World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon91

Hsv2

Cinnamon91

Well, I was recently diagnosed with HSV2. I’m still in my first out break this will be my 3rd week will be starting acyclovir pills and a cream this week.

I have a friends with benefit we always hook up, never had a problem. I started seeing someone and when it didn’t work out with him I went back to the friend we got drunk and fooled around had intercourse 4 days later I start having these problems. I don’t know how to say that it potentially could be himZ

I’ve cried all day today. My life will go on of course but I can’t stop with the pity party. I’m 28,  female, trying to educate myself but also wanting to find some new friends that can help me along the way.

BigViv

I’m 25 and mine is a very similar story. This is so new to me and i have A million and 1 questions. 

I too cant seem to stop the pity party. 

Angie040417
Posted (edited)

Same! I have been with my boyfriend for about five months but I was also an exotic dancer the entire time. My boyfriend and I both had an outbreak at the same time.. I do not believe he gave it to me though. I believe I have been asymptomatic for a while and never knew until now. When we had the outbreak I was extremely stressed. Had an anxiety attack the morning before.. my boyfriend decided to stay with me and we are choosing to go on with life and look at it as an opportunity to take better care of ourselves.. 

I am so sorry that you're going through this. I only found out myself about 3 weeks ago.  

Edited by Angie040417

Nicole18

Same boat. Got test results yesterday. Been separated for two months. I met someone and we were dating. I informed him yesterday of my results. He doesn't think that he has anything.  I guess I got it from the air! I only slept with him unprotected  (which was a massive error on my part, I know better). He obviously was sleeping with someone else. He claims that he wasnt  because he only had time for work. I can't  be too mad at him because we need to be more responsible when it comes to our health.

I am not stressed. It is a wake up call from God. I should have been stopped talking to this guy because he was NOT the one for me. He was the first person that I had been with, since separating from my ex. First guy in 12 years.

I go to the doctor's tomorrow.  I guess I will be on medication. Will stay positive and continue on with my life.

Will be praying for all of you!

WilsoInAus

Hey @Nicole18 spot on, If you’ve just swabbed positive with a bad first outbreak then yup there is essentially no question, this guy has HSV.

It doesn’t mean he’s sleeping around though. It’s possible he’s been carrying HSV for decades (depending on age and type!).

Note there is no need for medication unless you have a specific purpose such as unacceptable outbreak frequency or daily suppression to protect partners.

Nicole18

@WilsoInAus, hey! Thanks for responding. I am quite sure that he was sleeping around because I dont have HSV 1 and I gave him oral before. This happened in May. Wouldn't I have HSV1 as well? The last time that we were intimate was like 3 weeks ago.

I may have to take meds. I noticed a sore on my vagina yesterday. 

WilsoInAus
Just now, Nicole18 said:

@WilsoInAus, hey! Thanks for responding. I am quite sure that he was sleeping around because I dont have HSV 1 and I gave him oral before. This happened in May. Wouldn't I have HSV1 as well? The last time that we were intimate was like 3 weeks ago.

I may have to take meds. I noticed a sore on my vagina yesterday. 

What tests have you had? What are you positive for?

Many people obtain HSV-1 early in life.

Nicole18

Hsv1 was negative and hsv2 was 14.90. I was saying, if he already had hsv 2, I would have gotten hsv 1 from giving him oral back in May. But I wasn't positive for that, only Hsv 2. I am sure that he was with someone after that and got infected.

WilsoInAus
Just now, Nicole18 said:

Hsv1 was negative and hsv2 was 14.90. I was saying, if he already had hsv 2, I would have gotten hsv 1 from giving him oral back in May. But I wasn't positive for that, only Hsv 2. I am sure that he was with someone after that and got infected.

That test result means you have been infected for quite some time, quite probably years. There is no real evidence 

Note that HSV-1 and HSV-2 are distinct viruses that can inhabit potentially any ganglion on the body. The types are not defined by location.

Your HSV-2 infection gives you significant protection from further infection of either type.

Nicole18

But I have had children 3 children over the past 8 years and have gotten many blood tests, it would have shown in the  bloodwork.

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Nicole18 said:

But I have had children 3 children over the past 8 years and have gotten many blood tests, it would have shown in the  bloodwork.

Depends, there is a pretty decent chance you have never been tested for herpes until now. You'd see test results for IgG HSV-1 and HSV-2 in your paperwork.

Nicole18

They test pregnant women for all std's. I will double check, but I am 100% positive that I was checked for everything. They have to.

nakedandafraid

sorry - i'm very new and looking for information myself.... you mentioned that you are in your third week. is it common for an outbreak to last that long? 

just trying to learn - thanks 

davidis
Posted (edited)

Wow there's a lotta new people in here - sorry to hear guys! The first 3 or 6 months can feel pretty bleak, but once your body starts to develop a stronger immune system, it'll get a lot less chaotic and it'll become way easier to resume your normal dating lives 😐.

It's a very common experience to get these results - in some ways you're lucky to have the information because there are a million steps you can take to making it almost impossible to pass on to someone else. I've had herpes for 7 years now and as far as I know, I have never passed it on to anyone else and have never had any problems telling people - as long as you don't treat it like a dirty secret, people won't see it that way - and if they do, fuck em! (Not literally of course)

Just remember how common it is, and most importantly that it's not always an act of maliciousness - in fact, herpes is pretty random and most people don't know they have it. It's this idea that you get herpes as a form of punishment that pushes the stigma further along. I find it very important to remember that most times it's just bad luck, it's not worth obsessing over, and it's not a big deal - at all. Just takes time to adjust.

@nakedandafraid it is definitely common for your first OB to last a while - your body is still developing antibodies to fight the virus - if you ever have symptoms again they will be gone a lot sooner and are easier to manage with short-term medication. The first one can be a real doozy.

Edited by davidis

nakedandafraid

Thanks for responding, Davidis. I dont want to hijack someone else’s thread, but no one responded to my introductory post, and i just need to interact with knowledgeable people, because im wrought with fear, shame, and suicidal thoughts. Thanks for acknowledging me

davidis

@nakedandafraid I'm on here a few times a week, I'm always available to chat with people who have questions or just need to talk with someone about herpes - shoot me a message anytime and I'll chat with ya!

Like I said, the first little bit can be a disaster, but it gets much, much easier.