World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  

Good day!

Genital Herpes Home Testing

NEW - In-home Genital Herpes Testing Kits!

Affordable, Hassle-free, 100% Confidential, 5 Minute Testing
  • No doctor or lab visits required
  • Prescription sent to your pharmacy
  • Lab-certified results in days
  • All from the comfort of home

Hi everyone!

I will try to write this as grammatically correct as I can. But please bear over with me and my errors, I'm from Denmark (Scandinavia) and though languages really interest me, I tend to make errors...

I'm so happy to have found this forum. I have found all the answers to my questions about herpes genitalis in here. Plus a lot of hope and inspiration!

I got my first outbreak of genital herpes about 2 months ago. It was a nightmare, I was so ill. Couldn't walk, sit or even stand up. Especially couldn't pee. All I really did, was to cry and feel miserable.

My previous boyfriend, who had a coldsore on his mouth, did'nt think it was possible to infect me since it was almost gone and there was "only" a scab on it.

But of course he ended up infecting me during oral sex, so now I have Herpes Genitalis (yay!). But I try not to blame him and think negative thoughts about him, because that won't take me anywhere. Besides he is a good person, and of course it was never his intention to infect me.

We ended up breaking up after 1 year together. It was hard and a lot of really stressful and sad thing happened in my life in that period.

It has been difficult to learn to cope with. And i'm probably far from accepting it fully but I think I have come a long way. Thanks to your website. Learning that you're not the only person in this world who has this problem is a relief.

And hey, we are actually a whole lot of people who have this complaint. Yesterday i read that one in four Americans has genital herpes.

I try my best to be positive about this. It doesn't have to change our lives dramatically. It could have been much worse.

Still I am a bit worried about the future. About finding a boyfriend who will accept that this "ilness" comes along with me. And of course i'm worried about my future sexlife too...

But I just want to say thank you for making this forum and giving me all the answers that I need, it really makes me full of hope. I'm going to make it eventually, and so will all of you:)

Hugs from Venus88