World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
InNeedOfAnswers

White Tongue 3 Months, Any ideas?

InNeedOfAnswers

Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times now and am now 5 months post exposure and experiencing lots of symptoms. However, the main one which is stopping me getting on with my life atm is a consistent white tongue with bad odour (see picture on link below)

Forgetting all my other symptom for now, has anyone got any advice on treatment for this? 

https://ibb.co/LSS36PG

Tulip79

I have just went through this the last couple of weeks.  I wear a night guard and breathe through my mouth.  I brushed my tongue and gargle with hydrogen peroxide and it almost gone.

InNeedOfAnswers

@Tulip79 ok thank you for your reply, does it reoccur for you frequently? Or once you clear the issue does it go for a while? 

Tulip79

It has only happened to me once that I know of.  I am wearing a new night guard, and I think breathing through my mouth is causing a bacteria build up.  It did concern me at first, as it was all over the top of my tongue and very rough, causing a sore throat.  The peroxide seems to help.

Muscha
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Dealing with this, too

What dont you deal with?  You have quite an impressive list of symptoms. I think you will probably win a Nobel prize for finding new, undiscovered deathly diseases.  You rock Dude!

Edited by Muscha

Muscha

Stay away from Blurnie for starters. He is certifiable.

White tongue is not suggestive of Herpes.  Try brushing your tongue and gargling.  Everyone gets that from time to time.

If really bothers you, check with your Dr.  He may have a recommended treatment or some type of antibiotic.  Otherwise.  You are ok.

InNeedOfAnswers

@Muscha yeah it doesn’t go away I’ve tried mouthwash.

My doctor gave me anti fungal drops and they only worked temporarily before the white coating reappeared 👎🏽 I’m no doctor but I feel as this is due to damage to my immune system? I have no idea though am just here for guidance 

Muscha

I wish you luck as you work through.  It could be alot of things.   I'm not convinced hsv.

CookieSC
Posted (edited)

Sounds like you have oral thrush which is caused by candida albicans.  It's a fungus, a pathogenic strain of yeast.  Your doctor gave you anti fungal drops, so that's probably what he or she is thinking you have.  If you are prescribed the antifungal medication, make sure to take it for the entire course prescribed by your doctor. If the drops you're taking aren't killing it entirely and it comes back, you may need a stronger fungicide, perhaps one that works systemically.  Go back to your doctor.

It's possible that you are re-infecting yourself. It's important to disinfect any dental appliances you can remove from your mouth.  Also, get a new toothbrush. 

People who have weakened immune systems are susceptible to it.  So, do whatever you can to bolster your immune system with rest and diet and cutting out behaviors that compromise it.  Yeast typically feeds on sugar, so I'd avoid it for at least the entire course of treatment.

Edited by CookieSC
typo

InNeedOfAnswers

@CookieSC thank you that is the most insightful advice I’ve had so far!

I’ve been taking the drops for 7 days which was the prescribed duration and I’ve seen improvement but the fact it’s reoccurring is bothering me. I’m going to go back to the doctor tomorrow. 

Thank you again 🙏🏼 

CookieSC
8 minutes ago, InNeedOfAnswers said:

@CookieSC thank you that is the most insightful advice I’ve had so far!

I’ve been taking the drops for 7 days which was the prescribed duration and I’ve seen improvement but the fact it’s reoccurring is bothering me. I’m going to go back to the doctor tomorrow. 

Thank you again 🙏🏼 

You're welcome 😊.  I'm glad you are following up with your doctor tomorrow.  I hope you get relief from it!  

Screwed

Look up Dr Axe on his website for candida cleanse