World's Largest Herpes Support Group
RNY18

Herpes Vaccines : Various Clinical Studies Info

RNY18

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/herpes-vaccine-candidates-remain-various-clinical-studies-2019?s=en&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=pv-consumer-general&utm_medium=email&utm_content=[ _currentdayname]

"...there is an absence of a preventive and therapeutic herpes vaccine in the market today. 

‘However, few clinical studies have shown promising results for the prevention and treatment of herpes viruses. Therefore, a robust pipeline is expected to propel global herpes simplex virus (HSV) vaccines market growth over the forecast period,’ said Business Intelligence in a press release on August 12, 2019...."

MikeHerp

Yep, I expect stuff to start ramping up in the coming year or two.  

Misterx

Man I hope even some sort of functional cure comes along.. soon eventually. I'm so sick.. with this virus.. literally getting nausea lethargy etc.. so sick and horrible other than the ob itself.. 

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, Misterx said:

Man I hope even some sort of functional cure comes along.. soon eventually. I'm so sick.. with this virus.. literally getting nausea lethargy etc.. so sick and horrible other than the ob itself.. 

Thus doesn’t seem viral related.

What have you tested for?

RSL888
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Misterx said:

I was sick and nauseous for almost 30 days after I saw my first OB. I lost weight. I slept a solid 10 hours a day for a month (rare for me).  Told my work I would only work half days for a month, they didn't ask why (they're not supposed to ask) but it was cool. 

But @WilsoInAus is your man here to help. cheers and best of luck

Edited by RSL888

Misterx
4 hours ago, RSL888 said:

I was sick and nauseous for almost 30 days after I saw my first OB. I lost weight. I slept a solid 10 hours a day for a month (rare for me).  Told my work I would only work half days for a month, they didn't ask why (they're not supposed to ask) but it was cool. 

But @WilsoInAus is your man here to help. cheers and best of luck

I'm ok since started on suppressive therapy.. but still not the same as before.. I don't think I will ever be the same. I'll be alright. I just wish the gene therapy will shed some light in the near future.. or at least functional cure with a vaccine. I know some people won't believe me its herpes.. I've had it for 6 months sure it's better but I don't feel normal at all.

jmherped
On 8/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Thus doesn’t seem viral related.

What have you tested for?

shut up asshole.  Go away and stop attacking and discrediting people.  What exactly is your problem?  This person shares my symptoms.  I have diagnosed with hsv-2.  What is wrong with you fucking idiot?  Wilson is the only person on this forum that doesn't have hsv.  Get a life. 

jmherped
On 8/28/2019 at 7:28 AM, Misterx said:

I'm ok since started on suppressive therapy.. but still not the same as before.. I don't think I will ever be the same. I'll be alright. I just wish the gene therapy will shed some light in the near future.. or at least functional cure with a vaccine. I know some people won't believe me its herpes.. I've had it for 6 months sure it's better but I don't feel normal at all.

I suffer all of the above.  It's a horrible disease for some of us.  Stay strong. 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, jmherped said:

shut up asshole.  Go away and stop attacking and discrediting people.  What exactly is your problem?  This person shares my symptoms.  I have diagnosed with hsv-2.  What is wrong with you fucking idiot?  Wilson is the only person on this forum that doesn't have hsv.  Get a life. 

Easy, you do not test positive. I actually do but what does it matter?

Oh my gggaaaawwwwdddd!

Misterx
6 hours ago, jmherped said:

I suffer all of the above.  It's a horrible disease for some of us.  Stay strong. 

I'm trying my best to ignore Wilson. How long have you had it for? Even with the suppressive therapy it's there... just bit milder. Do they ever go away?

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Misterx said:

I'm trying my best to ignore Wilson. How long have you had it for? Even with the suppressive therapy it's there... just bit milder. Do they ever go away?

You can ignore people, but the truth won’t ignore you. Listen to the negative tests, what do they whisper to you daily?

Misterx
12 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

You can ignore people, but the truth won’t ignore you. Listen to the negative tests, what do they whisper to you daily?

Truth is.. you're an idiot and quite possibly mentally ill person, after reading many of your posts. I have been experiencing these atypical symptoms ever since the exposure and positive pcr tests. I won't explain this to you again.

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Misterx said:

Truth is.. you're an idiot and quite possibly mentally ill person, after reading many of your posts. I have been experiencing these atypical symptoms ever since the exposure and positive pcr tests. I won't explain this to you again.

