World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
MissPostiveMindset

38.6 weeks prodrome symptoms

MissPostiveMindset

I contracted it before this pregnancy and haven’t had a viable outbreak in months. I know the risks and have been taking my genetic valtrex everyday! I even double up and take two in the morning and two at night. I don’t have any visible symptoms just tingling and itching random times throughout the day. I try to tell myself maybe I’m imagining this. But I feel something. I am aware of prodrome symptoms. I just want to know why is this happening if I’m taking the medicine. I’m so upset and nervous. I want to have a natural birth but don’t want to ignore anything. I would definitely have a c-section to protect my baby. I know doctors automatically give you a c-section when you have viable lesions. When I told my doctor I have itching tingling feeling throughout the day she said I shouldn’t worry about it. She checked me and didn’t notice any active lesions recently. Why am I tingling and itching so close to labor. I’m worried about this all day! Last week I had the doctor do a swab and they didn’t call me back so I’m assuming it came back negative. I go again Wednesday and I’m just tired of bringing up herpes every time I have a prenatal visit but this is scary. I’m trying to have a positive mindset. Should I even be worried?

C2018

Hi I’m not help here since I contracted it after my pregnancy but I just want to say I’ll keep you and your baby in my prayers that you don’t have any outbreaks towards labor and you can have a safe natural delivery. I’m terrified to ever have another baby again I think I would be very worried just as you are. Best wishes. 

MikeHerp

If you contracted it before the pregnancy, your baby will probably be fine.  It has some of your antibodies already.  The dangerous situation is if you get it in your last trimester.  

Unfortunately, Valtrex doesn't suppress all shedding or all outbreaks.  That's why finding a cure is important.