Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MiLoBeng

EXD-12 (Excell Biotech) Phase 1 ready in 2020

Recommended Posts

MiLoBeng
Posted (edited)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-startup-biotech-company-plans-to-test-promising-herpes-vaccine-for-both-hsv-1-and-hsv-2-300892848.html

Looks like we got ourselves another HSV vaccine candidate and they are planning to start human testing in early 2020. 

Edited by MiLoBeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightafterDarkness

Interesting! The release suggests they want to get preclinical animal data "completed" by end of 2019 with phase I trials in early 2020. That timeline seems.... aggressive? Also does anyone know / have heard of this outfit before- have they been on the radar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theremustbeaway

It seems promising they are really optimistic about this . The tone of speech is positive . It seems everyone is now on the side that the focus on glycoprotein D was the reasoning behind the failure of other vaccines. I hope one of these  succeeds and just gets this over with , I can’t wait till the name of this webpage changes its name to EX H support !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry

I can’t remember, didn’t Univ. Of Pennsylvania and their “Trivalent” Vaccine partner with a company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightafterDarkness

I hope Im not raining on the parade but Im a bit skeptical here. Hopefully i end up eating my own words!

Quick thoughts

  • This outfit seems to have come out of nowhere - feels like someone would have heard about them before?
  • The studies they point to are all from the Albert Einstein Group (we know them now as XVac). No original work cited?
  • The website seems pretty bare bones- no real info on the team, the social media links dont actually work, etc. Seems strange?
  • When you do a quick whois search looks like there might be a german connection but its hard to tell (http://whois.domaintools.com/excellbio.io

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry
11 minutes ago, LightafterDarkness said:

I hope Im not raining on the parade but Im a bit skeptical here. Hopefully i end up eating my own words!

Quick thoughts

  • This outfit seems to have come out of nowhere - feels like someone would have heard about them before?
  • The studies they point to are all from the Albert Einstein Group (we know them now as XVac). No original work cited?
  • The website seems pretty bare bones- no real info on the team, the social media links dont actually work, etc. Seems strange?
  • When you do a quick whois search looks like there might be a german connection but its hard to tell (http://whois.domaintools.com/excellbio.io

I looked as well and thought it smelled a little funny also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The

Interesting. Seems that theyve been keeping their project and their very existence quiet until after their patent got approved. They just founded the company May of last year which means theyve probably been working on it for years behind the scenes somewhere. Sneaky. Also, seems like the site info was written by a person with english as their 2nd language...🤔

Their projected timelines seem ambitious but youve got to be bold if you want to grab an investor's attention I suppose. They sound damn confident and seems like theyve gotten a ton of work done already; here's to hoping theyve got what it takes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatguy123

If you watch her discussion from late last year, Betsy Herald from Albert Einstein mentions how she took all of her work and gave it to a pharmaceutical company for clinical trials and submission to the FDA. Logic would tell me that this is the company, and although I cant be sure, the kinetics of the vaccines seem to be similar in both cases.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry
30 minutes ago, Thatguy123 said:

If you watch her discussion from late last year, Betsy Herald from Albert Einstein mentions how she took all of her work and gave it to a pharmaceutical company for clinical trials and submission to the FDA. Logic would tell me that this is the company, and although I cant be sure, the kinetics of the vaccines seem to be similar in both cases.

 

I believe, the Einstein School of Medicine partnered and became X-Vax

https://x-vax.com/   Look at their team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatguy123

Good find! Excell Bio might just be licensing the tech from XVax to commercialize it. Happens in biotech all the time. Who knows, XVax might be some think tank who just makes money from licensing... can’t beat that 100% margin! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightafterDarkness
2 hours ago, Thatguy123 said:

Good find! Excell Bio might just be licensing the tech from XVax to commercialize it. Happens in biotech all the time. Who knows, XVax might be some think tank who just makes money from licensing... can’t beat that 100% margin! 

 

That is incorrect given statements that XVax has made which can be found online as well in XVax thread on this board. In any case time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iFdUp
13 hours ago, LightafterDarkness said:

Interesting! The release suggests they want to get preclinical animal data "completed" by end of 2019 with phase I trials in early 2020. That timeline seems.... aggressive? Also does anyone know / have heard of this outfit before- have they been on the radar?

Seems fine to me. Animal testing is what it is, they gather their data from the subjects post-mortem and search for herpes in the physical material of the specimen. 

As well as searching for signs of toxicity and what not, I assume. That being said, they will want to make use of their money and make the most of it. I would think that would involve keeping their momentum up. 

Sounds like good things are happening though : ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MiLoBeng
Posted (edited)

Gotta say I myself am not a very optimistic person but I do have to admit there are alot of things going on right now. I can't tell whether they will succeed or ended up like Gen-003 in the coming years. 

Edited by MiLoBeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iFdUp
2 minutes ago, MiLoBeng said:

Gotta say I myself am not a very optimistic person but I do have to admit there are alot of things going on right now. I can't tell whether they will succeed or ended up like Gen-003 in the coming years. 

I can't remember who said it but the quote was something like 'Gen-003 may have been a failure but its building blocks like this that allow us a path forward, to learn from our experiences.'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry
4 hours ago, iFdUp said:

I can't remember who said it but the quote was something like 'Gen-003 may have been a failure but its building blocks like this that allow us a path forward, to learn from our experiences.'.

 

                      “You never fail until you stop trying”.   Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightafterDarkness

I continue to be suspicious of this group given the lack of any real data about this outfit.

A little bit of searching allowed me to find a bit more data which does not seem to add up:

 

Maybe I am wrong but all in all I would not hold my breath on this one. Better to spend time tracking Pritelivir, the work from Xvax, Nanoviricides, and others which have demonstrated their work, the science behind it, the trackrecord, etc.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,309
    • Total Posts
      475,370
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

  • Posts

    • alextheman
      You have to lower your stress.Stress is a big key.Me im trying to sleep more and lower my stress.Im trying to not worry about having herpes.I have it,and there is nothing i can do,So why stress myself about it?Im taking medicine to help suppress it.For me stress and sleep are my biggest factors.
    • nakedandafraid
      How long after you had sex with this woman did you exhibit symptoms? What makes you think she has herpes?
    • hobson
      Hi she got the cold sore a couple days ago after oral . Always use a condom. She isn’t got herpes as far as I’m aware but she got a cold after she performed oral on me . She sent me a pic of the cold sores.  I don’t know why they didn’t do blood tests. I have read a PCR test is accurate. I don’t know how to get closure from this. 
    • nakedandafraid
      Im no admin, but ive seen many folks share photos looking for info. I think its ok.  If I may ask, how long after having sex with this woman did the symptoms appear?  Ive heard that pc swabs are pretty accurate.. Did this woman tell you she has herpes, or did you hear it through a third party?  I dont see why they wouldnt give you the iGg / iGm blood test. If im not mistaken, you can order one yourself and go to a local Quest/Labcorp (depending on where you live)  i assume the cold sores are on her mouth? Did you see them, or did she tell you about them?   
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @K1009 that all sounds a typical experience of transmission between partners. Please take heart, after the first few months, many people experience extremely few outbreaks of any with gHSV-1. Also you cannot feasibly give this back to your partner, you are now concordant sexually in terms of HSV and your immune systems will protect you from further infection.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.