My posts are designed to be a mirror, you only see yourself in them. Someone truly with HSV-2 and comfortable and secure would not see what you are in my posts.

You are uncomfortable and insecure in all your posts. They are clearly full of half the story.

Only you are accountable to yourself. Ask yourself the tough questions.

iFdUp
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

My posts are designed to be a mirror, you only see yourself in them. Someone truly with HSV-2 and comfortable and secure would not see what you are in my posts.

You are uncomfortable and insecure in all your posts. They are clearly full of half the story.

Only you are accountable to yourself. Ask yourself the tough questions.

Will you ever stop harassing people... ? 

11 639 posts and you don't even have Herpes, why would you choose to pursue arguing with downtrodden people in such a specific place? 

We all have enough grief in our lives. 

Misterx

Someone with hsv2 and comfortable.. I would not be here posting if I was ever comfortable having hsv2.. what a nutter. I would suggest you find better things to do in your life for your sake and others.

WilsoInAus
31 minutes ago, iFdUp said:

Will you ever stop harassing people... ? 

11 639 posts and you don't even have Herpes, why would you choose to pursue arguing with downtrodden people in such a specific place? 

We all have enough grief in our lives. 

But that’s the point. Herpes is not grief, to have herpes is not to be downtrodden.

My messages are of hope and uplift. Herpes is not a punishment, nor is it a fashion accessory.

WilsoInAus
17 minutes ago, Misterx said:

Someone with hsv2 and comfortable.. I would not be here posting if I was ever comfortable having hsv2.. what a nutter. I would suggest you find better things to do in your life for your sake and others.

We are posting for your sake and your life. You bring misery, despair and negativity. Leave those behind.

Your IgG test is negative?

blurneworder
48 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

But that’s the point. Herpes is not grief, to have herpes is not to be downtrodden.

My messages are of hope and uplift. Herpes is not a punishment, nor is it a fashion accessory.

But you don't even have herpes! 

iFdUp
2 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Exactly, how could he even know what it is like.

WilsoInAus
26 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

I have the worse type in the worst location.

But you don’t need herpes to be a supportive person. You just need to care and come from a place of love.

floydmonk

Wilso,

Give it a rest my friend. I don't think any of the accusations will be helpful. I hope I'm not still saying this one year from today, but I probably will. *sigh*

Great job to everyone on all the fundraising for Fred Hutch! I was just reading into that, we hit goal and are moving on to 50k at Fred Hutch!

In the case of Excision Bio's recent HIV breakthrough on July 2, 2019 they found that neither the antiviral drugs or the gene-editing by themselves was successful in eradicating the virus, but when using the two in combination together they had a 30% success rate at eliminating HIV in small animals.

I expect a similar "push and pull" technique will be necessary with HSV. The progress Jerome has already made is even more promising, and I'm excitedly waiting to see if anyone tries to pick up Cas3 for this purpose.

WilsoInAus

@floydmonk don’t give up on people, you can clearly see the poster is suffering under the impression that HSV-2 is causing all manner of symptoms that you know are not related.

It is your choice to do nothing, but why be critical of someone who does something that just may make a life better?

Why do you feel the need to comment at all and worry about whatever we might be posting in a year’s time?

floydmonk

A virus can bring your whole body down. In many cases, such as mine, I think my herpes symptoms didn't really show until another major health issue triggered it. I don't know the exact sequence of events, but I know that in the wake of an initial infection all sorts of fatigue, body aches, cold chills, sweats, and illness can occur. I was pretty much bed-ridden for two weeks myself, didn't feel like working for a month (although I had to) and was seriously messed up in the head mentally for at least six months following the episode.

I would not be so quick to discount anecdotal evidence, even in the absence of a positive test. Although getting a blood test shouldn't be too hard, it isn't entirely reliable either. If someone has been prescribed medication, has been taking it and it helped then I would assume that regardless of the presence of a positive test that they should be cautious and assume they do have it.

It would seem to me since this is a Herpes Support site, it is far more likely that you would be encountering people who actually do have herpes versus ones who do not, so I don't see the need in vetting everyone over it. For some it's like re-living a coming out moment, or having to go through it in a way that is rarely structured in a positive way, given how these discussions tend to go.

Edited by floydmonk