World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
overcomer

WARNING-TMI!!! Vaginal Secretions and Herpes

overcomer

My boyfriend knows that I have HSV and I am currently having an outbreak, but still wanted to have sex (with a condom, of course). I (WE) KNOW FULL WELL THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO HORNY THAT WE COULDN'T WAIT. We know that condoms are not 100%, but we made sure that I stayed on top so I could have better control; not wanting to go beyond the condom barrier. We also placed a towel around him to cover all other areas that could possibly be exposed.

I'm curious to know if herpes can be transmitted by vaginal secretions. I'm aware that it can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, but haven't heard anything about this way.

coalminer

KY Jelly has a version that comes with a spermicide that is supposed to kill the virus. Perhaps using that in addition to everything else you are already doing will help.

lilanne19

Herpes is on the skin, not in fluids. So it's not in vaginal secretions. Since it's transmitted by skin to skin contact, you may also suggest that he take a shower after sex since soap and water kills the virus.