World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Tack99
Posted (edited)

June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.

Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)

Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.

Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure

Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  

Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.

Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.

I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).

My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.

I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.

I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.

My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 

Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  

I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.

I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.

I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

Edited by Tack99

blurneworder

Good luck with your journey.

A lot of people on here will tell you it’s not herpes. Some will have your symptoms on here who have herpes. 

Lisa21

Give yourself time, so you won’t test so early and very much well things you e notice can all be in your head .... have you actually seen anything???

Screwed

Well, it really sucks. I didn’t know you can test negative and still have the virus lingering. Well I found out recently and I didn’t have much symptoms but throbbing when urinating, after I found out I was stressed and my defenses where down I loss over 10 pounds in a week and I researched everything I could, I found 10 pass ozone therapy, there’s a slight chance to reverse the virus, at the beginning. You should start drinking structured silver STAT , look up Dr Gordon Pederson on you tube, buy ozone olive oil used with medical grade oxygen. I started seeing a holistic doctor and I have done 4x 10 pass ozone therapy plus the UV light therapy and insufflations and I just bought the longevity generator to start my own insufflation, the only thing I found that’s going to be hard to find is the medical grade oxygen. My doctor did put me on a lot of supplements to regulate my IbS, and heavy metal detox and I had to change my diet. I just got my first beginning of an outbreak which was weird feeling but as soon as I got home I place the cold pressed ozone on the area and it left by the next day. I also take a high doses of olive leaf extract supplements plus 3,000 of vitamins c everyday 

I am really hopeful to have a miracle and to attack this virus till the end. 

Tack99
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Lisa21 said:

Give yourself time, so you won’t test so early and very much well things you e notice can all be in your head .... have you actually seen anything???

@Lisa21

I have not had anything of notice, there was a 28 day period between the time of exposure and the start of Valacyclovir.  The Dr said because I was having "tingling" sensations it may be worth doing as a precautionary measure but I still have occasional tingles and twitches in and around my genitals.

Could I potentially have this thing on my face and genitals or could hsv on the face cause pain in the genitals?

Edited by Tack99

Tack99
21 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

A lot of people on here will tell you it’s not herpes. Some will have your symptoms on here who have herpes. 

@blurneworder thank you for your input... I'm thankful for this website.  I have not been able to come to terms with any of my friends or anyone for that matter that this may be in fact herpes.  I'm having a difficult time emotionally here. 

Lisa21

@Tack99 i have twitching and tingles... i think it’s all in our mines... I’ve pulled and tugged on myself so much from look, i May have very well caused some irritation... wait another 3months before getting tested again... especially if you don’t see anything 

Tack99

@Lisa21 I sure appreciate the advice and input.  I guess the most telling thing here is when I stop taking the medication and the increase in the lip burning happens.  I feel it's the case that herpes is the culprit but I guess I'm being in denial and not seeing the writing on the wall.

I guess I'm just confused as to how I've been taking this medication every day and it doesn't appear to stop anything, whereas others appear to be given a 7 day dosage and then it passes.

Tack99

I guess I'm also more petrified I have this all over my lips, chin, cheeks, nose and possibly my tounge.  

When I got more than a few hours outside the dosing window it feels like this thing grows like the boogie man.  I can even 

Lisa21

Our mines... i be thinking it’s taking over my whole body (I’m not even sure if I have it) waiting to be tested than results then retested is making allll kinds of stuff pop up 

Screwed

Screwed

EasyRider21

Hi, I had many of the same symptoms that you have (shooting pains in leg, burning skin on face and scalp), plus a few blisters in the public area. I finally got the result from my IGG-test yesterday, and it was negative for HSV-2. This summer also had a strange rash around my ankles and my knee. I am now leaning towards all my symptoms being due to shingles. The rash around my ankle and knee looks a lot like the pictures here: http://www.shinglesexpert.org/shingles-leg-pictures/

Most sites tell you that shingles is a single very painful event that usually affects old people. However, if you read enough testimonials, you will find that many people (like me) do not experience sharp pain, and experience chronic symptoms. I am 45 years old. You should consider it as a possibility. Good luck.

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Like who?

You have been asked by multiple people to fucking with other people spreading misinformation and fear.

Make it today man! If you can’t then fuck off.

WilsoInAus

@Tack99 remember that the simplest explanation is almost invariably correct.

Your symptoms are not really herpes related, in nature or duration. 

Your testing confirms this far and will at week 12.

Fred Ins

guys, keep your immune system stronger, the only cure. 

Have less sex. Testosterone impedes the work of thymus and production of the T-lymphocites.

have a good sleep, avoid stress, less alcohol, more healthy life.

