World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lonely

help!!!

lonely

having herpes have affected my life, and been feeling lonely. please some body can help me how to date a person that really want me to be his girlfriend and dont know how i can tell him that i have genital herpes. i really like him ...im scare that he might go away from me and i also scare that i can give him herpes...:confused::(

austintxee

Honestly it is better to tell sooner than later. If you wait too long he might think you betrayed him. Let him get to know you before you tell him so you are more than a girl with an std; you are no different inside now than you were before. Herpes doesn't change who you are. It is very hard to tell someone you have it, but the anxiety of telling is much worse than the telling. Do your research so you can answer his questions and give him solid information. Try not to cry and be positive. It is not going to be as hard as you think it will be. If he gets up and walks out or doesnt take the time to listen than he isn't the kind of guy you should be with. He might react well and tell you it doesn't matter but you have to be honest with him. Honesty and trust are very important in a relationship. When I told the guy I am with he reacted well. We went over info for about 10 mins before he just closed the computer and said "it doesnt matter... it won't change the way I feel." People are all different but if he lets this get between you than he isn't worth the time. Good luck and let us know!

alwaysalone

tell him straight out whats up. it will be much easier for you and him in the end if you just tell him. good luck

ArizonaLove

I to am getting ready to tell my special someone. It's still early on. Having a STD really does affect things, but who you are as a person isn't changed. For the most part, It changed me, but for the better. Getting it actually straigtened out my life. No more random drunken parties, or sleeping around. I no longer do drugs, or feel the need to drink to have fun.

And the way I look at it now is, you can do something other people cant, you can screen a guy. Face it, if the guy just wants to be with you so he can score, then he'll flip out and leave. But if the guy is interested in you as a person, it wont affect him much. If a guy is interested in you as a person then sex is a side benefit, rather than the focus of a relationship.

Some times it helps to look at things from different point of veiws. All tho its hard to think positive, look at it from a positive point of veiw. Also before telling him think about what you would want to hear if it was being told to you.

I plan to tell him when It's just me and him, but at a time where he can leave afterwards. Such as I won't tell him on a night I plan to sleep over. And it has been strongly reccomended to not wait until right before something is about to happen to tell him. he may then feel betrayed. You can always role play to pratice too. (sorry for the spelling, I'm half asleep here and everything looks like it's spelled wrong). Your more than welcome to send me a private message on what you would say to role play it if you think it will help.

Remember, I'm right here with you, in the same boat, first time telling a guy I'm dating.