World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lisa21

Can someone help with these results meaning ???

Lisa21

From the looks of the test. I’m <0.91 which is in range for negative on both Hsv 1&2 

but that is the Ratio number that I see on here??

WilsoInAus

Yes it is a ratio. At the end of every testing set of wells is the control well. This has the control antibody solution added instead of blood.

The colour density of your well is expressed as a ratio to the control well. 

A negative result means no antibodies were detected, the value  is usually a minimum reflecting the slight ‘staining’ of the antigen that occurs in every test. 

Lisa21

The doctor never called me back... I’m just looking at my results online my results we <0.91 which was neg for 1 and 2 but my ratio was 0.93 which was out of range... since my partner tested positive... does that mean i tested to soon and im on my way to postive?? Does that number drop or go up if i retest in a few weeks??

Im I ok and need to relax and breathe???

WilsoInAus

@Lisa21 it is important to be very clear on the results for you and your partner.

What were is actual results for IgG HSV-1 and HSV-2 as well as yours? Do you have those four numbers?

Lisa21

Mine number where

<0.91 on both hsv 1&2 Igg 

my ratio was 0.93 on Igm 

idk his numbers, I’ve encouraged him to go get his paper work and to be retested... we’ve been togther since Aug of last year 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Lisa21 you can ignore the IgM result which doesn’t shed any light. You are negative for HSV 1/2.

No sex until he puts the numbers on the table! ;)

Lisa21

Babe we are done!!!

this is too close for comfort... im not mad at him, but imma just be celibate for a while..

WilsoInAus

@Lisa21 I hope that’s not on account of herpes. What if he’s been told his IgM means his positive when that isn’t the case?!?

Lisa21

These just has been one of the these i have always feared 

I’m still feel worrisome 

Surprise

What made u get tested? Did u have any sypmtoms

Lisa21

No and neither did he... he just went in for a sore throat and they did blood work 

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Lisa21 said:

No and neither did he... he just went in for a sore throat and they did blood work 

Pretty likely here he just has an oral HSV-1 infection.

Surprise

They did the blood work without him requesting it that sounds odd normally they don't test for hsv without a request. Nonetheless, sounds like u had a close call I would still retest later on just to be completely sure. 

Lisa21

@Surprise same thing i said.. but he came back postive for 1 and 2 and now I’m thinking I’ve tested too early 

Surprise
4 hours ago, Lisa21 said:

These just has been one of the these i have always feared 

I’m still feel worrisome 

1 hour ago, Lisa21 said:

1 hour ago, Lisa21 said:

@Surprise same thing i said.. but he came back postive for 1 and 2 and now I’m thinking I’ve tested too early 

That's what I was thinking. However, I am not always right. Therefore, I try to be optimistic about any situation good luck I'm sure it will end up working out

Lisa21

That I tested too early??? 

Weve bn togther a year 

Surprise
4 hours ago, Lisa21 said:

That I tested too early??? 

Weve bn togther a year 

This virus is very tricky. I do believe that

Fred Ins

<0.91 is not negative, it is suspicious.

negative IgG is a till 0.7, between 0.7 and 0.9 it is suspicious, and higher than 0.9 is a positive. You are right at the edge.

You should give a PCR test from the lesions on your OBs. it is a definite test. 

WilsoInAus
21 minutes ago, Fred Ins said:

<0.91 is not negative, it is suspicious.

negative IgG is a till 0.7, between 0.7 and 0.9 it is suspicious, and higher than 0.9 is a positive. You are right at the edge.

You should give a PCR test from the lesions on your OBs. it is a definite test. 

This is incorrect. <0.91 means exactly that, negative. In most cases it means a complete absence of antibodies.

Up to 1.1 is equivocal. If Focus diagnostics had the chance again, they’d probably set the positive level to something like 3 a The ‘edge’.

Lisa21
Posted (edited)

@Fred Ins <0.91 is NOT my number that’s the scale reading. It’s stating im within the <0.91 range.

@Surprise yes this is very tricky, basically testing now has made me even more wery cause now i have to go back and retest. 

Edited by Lisa21

Fred Ins
3 hours ago, Lisa21 said:

@Fred Ins <0.91 is NOT my number that’s the scale reading. It’s stating im within the <0.91 range.

@Surprise yes this is very tricky, basically testing now has made me even more wery cause now i have to go back and retest. 

Dear Lisa, please provide correct number. Of it is less than 0.7, you dont have a HSV antibodies in your blood. 0.7 - 0.9 is a "suspicion area"

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Fred Ins said:

Dear Lisa, please provide correct number. Of it is less than 0.7, you dont have a HSV antibodies in your blood. 0.7 - 0.9 is a "suspicion area"

It depends on the ranges for the manufacturers test. For Focus Diagnostics Herpeselect for example, 0.7 to 0.9 is not a suspicious area at all, its negative.

Lisa21

@Fred Ins it wasn’t a exact number... it just said <0.91  and the range was 0-0.9 for postive 

0.91-1.1 for equivocal 

1.1- negative 

and yes i understand i boarderline that why im questioning did i test to soon but i have bn dealing with this guy for a year 

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Lisa21 said:

@Fred Ins it wasn’t a exact number... it just said <0.91  and the range was 0-0.9 for postive 

0.91-1.1 for equivocal 

1.1- negative 

and yes i understand i boarderline that why im questioning did i test to soon but i have bn dealing with this guy for a year 

No you aren’t borderline, <0.91 means negative conclusively, the value is probably of the order of 0.2.

This guy may not even have herpes.