World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
toshibanow

Confused! Please help! I can't sleep!

toshibanow

Here is my back story. I really hope someone can help. Not being able to know is stressing me out. If i do have it, i want to accept it. but now im just completely confused.

I've had one bf for almost a year now, and we have both been together only. I have not been with anyone else, and he has sworn that he has not.

My bf had one cold sore outbreak. I assumed I got my outbreak from him, oddly not during his outbreak. however, when he had is cold sore, he didnt touched me or kissed me. he knew of the potential consequences.

i am currently a univ student and was not able to go see my regular doctor.

(June 07) About six months ago, I developed symptoms that were similar to Herpes (flu like symptoms, severe pain in gentialia). I went to my university health center and the RN diagnosed as herpes, however the culture came out inconclusive. She reported seeing sores and I had severe pain. the sores appeared in the frontal vulva, thus the nurse assumed i got the outbreak from oral sex, and diagnosed with that knowledge and type 1. I was prescribed Valtrex.

(Sept 07) About 3 months later I had another outbreak. I did not have time to visit the doctor this time but I was prescribed Valtrex again (finals and the overflow of the health center). I have similar symptoms to my first out break.

(Right now Dec 07) I developed similar symptoms BUT not as severe. I did not have the chance to meet the doctor but I took a lab test. I took a IgG test a few days ago and came out negative (under 0.9) for both HSV 1 and 2. Thus the test noted I do NOT have herpes. Today I went to Planned Parenthood and awaiting a culture test.

Note i took the blood test while having symptoms. yet cause i have had the outbreak before, i am assuming i would have the antibodies in my system.

1. Should I conclude i do not herpes?

2. If i do not have herpes, what could I have?!

please help, any insight would be much appreciated.

20Tearz

Im new to all this but to my understanding... its sounds like you hav it... the fact that it keeps reoccurring presenting the way herpes does, i havent been able to get tested to find out exactly which i hav, im pretty sure its 1 but either way before i ever went to the dr i knew what it was. And if you do have it the only way to b sure which you hav is to check out ya test results....