World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Quest

How to Successfully Search your Subject here and Terri Warren's Site or NCBI

Quest

Google Search  Words Example: "Terri Warren tingling butt" These were the results! So any time Terri talked to anyone about the subject matter it showed up here!

Honeycomb search engine Search Words Example: Say you are searching for "immune" by author Cas9 boom 178 results

Google  science/trial search: You would search science of "BHT ncbi pubmed" by clicking HERE

Ask the experts now will cost you $25.00 Terri Warren RN, Edward Hook MD, & Hunter Hansfield MD

I hope it helps you and you be good to you! :biglove:

If  l or anyone helped you here please make a nice donation to Fred Hutch Research Center

Mod update: you can now donate directly to HSV research at Fred Hutch here: http://engage.fredhutch.org/goto/hsvresearch

Let me know what you want me to add

WilsoInAus

@Quest and @MikeHerp it is not acceptable on this site to call for donations to a specific entity.

This is for three main reasons:

- it is not possible to verify that there is no vested interest in the entity being promoted by a particular person.

- people have a right to choose from all available options as to where donations can be made, simply because someone has been helped on this site does not mean there ought to be any suggestion they should feel like they ought to donate to herpes research instead of say abuse of women or clean water projects.

- Not everyone lives in America. Many countries have various laws surrounding donations, particularly tax law, in order to encourage research within a country and opportunities for their national scientists.

I ask that you respect the inclusive nature of this website and its diverse peoples.

MikeHerp

The FHC donation drive has been vetted by the admins here as a legit one. The post which is referenced by Quest was in fact even pinned by admins.

WilsoInAus
16 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

The FHC donation drive has been vetted by the admins here as a legit one. The post which is referenced by Quest was in fact even pinned by admins.

What has that got to do with my points and asking you to obey the forum rules and the avknowledgment of the above points?

We don’t know if you have any vested interest.

here is guideline 7 that you agreed to when joining. Your attention has been drawn to it multiple times now.

7. Advertising and solicitation is strictly forbidden within the posts of the forum and in member signatures, emails and private messages.

We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, pages, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.

Some lenience is given in the Herpes Cure Research threads to highlight funds, charities and research efforts that are underway, but please do not solicit donations or money for these services via our support forum.

Please do not use our support service to promote a website that solicits a product, service, fund or donations, this includes making a post to promote a website or product that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website or a non profit website, if you have not obtained consent and it involves solicitation it will not be permitted and will be removed.

MikeHerp
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Was has that got to do with my points and asking you to obey the forum rules and the avknowledgment of the above points?

We don’t know if you have any vested interest.

I actually do have an interest in it—my interest is wanting myself and others to be cured of herpes. 

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

I actually do have an interest in it—my interest is wanting myself and others to be cured of herpes. 

Again, please observe the guideline that you have agreed to.

Quest

I will do whatever they want me to do.

We should shake hands and bury the hatchet.:goodbye:

What a shame to not promote Fred Hutch Research Center! 

WilsoInAus

@Quest of course we can bury any hatchet :) 

No one is asking anyone to stop promoting the cause of a herpes cure It is a problem though when one cause in one country (that’s only 4.3% of the world’s population) is been promoted by an international forum.

It may also not be the best option to develop a cure that remains white man’s magic and only a few people in the US can afford it.

It might be better for example for a cheap vaccine to be made and produced in China to be invested in that may not be a cure or have 100% preventative properties but actually reduce the world’s burden significantly more than other solutions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• veganhardware
      By veganhardware
      Hi fam,
      I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could provide any input to what my photos might indicate.
      Long story short, I received oral from my girlfriend on Aug 16th and noticed first symptoms of pain in penis area on Aug 18th. We also had protected sex.
      The very first symptom I noticed was burning sensation in my urethra only 2 days after the sex. Today is Aug 20th and I still have that sensation (it feels worse when I masturbate/ejaculate). Other current symptoms: dull lower abdominal pain and loose stool (not necessarily diarrhea).
      The thing that alarms me most are these extremely tiny little bubbles that I'm pretty sure were never there before. I'm not sure if this is early onset herpes or something else. Right now, I think signs are pointing to Chlamydia/Gonorrhea but I also know that genital herpes can show almost no symptoms at all. The weird thing is when my penis is erect, the bubbles smooth out for the most part (I don't have any other lesions/sores/pimples on the rest of my body).
      I would be grateful for any input at all. I'm so anxious right now but also thankful for a forum like this because we can share all of our problems together. We're not alone.
      Fortunately, I just got a full battery of tests completed and should be receiving the results back this week so I won't be guessing for much longer.
      Thank you so much...
      Links to photos below:
      https://prnt.sc/ovazwd
      https://prnt.sc/ovb07h
      https://prnt.sc/ovb0et
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Tack99
      By Tack99
      June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.
      Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)
      Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.
      Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure
      Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  
      Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.
      Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.
      Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.
      I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).
      My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.
      I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.
      I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.
      My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 
      Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  
      I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.
      I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.
      I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

• Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• alextheman
      You have to lower your stress.Stress is a big key.Me im trying to sleep more and lower my stress.Im trying to not worry about having herpes.I have it,and there is nothing i can do,So why stress myself about it?Im taking medicine to help suppress it.For me stress and sleep are my biggest factors.
    • nakedandafraid
      How long after you had sex with this woman did you exhibit symptoms? What makes you think she has herpes?
    • hobson
      Hi she got the cold sore a couple days ago after oral . Always use a condom. She isn’t got herpes as far as I’m aware but she got a cold after she performed oral on me . She sent me a pic of the cold sores.  I don’t know why they didn’t do blood tests. I have read a PCR test is accurate. I don’t know how to get closure from this. 
    • nakedandafraid
      Im no admin, but ive seen many folks share photos looking for info. I think its ok.  If I may ask, how long after having sex with this woman did the symptoms appear?  Ive heard that pc swabs are pretty accurate.. Did this woman tell you she has herpes, or did you hear it through a third party?  I dont see why they wouldnt give you the iGg / iGm blood test. If im not mistaken, you can order one yourself and go to a local Quest/Labcorp (depending on where you live)  i assume the cold sores are on her mouth? Did you see them, or did she tell you about them?   
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @K1009 that all sounds a typical experience of transmission between partners. Please take heart, after the first few months, many people experience extremely few outbreaks of any with gHSV-1. Also you cannot feasibly give this back to your partner, you are now concordant sexually in terms of HSV and your immune systems will protect you from further infection.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.