World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Scooby2112
      Not a lot to go on.  UTI symptoms are mostly during the initial outbreak.  Not during recurrences.     therefore it doesn’t sound like herpes since it is only UTI symptoms.      
    • Scooby2112
      I assume you gave oral sex to whomever back 20 days ago?   hsv2 is very unlikely to infect the oral cavity and if so, unlikely to show symptoms.     also transmitting to thick skin like face skin is harder than the lips/ mucous membranes.     I don’t believe this looks like herpes.  They look filled with pus like a pimple /ingrown hair.  
    • JeffBridges
      Hi, After getting tested for hsv2, my results were “indeterminate” and I was negative for all other diseases. I had protected sex ~20 days ago. Just a few days ago, these bumps appeared on my chin and over the course of 2 days have disappeared. Are these herpes? thank you in advance
    • lennyblastoff
      Im glad you commented not about the same old song though. We'll see how far they go with the research Dr. Deepak Shukla and his team have been studying bx795 for the last 2-3 years dropping a study every year or so since 2018. This is only they're second one on hsv2 I believe. Also Im sure it wouldn't be impossible for those that have hsv to crowdfound and have research done for us to answer some question kinda like all these breast cancer  or how we've done for fred hutch who asked 50,000 initially and then 100k to test an actual vaccine not an already somewhat of a common compound.
    • Just a human being
      I’ve never been able to fully accept such logic although I believe there is an element to it and absolutely there are financial drivers at play. Not when you’ve witnessed the psychology on the ground to my thinking anyhow... I get the expression of your dichotomy... I was watching a clip awhile back about a naturopath fighting a massive ban on natural supplements by the FDA. He stated from his communications the FDA simply seemed to trust Pharmaceutical companies more. Many of them would have HSV...  I had a great visual analogy on it posted here. Unfortunately it got censored. Possibly as it was in the cure section and it insulted the allopathic kiddies, which wasn’t my intention, possibly maybe due to the thoughtstream in the majority of society that most treatment options should come from the pharmacological approach...so might try my luck on a re-post of it in my grassroots section.  That said I don’t have the rest of my life to study it... too busy... And I am meant to be taking a break from this forum...
Sign in to follow this  
RNY18

Herpes Vaccines : Various Clinical Studies Info

RNY18

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/herpes-vaccine-candidates-remain-various-clinical-studies-2019?s=en&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=pv-consumer-general&utm_medium=email&utm_content=[ _currentdayname]

"...there is an absence of a preventive and therapeutic herpes vaccine in the market today. 

‘However, few clinical studies have shown promising results for the prevention and treatment of herpes viruses. Therefore, a robust pipeline is expected to propel global herpes simplex virus (HSV) vaccines market growth over the forecast period,’ said Business Intelligence in a press release on August 12, 2019...."

MikeHerp

Yep, I expect stuff to start ramping up in the coming year or two.  

Misterx

Man I hope even some sort of functional cure comes along.. soon eventually. I'm so sick.. with this virus.. literally getting nausea lethargy etc.. so sick and horrible other than the ob itself.. 

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, Misterx said:

Man I hope even some sort of functional cure comes along.. soon eventually. I'm so sick.. with this virus.. literally getting nausea lethargy etc.. so sick and horrible other than the ob itself.. 

Thus doesn’t seem viral related.

What have you tested for?

RSL888
On 8/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, Misterx said:

I was sick and nauseous for almost 30 days after I saw my first OB. I lost weight. I slept a solid 10 hours a day for a month (rare for me).  Told my work I would only work half days for a month, they didn't ask why (they're not supposed to ask) but it was cool.

Misterx
On 8/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, RSL888 said:

I was sick and nauseous for almost 30 days after I saw my first OB. I lost weight. I slept a solid 10 hours a day for a month (rare for me).  Told my work I would only work half days for a month, they didn't ask why (they're not supposed to ask) but it was cool.

I'm ok since started on suppressive therapy.. but still not the same as before.. I don't think I will ever be the same. I'll be alright. I just wish the gene therapy will shed some light in the near future.. or at least functional cure with a vaccine. I know some people won't believe me its herpes.. I've had it for 6 months sure it's better but I don't feel normal at all.

floydmonk

Wilso,

Give it a rest my friend. I don't think any of the accusations will be helpful. I hope I'm not still saying this one year from today, but I probably will. *sigh*

Great job to everyone on all the fundraising for Fred Hutch! I was just reading into that, we hit goal and are moving on to 50k at Fred Hutch!

In the case of Excision Bio's recent HIV breakthrough on July 2, 2019 they found that neither the antiviral drugs or the gene-editing by themselves was successful in eradicating the virus, but when using the two in combination together they had a 30% success rate at eliminating HIV in small animals.

I expect a similar "push and pull" technique will be necessary with HSV. The progress Jerome has already made is even more promising, and I'm excitedly waiting to see if anyone tries to pick up Cas3 for this purpose.

Marebear

@Lola16

I'm not choosing anyone's side In particular in this matter, but you wrote something about why @Muscha is even here if he doesn't have herpes himself or something to that effect. 

He says he wants to help and support people going through this, he did help me and I'm super grateful he reached out to me when he did. 

I had shit going on and ended up at the Dr, they told me what they were testing for and my heart sank. Few days later I got my results, with the news I was expecting but not hoping to hear. And I was actually on the phone with him when I did. I felt like I had no one else to talk to at the time. He just listened to me cry my eyeballs out basically. But I'm glad he was there, I needed someone. He chatted with me prior to me getting my results, tried to help take my mind off of it so i didn't go stir crazy while waiting. 

So I just wanted to put that out there, that even though someone may not have the same thing as you or me doesn't mean they can't necessarily be helpful or supportive. They may not fully understand what we go through during an outbreak, just like I don't understand what my friend goes through that had breast cancer, but I'm still there for her. 

I'm not trying to start trouble or anything like that at all. I hope no one takes offense. Thanks. 

Lola16
3 hours ago, Marebear said:

@Lola16

I'm not choosing anyone's side In particular in this matter, but you wrote something about why @Muscha is even here if he doesn't have herpes himself or something to that effect. 

He says he wants to help and support people going through this, he did help me and I'm super grateful he reached out to me when he did. 

I had shit going on and ended up at the Dr, they told me what they were testing for and my heart sank. Few days later I got my results, with the news I was expecting but not hoping to hear. And I was actually on the phone with him when I did. I felt like I had no one else to talk to at the time. He just listened to me cry my eyeballs out basically. But I'm glad he was there, I needed someone. He chatted with me prior to me getting my results, tried to help take my mind off of it so i didn't go stir crazy while waiting. 

So I just wanted to put that out there, that even though someone may not have the same thing as you or me doesn't mean they can't necessarily be helpful or supportive. They may not fully understand what we go through during an outbreak, just like I don't understand what my friend goes through that had breast cancer, but I'm still there for her. 

I'm not trying to start trouble or anything like that at all. I hope no one takes offense. Thanks. 

Hi @Marebear, absolutely no offence taken. 

I remember getting into the car after my diagnosis and screaming so loudly it hurt. I  was close to ending it all.

Im so glad Muscha was able to give you some solace. Im glad that Muscha mentioned they are here to support others even though they don’t have it themselves. That is selfless and I think it’s great. I just don’t agree with the unnecessary banter.

Anyway, I’ve said how I feel and just want to leave it there.

All the best to you @Marebear and everyone else who is trying to navigate this what ever you want to refer it to as!!! 

As I said before no offence taken at all. 

Muscha
On 11/14/2019 at 11:11 PM, Marebear said:

@Lola16

Thanks Marebear