World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
M1k3

Confused about results and symptons (pictures added)

M1k3
Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Begin of april this year I had unprotected sex with a girl I just met that day. 

Few days after symptons started small red sores especially on foreskin, but also some on shaft. 

Foreskin was very red and inflamed and very painfull burning feeling. Also had a itch on different parts of my body with small red bumps.  Had symptons of tiredness, sore throat and fever, muscle aches especially in upper legs and extreme stress because of fear of herpes.
Also pain and bumps near anus and buttocks.

Tested negative on igg twice,  first test 10 days after exposure and second 6 weeks after exposure. 

Both results came back with a 0.0 result, this struck me as odd because from what I have read the test should always give a number even if its positive. 

The inflamed redness never left and also shows on penis head now. 

Last week the burning feeling and new small sores came back, also my body is itching on different places with small red bumps. 
Scrotum is very red.

Im going to the doctor again this week to get another test because it has been 3 months now. 

I have seen different doctors but they could not give me any conclusion on what it could be. 

Do the attached pictures look like herpes symptons? If not what could it be?

https://m.imgur.com/a/YDgoJL5

Edited by M1k3

WilsoInAus

Hey @M1k3 the pictures do not suggest herpes in and of themselves, I think it’s best to set them aside and focus on testing being the arbiter here.

The test result is unusual and would normally indicate a failed test, the lab technician being unhappy with the process.

12 weeks is a good time you can have a test and be confident in the result.

M1k3

Thank you, it does not look like the typical lesions found googling, but the first outbreak ticked off all the other boxes from the symptons list that scared me the most. 

Both tests where 0.0 i found that to be strange, i will ask the doctor this week on more information why this could have been the case. 

blurneworder
Posted (edited)

You have very similar symptoms to what I had. I didn’t test positive until almost one year later

The redness on my scrotum and head of penis is still there and has not been solved by medication or can be explained by doctors

Edited by blurneworder

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

You have very similar symptoms to what I had. I didn’t test positive until almost one year later

The redness on my scrotum and head of penis is still there and has not been solved by medication or can be explained by doctors

Which is all the proof that any one needs that it isn't related to herpes.

Quest

The best I can get is pearly papules or Fordyce spots if you enlarge the picture and look at the Corona. That's where they hang out. Looks more like Fordyce.

M1k3

Have been applying a cream against balanitis for over a week but redness still remains. 

Just went to the doctor and going for another test. 

Doctor was not really cooperative. He said the previous 0,0 test is normal if a person has no antibodys.  And he refused to call the lab to ask why it was 0.0.  I told him that normally negative tests will show a value above 0.0 then he just said dont believe everything you see o nthe internet.. 

I called the lab myself but ofc they would not give me any information. 

Anyway will wait for these results. 

Zero_Cool

@M1k3 I'm wondering what the results of your second test were?

Tone123
On 7/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, blurneworder said:

You really shouldn't scare folks like this. For 1 hsv1 tests miss 30% and maybe missed yours. What's the odds of you contracting it along your journey. Hsv1 is easier to get from the girl after the girl u thought was maybe the exposure. Sharing drinks cigs or anything. Cause of you posting it took you 1 year to test really messed me up cause now I'm not satisfied with my results. I'll be satisfied after 1 year maybe. 

Zach92
On 7/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, M1k3 said:

Hi, 

Begin of april this year I had unprotected sex with a girl I just met that day. 

Few days after symptons started small red sores especially on foreskin, but also some on shaft. 

Foreskin was very red and inflamed and very painfull burning feeling. Also had a itch on different parts of my body with small red bumps.  Had symptons of tiredness, sore throat and fever, muscle aches especially in upper legs and extreme stress because of fear of herpes.
Also pain and bumps near anus and buttocks.

Tested negative on igg twice,  first test 10 days after exposure and second 6 weeks after exposure. 

Both results came back with a 0.0 result, this struck me as odd because from what I have read the test should always give a number even if its positive. 

The inflamed redness never left and also shows on penis head now. 

Last week the burning feeling and new small sores came back, also my body is itching on different places with small red bumps. 
Scrotum is very red.

Im going to the doctor again this week to get another test because it has been 3 months now. 

I have seen different doctors but they could not give me any conclusion on what it could be. 

Do the attached pictures look like herpes symptons? If not what could it be?

https://m.imgur.com/a/YDgoJL5

This is identical to my symptoms. Especially the redness on the head. It’s  so frustrating. I’m on week 7 with no answers 

blurneworder
47 minutes ago, Zach92 said:

This is identical to my symptoms. Especially the redness on the head. It’s  so frustrating. I’m on week 7 with no answers 

What have you tried in order to figure it out?

Zach92
3 hours ago, blurneworder said:

What have you tried in order to figure it out?

IGG, IGM and swan test at week 2, 4 and 5. On top of that I’ve been to a urologist, ER and urgent care 5 times. If they all say it’s not herpes than it’s obviously not. I plan to get tested again in the next few weeks and that’ll be my final test. I’ve had no ulcers just bumps and redness that come and go on a several hour basis. The foreskin is a sensitive area and I’ve been paying more attention to it than I ever have st this point I’m probably in my own head

And I went to the urologist a week ago so week 6.