World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Aubrey77
      Thank you 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Aubrey77 these symptoms are not something that oral HSV-1 can cause. In the end herpes would do what it does best and this is cause a sore somewhere on the lips . It might tingle a little as it forms, be inconvenient as it blisters and then crust as it heals and all look a little unsightly. But that’s herpes.    No reason to disbelieve your doctors thoughts on your issues.
    • Aubrey77
      Any feed back is welcome. I get these small bumps inside my right cheek. They do not hurt or burst. They just come and go. I showed them to doctors and the say they come up with stress and foods. Problem is I have pain and muscle spasms down right arm and in legs. Are these all ongoing issues for getting virus? I am not sure was going on with my body anymore 
    • Runner278
      Update: met with PCP Friday to get a referral to neurologist. During the discussion he discussed my low white blood cell count from a test I took in February. My count is/was 3.61. I asked him if that could be contributing to slow development of antibodies. He didn’t really react to it much. With that said, I did take another IGG test Friday which came back negative. I’m at week 12 post suppressive therapy and week 14 total without taking AVs. I emailed Terri Warren to see if she feels I need to wait longer to take the western blot to allow my WBC to increase and/or allow antibodies to develop. I want to use the WB as the final step in my testing journey and I don’t want to have to question the results.    Anyone have any experience or knowledge of someone with low/lower WBC and how long it took them to seroconvert?
    • asdfz
      Does anyone know what the side effects of pritelivir are?  Has anyone on this site actually tried it? 
Sign in to follow this  
clarke53

inflamed balls

clarke53

ok so ive been to 4 diffirent doctors my dr  so he checked me out said nothing to worry about told me to use cortizone cream didn't

help so he gave me triamcinolone acetonide cream didn't

work so i went to my urologist he said it was fungal infection so i ask could it be herpes he said no looks nothing like herpes so he gave me clotrimazole cream i did have a rash on my groin it helped the rash so my balls are still red and it mostly bothers me when im sitting down at work i don't even notice it so i went to walk in and samething fungal infection so next went to dermatologist seen the assistant she said same thing doesn't look like herpes or sti put me on doxycycline and a cream my insurance would pay for so getting a diffirent cream the were out so ill get it tomorrow nothing is helping so im worried that it still could be herpes i have oral herpes and i use h balm which works great so i used it on my balls so i burned like crazy and irritated it evern more anybody ever had this problem?

Edited by clarke53
misspelled

WilsoInAus

@clarke53 sorry to say that you have yourself a bad case of ‘red sac’. It usually is a fungal problem, keep on it with the creams.

Your scrotum, not that I need to tell you ;) is a thick saggy bag of skin with very few sensory nerves. In herpes terms, that’s very significant. As herpes is likely to generate skin symptoms where there are more sensory nerves at sites with sensitive and thinner skin layers, it isn’t feasible to solely have skin symptoms from herpes solely on the scrotum. 

Voyager2

Years ago, but some time after I contracted HSV-2, mine suddenly turned a strange color between orange and red, not too long after an outbreak. I assumed it was herpes again. I think it also itched, but was not too terribly painful so I didn't go to a doctor. I recall finding someone on the phone who recommended "Gold Bond Medicated Powder." I applied it and it did feel better (a cooling feeling). It gradually went away a week or so later and never returned, and I almost forgot about it until I saw this thread. Wilso's comment sounds about right. I can't prove Gold Bond cured whatever it was, but it definitely made it feel better.

clarke53

ok so ive been doing research on inflamed balls and orchitis can cause inflamed ball it can be from sti so i googled can herpes cause orchitis and the answer is yes so because nothing ive tryed as fixed the problem im afraid that thats the problem any thoughts?

WilsoInAus
27 minutes ago, clarke53 said:

ok so ive been doing research on inflamed balls and orchitis can cause inflamed ball it can be from sti so i googled can herpes cause orchitis and the answer is yes so because nothing ive tryed as fixed the problem im afraid that thats the problem any thoughts?

No herpes cannot cause orchitis, mumps is is the only known viral cause.

clarke53

i did read that mumps caused it so i gppgled and it said yes herpes can i hope you are right still fighting this sence july 8th

WilsoInAus
29 minutes ago, clarke53 said:

i did read that mumps caused it so i gppgled and it said yes herpes can i hope you are right still fighting this sence july 8th

No there is no medical evidence that HSV causes orchitis. Remember it is now over 60% of internet material is now wrong.

Morty123

if its herpes related you can use antidepressant like amitriptilin, hsv may stress your nerves, its not damaged just sensitized, this is what my doctors. 

theuniversesucks
On 8/15/2019 at 11:10 PM, WilsoInAus said:

@clarke53 sorry to say that you have yourself a bad case of ‘red sac’. It usually is a fungal problem, keep on it with the creams.

Your scrotum, not that I need to tell you ;) is a thick saggy bag of skin with very few sensory nerves. In herpes terms, that’s very significant. As herpes is likely to generate skin symptoms where there are more sensory nerves at sites with sensitive and thinner skin layers, it isn’t feasible to solely have skin symptoms from herpes solely on the scrotum. 

This has to be the most ridiculous statement I have seen here , you have no idea , where do you get off giving advice with such bold statements . I had multiple huge coldsores on my scrotum only regularly for many years , painful large coldsores . Where do you get yours ???

WilsoInAus
13 minutes ago, theuniversesucks said:

This has to be the most ridiculous statement I have seen here , you have no idea , where do you get off giving advice with such bold statements . I had multiple huge coldsores on my scrotum only regularly for many years , painful large coldsores . Where do you get yours ???

But you’ve never actually had them swabbed.

I’m simply repeating what experts observe in thousands of people with herpes.