World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
NixxieSaysYouSuck

hi.. im new...

NixxieSaysYouSuck

hi everyone. im nikkie. im 17 years old and i was just recently diagnosed with genital and cold sore herpes...::sigh::... i never thought it would happen to me and the worst thing is.. i dont know how long ive had it or who i got it from. over the course of my short life i have made many mistakes... i had a horrible childhood.. my mom was and still is addicted to crack and we never had a sufficient food supply or adequate necessities.

i ended up turning to cocaine when i was 15 and got all caught up with my 21 yr old boyfriend at the time.. who was taking care of me..kind of. i guess i was watching my mother go so far down hill that i needed to escape by getting caught up in a horrible world of my own... ive had 18 sexual partners in my lifetime. i know that sounds bad... but i never did hook up with anyone completely random which doesnt make it any better but i mean at least i knew the people i slept with... anywho... my current boyfriend and i have been dating a month and we both recall him having a cold sore at the beginning of our relationship... he thinks he gave it to me... but were not sure.

i got test results from my doctor and am currently taking medicine. my boyfriend, however, hasnt went to the doctor because he doesnt have insurance...

i have never had a breakout.. no cold sore or anything.. and im hoping ill never have to experience one, although im sure i will. i have come to terms and accepted that it is something i will be infected with for the rest of my life. this was caused by my own bad choices and decisions and i fully accept it. i would just like to talk about it with other people who know waht i am and will be going through.

if u read all of this, thank you.

sincerely...nikkie.

helied2me

Welcome Nikkie,

I'm sorry you have had it so rough and that you now have to deal with this virus at such a young age. You've had to grow up fast and it has obviously made you a survivor. You will find a lot of support here from some very knowledgable people. It's just a little slow right now with the holidays but hang in there girl.

MsLucy

Well, Nikki, we all make bad choices, so don't beat yourself up over the past. Our environment plays a huge roll in how we perceive the world, and it sounds like you got off to a rough start. But it seems you're headed in the right direction now. You're accepting responsibility, and looking at this situation quite maturely for your young age, which is admirable.

If you stick around here long enough, you'll meet others like yourself, who have had to overcome huge obstacles in order to pull their lives back together. Herpes is just one more obstacle thrown into the mix. True, it's for life, but in most cases, it can be managed and controlled to a large extent.

I have a feeling you're going to be just fine. And if you need to talk, or have questions, we're always around. Welcome to the group.

NixxieSaysYouSuck

thank you very much. youre considerate words inspire me. im glad i found this forum. :D

alwaysalone

welcome to the boards. though it is a horrible reason we are all here there are many great people here to offer amazing support. feel free to ask any questions you might have.