Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lisa21

Unsure

Recommended Posts

Lisa21

How long does the virus take to show up in your system??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
50 minutes ago, Lisa21 said:

How long does the virus take to show up in your system??

It takes 3-12 weeks for people to test positive for IgG antibodies for HSV. The median is 4 weeks.

This is why a 12 week test is conclusive as to your status for a negative, but many, many persons infected test positive somewhat sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisa21

@WilsoInAus or maybe i should consider myself blessed and run... but i am gonna retest later to make sure my numbers was went up and i seen his numbers. They where high 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, Lisa21 said:

@WilsoInAus or maybe i should consider myself blessed and run... but i am gonna retest later to make sure my numbers was went up and i seen his numbers. They where high 

Yes retest at 12 weeks after the last episode and then the results are conclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisa21

12 weeks is a long time to have something on your mind... i have my regular check up next month I’ll retest then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T9000
10 hours ago, Lisa21 said:

12 weeks is a long time to have something on your mind... i have my regular check up next month I’ll retest then 

Actually having herpes is a much, much worse thing to have on your mind, and it never ends. Consider yourself lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, T9000 said:

Actually having herpes is a much, much worse thing to have on your mind, and it never ends. Consider yourself lucky.

But you’re in control of your mind, it isn’t luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DrumLoop8

Sorry to hijack Lisa. But I had a question to anyone who might know.

I had a IGG blood test done at 6-7 weeks and it turned out negative. Am I almost in the clear? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisa21

If you don’t have any symptoms just wait till your 12 week mark ... you don’t wanna keep goin back getting tested. This is already shameful enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surprise
On 8/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, DrumLoop8 said:

It was 7 weeks ago

No at 7 weeks I believe only 80 Percent of people seroconvert. I know the mental anguish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
54 minutes ago, Surprise said:

No at 7 weeks I believe only 80 Percent of people seroconvert. I know the mental anguish

Only 80%? Wouldn’t you love to get that on a math test? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
35 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Only 80%? Wouldn’t you love to get that on a math test? 

No, I would be disappointed with an 80 in math since I was an "A" student

Differential equations were especially fun

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surprise
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

Only 80%? Wouldn’t you love to get that on a math test? 

I would take the 80 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
23 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

No, I would be disappointed with an 80 in math since I was an "A" student

Differential equations were especially fun

:)

I’d be no where without Lagrange, use it most days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DrumLoop8

Yeah I think I can feel confident at 7 weeks that I might not have it since it’s 80%. 

I went to see my urologist yesterday and he thinks the burning and inflamed urethra & slightly painful ejaculation I have been having for 6 weeks is a mild prostitis and gave me antibiotics. Hopefully it’s just that! 

im going to retest regardless at 12 weeks for peace of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

Don’t forget that IGG test is 92% sensitive for hsv2 and 70% for hsv1 compare to WB and again WB is not 100% sensitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
33 minutes ago, Stolo868 said:

Don’t forget that IGG test is 92% sensitive for hsv2 and 70% for hsv1 compare to WB and again WB is not 100% sensitive. 

The WB is over 99% sensitive.

Those figures do not apply to recent infections.

These figures only apply to certain segments of the community.

Consider studies where it shows that for many countries incidence for ages over 60 is between 70-90%. Hence they can’t be missing 30%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

For HSV 1 it’s 95-96%. Don’t play smarter then you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
15 minutes ago, Stolo868 said:

For HSV 1 it’s 95-96%. Don’t play smarter then you are. 

Can you link to your source for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868
Posted (edited)

This is response from Mrs. Warren which I got via email.  “The sensitivity of the WB for HSV 1 is 96%” 

I presume that she is better expert and she has much better knowledge then you. 

Can you do me a favor and stop mislead people?

 

 

Edited by Stolo868

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
6 hours ago, Stolo868 said:

This is response from Mrs. Warren which I got via email.  “The sensitivity of the WB for HSV 1 is 96%” 

I presume that she is better expert and she has much better knowledge then you. 

Can you do me a favor and stop mislead people?

 

 

An email?? That’s not independently verifiable is it?

Where is the independent source?

Wherr does the 95% come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868
Posted (edited)

If a one of the most known specialist in the US for hsv writes me that I believe her and I believe that she took this from studies. The difference  between Mrs Warren and you is that she is HSV specialist and  you are just a troll who is hiding behind the screen and attacks everybody. I guess you treat your complexes this way.   

 

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/everything-is-negative-but-concerned/

Edited by Stolo868

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
23 minutes ago, Stolo868 said:

If a one of the most known specialist in the US for hsv writes me that I believe her and I believe that she took this from studies. The difference  between Mrs Warren and you is that she is HSV specialist and  you are just a troll who is hiding behind the screen and attacks everybody. I guess you treat your complexes this way.   

 

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/everything-is-negative-but-concerned/

Yes OK I’ll accept 96% for HSV-1 although I do not know where it comes from, Ive only seen higher figures referred to which would make sense since most studies involve recent infections.

I note that this includes seroreversion and does not apply to recent infections which is what the OP is concerned about.

Terri also states that sensitivity of WB for HSV-2 is 99.9% also the concern.

Further, these are figures for people who have swabbed positive. The sensitivity of a negative blood test, IgG,  for a person who suspects herpes but swabs negative or cannot get a swab is 95-100%. It is 99-100% for WB.

You are only frustrated as you cannot process your own negative results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,309
    • Total Posts
      475,370
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

  • Posts

    • alextheman
      You have to lower your stress.Stress is a big key.Me im trying to sleep more and lower my stress.Im trying to not worry about having herpes.I have it,and there is nothing i can do,So why stress myself about it?Im taking medicine to help suppress it.For me stress and sleep are my biggest factors.
    • nakedandafraid
      How long after you had sex with this woman did you exhibit symptoms? What makes you think she has herpes?
    • hobson
      Hi she got the cold sore a couple days ago after oral . Always use a condom. She isn’t got herpes as far as I’m aware but she got a cold after she performed oral on me . She sent me a pic of the cold sores.  I don’t know why they didn’t do blood tests. I have read a PCR test is accurate. I don’t know how to get closure from this. 
    • nakedandafraid
      Im no admin, but ive seen many folks share photos looking for info. I think its ok.  If I may ask, how long after having sex with this woman did the symptoms appear?  Ive heard that pc swabs are pretty accurate.. Did this woman tell you she has herpes, or did you hear it through a third party?  I dont see why they wouldnt give you the iGg / iGm blood test. If im not mistaken, you can order one yourself and go to a local Quest/Labcorp (depending on where you live)  i assume the cold sores are on her mouth? Did you see them, or did she tell you about them?   
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @K1009 that all sounds a typical experience of transmission between partners. Please take heart, after the first few months, many people experience extremely few outbreaks of any with gHSV-1. Also you cannot feasibly give this back to your partner, you are now concordant sexually in terms of HSV and your immune systems will protect you from further infection.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.