World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Rockstarnelly

New member :: HSV1 on Female Genitals

Rockstarnelly

Hi!

I just want to say how happy I was to discover this site! Being diagnosed can feel so lonely and absolutely NO ONE can even begin to imagine how painful this is. I just want to share the story of how I got diagnosed about 5 months ago and I’ve have three outbreaks since. I am not 100% sure how I got it because I had only been with my current boyfriend who was a virgin before me. I had an outbreak 5 months into our relationship and it was such a hard time because it was right when a very popular tv show I was on started the season. :( I was secretly having the worst time while all my friends and family thought I must be so happy to be on TV for this series. 

Prior to dating my current boyfriend, the last time I had sex was a year and 2 months before the outbreak. The doctors always assured me it was extremely unlikely I got it from that partner so I was left in a place of confusion. I have oral herpes on my vagina and no one knows who it’s from.. and also my boyfriend got testing and was negative. I stopped questioning where I got it from cause it wouldn’t make the physical pain any less. Now I live in fear of infecting my boyfriend and I would never wish an outbreak on my worst enemy. It would hurt me so bad to give it to him. 

After the initial diagnosis, it took me a little more than a month to completely heal. 

I’m currently going through a back to back outbreak. I JUST healed from one that was lower on my vagina and now I’m experience one where I’ve never had it before. It’s on the front of my vagina, right about my lips and the outbreak dominates a wide area. This is a very uncomfortable place to have an outbreak because it’s always rubbing against something .

If anyone has gotten this far in this post, I’m asking if there are ANY solutions for the pain. There isn’t much knowledge that’s easily accessible on herpes on the internet and I’m sure it’s because of the stigma behind this virus, but it can happen to anyone and is surprisingly very common. I can never find actually useful information for the pain, but I will admit that when I had my first outbreak, smoking weed helped a lot. It stopped and/or lessened the pain significantly while I was high, but I don’t want to have to get high to numb the pain. I like natural remedies as well, I don’t like taking Advil’s unless I absolutely have to and I don’t take it for this cause it didn’t work for me in the past.  If anyone else has GHSV1, (I’m assuming that stands for genital HSV1 cause this site is the first time I’ve seen that) please send natural remedies that have worked in the past for you. Anything that helps with GHSV2 would help too so feel free to share too, I’m just assuming something that helps the same exact virus as me might work best. Even if no one responds, it sure as hell feels good to just write me story and feel like I belong to a group of people who suffer the same thing as me. Forums like this should be recommended at the doctor cause no one ever talks about the depression that comes with this virus. 

Peace and love y’all! I hope anyone else reading with a current outbreak starts to feel better soon. This shit sucks but we in this together!

Quest

Diaper rash cream! I could walk again.

Keep your chin up

Rockstarnelly

Thank you! Is there a specific brand I should be looking for?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• thissucks31
      By thissucks31
      Hey guys, 
      Has anyone experienced recurring coldsores every 3 weeks, externally and internally.
      I have had HSV1 since 2010, so 9 years. At some point I started having outbreaks on the roof of my mouth. 

Now at roughly 9 years, I'm getting them every 3 weeks, Roof of mouth and bottom lip. 

Any advice. 