I am trying Tilorone these days, it helps for now, Ask your physician about the Tilorone, you can purchase it in Europe. 

blurneworder
7 hours ago, Fred Ins said:

Have less sex. Testosterone impedes the work of thymus and production of the T-lymphocites.. 

No, thanks

RainyDay2

Ive been living like you for over a year now since sleeping with a woman who has HSV2.  I know how you feel, man.  It comes and goes.  But you get used to it.  Some days are tougher than others though.

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, RainyDay2 said:

Ive been living like you for over a year now since sleeping with a woman who has HSV2.  I know how you feel, man.  It comes and goes.  But you get used to it.  Some days are tougher than others though.

But you weren’t infected.

Thisnwas your chance to rise above and help someone not go through what you have done. 

The torment, the darkness, the despair... only to emerge through the other side with the help of others including those on this website negative for the virus.

Tack99
2 hours ago, RainyDay2 said:

@RainyDay2, @WilsoInAusis suggesting you're not infected or yet to be determined infected ?

RainyDay2

Just so you know, I don't respond to Wilso. I test negative on IGG tests like you, but all my issues started directly after having sex with the woman with HSV2.  We had attempted sex once, and the condom broke very early.  By the next day my penis was tingling and over the coming weeks I would have experienced all the symptoms you described, as well as anus itching and burning, lower back pain, and bowel movement changes.  My symptoms seem to come and go in random cycles, but most days my penis never feels normal.  The penis sensations you describe I now feel them almost every day in some form or another.

The first few months were definitely the hardest.  The worst part for me is not being able to be medically diagnosed, and wasting so much time and energy on it.  I was never given antivirals for it, so I live with my symptoms and hope someday my body can return to normal, but I doubt I'll ever be the same I was before my exposure.  

Sex and masturbation seems to make the penis pains/burning worse in the aftermath.  So that can also be depressing.  Plus, I have no clue how contagious I am, considering I never test positive on IGG tests and I don't get lesions on my penis, but I'm sure the virus must be shedding if I still am getting all these symptoms after a year.  If it isn't herpes, like you said, what else could cause burning in the mouth and penis and anus and cause my nerves to go haywire like this? Especially when I know it all started directly after being exposed to someone who has swab confirmed HSV2

WilsoInAus

@RainyDay2 none of those symptoms relate to herpes. What makes you feel they might be?

What does your doctor think this might be? It will be great to find out what is causing these issues to help others potentially shortcut to an answer; it’s the real power of support on this wonderful website. 

Tack99

I agree with you and pick up on your frustration as well @RainyDay2

I cannot imagine what it would be like not taking antivirals.. honestly my face has been tingling all day and I cannot help but hope that maybe this is something else (not so permanent).  However, it seems a lot of people share these symptoms and given the circumstances, timing of them all you know the saying, "if the shoe fits".

I'm still having Penis tingling and things going on all day with my genitals, legs and face today.  I took my antiviral this morning.  Am I missing something here?  @WilsoInAus - Is this where you say "it's because you don't have herpes"?  

Muscha
43 minutes ago, Tack99 said:

I agree with you and pick up on your frustration as well @RainyDay2

I cannot imagine what it would be like not taking antivirals.. honestly my face has been tingling all day and I cannot help but hope that maybe this is something else (not so permanent).  However, it seems a lot of people share these symptoms and given the circumstances, timing of them all you know the saying, "if the shoe fits".

I'm still having Penis tingling and things going on all day with my genitals, legs and face today.  I took my antiviral this morning.  Am I missing something here?  @WilsoInAus - Is this where you say "it's because you don't have herpes"?  

Hi Tack.  If it makes you feel any better I'll say "it's because you dont have herpes" 

I'm reasonably new to this forum but I have seen several who have been told by their Drs there is nothing wrong with them   Then they test again and again only to find out there still is nothing wrong....yet they cant accept that fact.  It's called hypochondria.  Or as my favorite internet Dr, Dr H. Hunter Handsfield calls it ' Genitally focused anxiety" it will work wonders on you and send you for a loop.  Your test at the 7 or 8 week mark is probably 70 to 80 percent accurate.  I cant site exact specifics but Wilso can verify that.  Dr. HHH states that symptoms in the absence of lesions are not suggestive of herpes. His credential are stellar and he has over 40 years in this field.  Look up the MedHelp forums.  It helped me during my scare.  There are some here who claim their symptoms "have to be from hsv" because nothing else makes sense.  Misinformation and an inability to believe science is all they have to offer.   So, you can look elsewhere for whatever ills you.  Rest assured...Wilso will probably say you dont have herpes...and he will be correct.  Once you accept this truth, many of your symptoms will go away.