World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
raka

New Research on Crispr

iFdUp
Posted (edited)

I'll give these a read and try to pluck out some key ideas. 

*EDIT*

"Expanded targeting by RESCUE means that sites regulating activity and function of many proteins through post-translational modifications, such as phosphorylation, glycosylation, and methylation, can now be more readily targeted for editing."

"RESCUE could be deployed transiently in situations where a modification may be desirable temporarily, but not permanently."

"To facilitate additional work that will push RESCUE toward the clinic, as well as enable researchers to use RESCUE as a tool to better understand disease-causing mutations, the Zhang lab plans to share the RESCUE system broadly, as they have with previously developed CRISPR tools."

(http://news.mit.edu/2019/new-crispr-platform-expands-rna-editing-capabilities-0711) quotes above from this article.

Herpes virus is made up physically of different types of Glycoproteins. This could benefit herpes research by giving us another way to attack the virus and interfere with it. 

Edited by iFdUp

The
Posted (edited)

One step closer.

Any advancement in gene editing platforms is just another possible glimmer of hope. Seems like RESCUE could be a big missing link for CRISPR to effectively disrupt viruses

Edited by The

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Kurdt01
      I received the ‘optimal dose’ in phase 2. Made me and many others worse. That’s why this died. Just my opinion but vaccines are not the way.
    • Ely
      If I have hsv 1 from childhood don't know the place what is the possibility to get same type on genitals if I samebody give me oral sex.. Or I it greater chance that this person have hsv2 inside mouth. Other after exposure 12 days I get symthoms test igg was positive but igm negative is this possible or In such infection igg and igm will be positive or, if somebody knows let me know pls, wish y all healthy life 
    • b14
      I got diagnosed with HSV2 in February 2019 and have had a pretty hard time dealing with it. I am 20 and got it from guy who coerced me into having sex and didn't use a condom even though I said he had to. I hadn't had sex since that incident until this past weekend, when I met a guy who is now a professional athlete that used to go to my school. Needless to say I was interested. Far too many drinks later he ended up at my house and we had sex... but I was drunk and wasn't thinking and we didn't use a condom. I'm on suppressive treatment so I don't know if I necessarily gave it to him but I can't help but feel guilty and ashamed. I hated that the guy who gave it to me did it so recklessly and I had promised myself I wouldn't have sex until I was in a relationship and could trust the person enough to talk about it with them. I also can't stop thinking about what would happen if he got it, if he told his friends, his old teammates. Rumors travel fast and these social circles are small and I am filled with stress just thinking about it. Any advice besides never do that again?
    • Bee133
      Please help me last week I had rough sex and he poked me and it was for a long time, I got dry at points and after I was quite sore, but the soreness didn’t go away so I looked down there and I found some little round sores not to big one by my  vagina opening and then 2 closer to my anis Is this herpes they sting to touch 
    • Confusedgirl24
      Just last Saturday I had unprotected sex and and gave oral now this Wednesday I have white patches on my tonsils... can I have given myself herpes in the mouth. It’s been 4 days and I just notice the soreness in my throat. Here’s a pic can someone help me.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.