I take 2gm Valtrex at the start of the break out then 1 grm every 12 hours after. I take lysine, escherichia (however you spell it) vit c, vit a, t cells booster (antacid med). Nothing is changing. 
      Any advice. Its seriously depressing in a shitty weird way. 
    • hangirl
      By hangirl
      Ive have GHSV1 for two years and have not experienced an OB since my first initial one.. except for now i think. I was very stressed and worrisome, which caused me to get itchy down there, and now everytime i wipe i feel like there are blisters, but when i look there are none! im so confused and not sure if its just my mind trying to trick me, but i can sometimes feel them when i am sitting down, it feels like pins and needles.. has anyone else experienced this?? i dont know what to do! im trying to not think about it and 'think' my way out of this outbreak
    • hangirl
      By hangirl
      I was diagnosed with GHSV1 two years ago, i was in denial and still am. The doctor even said that what I had did not look like herpes. Dont know how or when i got it, and thats the worst part. I havent had an outbreak for two years, and i started feeling normal and honestly forgot i had it. I practiced safe sex but did not disclose my condition in fear of rejection. I have been taking Lysine and have been feeling great...until now. A former partner (who i never had sex with in any form), approached me saying he had gotten diagnosed HSV1, this brought back the stress, anxiety, fear, and depression I had gone through with my diagnosis. which then caused me to spiral into research and sleepless nights spent thinking how i will conquer this disease. After all the stress and research i am now feeling itchiness down there and pins and needles feelings, yet no blisters or rash. No clue if its my mind messing with me, or an actual outbreak (would be my first since my diagnosis). I guess i just need reassurance and consolation.. I feel lonely, no one knows i have this... The guy i am seeing now will not want me if i tell him... I keep convincing myself that if i take care of myself and continuously practice safe sex, i will never have to tell anyone until i meet my husband but i know that is not true... I have no where to go and dont know what to do.
    • Muscha
      By Muscha
      I have tested negative for everything except hsv 1. My value was 1.31.  I was tested 16 days post exposure. I dont recall any cold sores anywhere on my body prior to my exposure but very possibly when I was a kid, I just dont remember any type of cold sores.  However, my main reason for testing is a concern for hsv2 and will test again at 16 weeks....(bump in my groin area).  Question 1. Could that numeric value for hsv1 be a false positive or possibly a new infection. Question 2. In light of so many false results that I have seen or heard ...would it make more sense to opt for a western blot or go with the Igg type specific test.  Thanks
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • @lw@ys
      I usually stick to 16-18 hour fasts daily. It helps me. 
    • iFdUp
      To all the people estimating 2023 for human trials of what Dr Jerome is working on, we really have to see.  Depending on what is happening right now about that 90% delivery to the SCG and the 50% to TG.  As soon as it is considered an effective cure in mice it will move to a greater animal.  The time to determine results of the mice testing was at most around 45~ days per test grouping. It may be longer for greater animals but I doubt it would be much longer.  If the same level of efficacy is found in the greater animals it may progress to clinic much faster. It may even be granted access to certain people with rare cases of lethal herpes, anything is possible. 
    • Focri
      Same... on everything. I hated when i saw that the CDC thought It wouldn’t change people’s behavior, therefore, no testing. Screw that. When I was tested before the last relationship I was in, they didn’t even tell me what was Not being tested for. I just assumed all the common or dangerous ones.  However, my ex used it to her advantage and actually used it as a weapon so we would be “stuck together” she would often say happily, and now she’s even denying she has it (accused me) and she wont get tested, leading me to believe this is a strategy of hers - saying she got tested, but keeping the HSV off the books. Psycho  Will be taking her to court for sexual assault soon as she aggressively pursued sex, forcing herself on me as she stripped, and resulting in a disgusting situation of me not interested and her looking back on it often saying, “ive never cum so much.”  I stopped dating for years trying to get life together, and this fuckingNot testing bullshit is beyond stupid considering all of the serious health complications from HSV1 and 2. 
    • LightafterDarkness
      Thanks @WilsoInAus   Day +43: Another inspection from the doctor and he is not seeing anything; also a dermatologist in the clinic takes a look. Doctor also is skeptical that cut on left butt check is anything to be concerned about. In the evening itchiness appears but its not too bad- i have noticed that perhaps the area is tender from the previous pain so any sort of touching sets off itchnyess. Speak with Doc and plan is to do a blood test around the 10 week mark. Im also down to 1g/day for Val and will be complete on Sunday. Day +44: itchyness continues but it comes and goes.
    • LightafterDarkness
      Looks like the fundraiser just passed the $25k mark. At some point this money starts to become really meaningful (e.g., $50k may pay for one additional person to work in the lab etc). Also its a signal from the community that there is alot of interest in a cure via gene therapy. http://engage.fredhutch.org/site/TR?px=1709211&fr_id=1574&pg=personal    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.