World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Scooby2112
      Beware of phone numbers
    • Crazygirl123
      Hi i don’t know what this is and it hurts. this girl said she had herpes and i have sex with the same guy after her like a couple weeks. but she says she doesn’t now so idk what to believe. It hurts. , i can’t add photos so somebody please text my number and help me 9402242775
    • Scooby2112
      Not a lot to go on.  UTI symptoms are mostly during the initial outbreak.  Not during recurrences.     therefore it doesn’t sound like herpes since it is only UTI symptoms.      
    • Scooby2112
      I assume you gave oral sex to whomever back 20 days ago?   hsv2 is very unlikely to infect the oral cavity and if so, unlikely to show symptoms.     also transmitting to thick skin like face skin is harder than the lips/ mucous membranes.     I don’t believe this looks like herpes.  They look filled with pus like a pimple /ingrown hair.  
    • JeffBridges
      Hi, After getting tested for hsv2, my results were “indeterminate” and I was negative for all other diseases. I had protected sex ~20 days ago. Just a few days ago, these bumps appeared on my chin and over the course of 2 days have disappeared. Are these herpes? thank you in advance
Sign in to follow this  
raka

New Research on Crispr

iFdUp

I'll give these a read and try to pluck out some key ideas. 

*EDIT*

"Expanded targeting by RESCUE means that sites regulating activity and function of many proteins through post-translational modifications, such as phosphorylation, glycosylation, and methylation, can now be more readily targeted for editing."

"RESCUE could be deployed transiently in situations where a modification may be desirable temporarily, but not permanently."

"To facilitate additional work that will push RESCUE toward the clinic, as well as enable researchers to use RESCUE as a tool to better understand disease-causing mutations, the Zhang lab plans to share the RESCUE system broadly, as they have with previously developed CRISPR tools."

(http://news.mit.edu/2019/new-crispr-platform-expands-rna-editing-capabilities-0711) quotes above from this article.

Herpes virus is made up physically of different types of Glycoproteins. This could benefit herpes research by giving us another way to attack the virus and interfere with it. 

Edited by iFdUp

The

One step closer.

Any advancement in gene editing platforms is just another possible glimmer of hope. Seems like RESCUE could be a big missing link for CRISPR to effectively disrupt viruses

Edited by The