World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Desertfox
      @WilsoInAus   I’m making a dermatologist appointment, still unable to see my pcp. He did prescribe me 2 different creams and they only seemed to make it worse or not do anything at all. He believed it was eczema, but he has not even been able to see my penis...do to the virtual visits only. I’m not sure if I had cold sores or not. Just been freaking out thinking it’s Genital Herpes.  Thank you so much for responding.
    • Miss Horne
      It worked wonderfully @Kurdt01, I’m just too fucking broke to buy it! 
    • Miss Horne
      When I was diagnosed we were all gearing up for the Frazer, Gen003 and Halford therapeutic vaccines, all flopped. Pritlevir trials were suspended and there was nothing else really on the table. Some 6 years later Pritlevir has been fast tracked, Gen003 might be back in the running and a member of our forum is taking part in a monoclonal trial (with good results I understand). Best of all Dr Jerome has actually partially cured hsv in mice and thanks to our donations will be progressing to other animal modules soon. My point being time flies and there is so much more research going on now. I understand the frustration, we all do but please don’t get disheartened, like I say we are in a much better position now than we were just a couple of years ago. 
    • asdfz
      Hi, here seeking advice from those on Famvir for daily suppressive therapy. I’ve tried valtrex and get nasty side effects so I’m on Famvir. I was taking 375 every 12 hours which kept OBs away but I was getting 2 migraines a week. My doc said to try 250 every 8 hours. I’ve been on that about a week and constantly feel tingles. Is that normal when adjusting meds? Will it go away as my body adapts? Please help! 
    • Cas9
      @Ohsotired It took 10 years for mouse studies? Not sure if that's true, but anyway, it takes a while when starting out because you're kind of starting from scratch. That also involves in vitro work. Then you need to go to mice. So the in vitro and mice work is where a lot of the figuring out has taken place. It involved a lot of painstaking work. In fact Dr. Jerome started with an old style editor (CRISPR hadn't been invented yet). When he wasn't getting the results with whatever editor he was using, and CRISPR was invented, he then switched to CRISPR. He got worse results with that. His team then figured out what the issues were, step by step. And finally we are where we are; i.e. 90% and 50% cleavage in SCG and TG. And he knows what the issue is regarding improving those percentages to 90%+ in the DRG and TG. So a lot of the figuring out took a while and now we just need to see that it works in guinea pigs and then primates. Unless something goes wrong, and there's no reason to believe that it will, we are not going to take 10 years for each animal of course. If things go smoothly I would say 3 or 4 years. Then on to clinical. But we'll see. " Most researchers spend 3-6 years in the preclinical stage of research, 3-7 years in the clinical phase, and 2-5 years afterwards to launch the drug for public use. That’s Titans about 18 years in all for a drug to make it to mainstream. " So you chose the high end for each range. If I choose the low end for each it's 8 years. It's really impossible to predict. But I think the majority of us think that if it's successful it's at least 10 years away. Before your research, how long did you think the process would take? If it takes 10 years, how old will you be?
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.