World's Largest Herpes Support Group
KelsMichelle

Getting worse over time

KelsMichelle

Backstory: I’ve had herpes down there for almost 3 years now. I haven’t been tested to see type 1 or 2. Dr put me on valtrex, and it cleared my first infection up. Had two more over that first year, but went away within a few days. Last year in May I got the worst one ever (look wise) and valtrex didn’t clear it up. So my doc switched my to acyclovir. No problemS after that, but fast forward to this past May, I then got another outbreak which looked worse and itches and hurt worse than my initial one. Took a huge amount of acyclovir and it went away (after 3 back to back obs over a month and a half). So all was fine but today I noticed itching and checked things out and there’s blisters. I don’t get it, almost 3 years in and it’s becoming more frequent and looking worse than the first few. And it’s white spots, some on the inside of my labia and a few on the outside. Anyone else experienced this problem? Honestly it didn’t bother me having herpes but after the past few months I’m seriously so depressed. I just want them to stop or at least go back to just once a year..no diet changes, new stressors, or sun exposure to explain them. 

alextheman
On 8/22/2019 at 4:13 PM, KelsMichelle said:

Backstory: I’ve had herpes down there for almost 3 years now. I haven’t been tested to see type 1 or 2. Dr put me on valtrex, and it cleared my first infection up. Had two more over that first year, but went away within a few days. Last year in May I got the worst one ever (look wise) and valtrex didn’t clear it up. So my doc switched my to acyclovir. No problemS after that, but fast forward to this past May, I then got another outbreak which looked worse and itches and hurt worse than my initial one. Took a huge amount of acyclovir and it went away (after 3 back to back obs over a month and a half). So all was fine but today I noticed itching and checked things out and there’s blisters. I don’t get it, almost 3 years in and it’s becoming more frequent and looking worse than the first few. And it’s white spots, some on the inside of my labia and a few on the outside. Anyone else experienced this problem? Honestly it didn’t bother me having herpes but after the past few months I’m seriously so depressed. I just want them to stop or at least go back to just once a year..no diet changes, new stressors, or sun exposure to explain them. 

You have to lower your stress.Stress is a big key.Me im trying to sleep more and lower my stress.Im trying to not worry about having herpes.I have it,and there is nothing i can do,So why stress myself about it?Im taking medicine to help suppress it.For me stress and sleep are my biggest factors.

Screwed

Have you tried applying ozone olive oil. It really helps to clear it up. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Samantha1997
      And yes i have never done a hsv1 and i think i prefer not to do it cause if i have also the antibodies i would make myself more crazy about the topic that i am already... i have that in mind always of 2016 when i had the discomfort tmdown there and then i saw blisters on ex boyfriend WEIRD @WilsoInAus
    • Samantha1997
      @WilsoInAus it means a lot that u answered to me! Yes you are right i have been months like this.  Cause at first how does my gyn prescribe me a topica aciclovir when she told me she did not saw anything and then the second time she saws “blisters” which i dont and she prescribes valtrex oral.  Then i do the exams and are really onfusing. the dermatologist told me he did not see anything of herpes and also another gyn I went after the two times of going to my gyn of all life who told me and gave me the meds and he told me that i did not have blisters lor sores maybe they were varicose veins there. But id weird cause no one can tell me what is was. Why would it be red and itchy and ti gling on the same part as 2016? Right. And that many different exams wow
    • WilsoInAus
      When was your exposure though? Wasn’t it three years ago? Any symptoms outside of the genital area are not symptoms of genital herpes. Whether that’s on your hands or back etc. What are you talking to your doctor about, seems they aren’t doing their job if they keep testing you for something that you probably don’t have that doesn’t cause the symptoms you suggest.
    • Surprise
      I was exposed to it I truly believe that I was! My body still doesn't feel completely right! Now I have a lot of new sypmtoms like nerve pain, plus I had all the symptoms minus the sores because I had hsv1 already kinda spared me (at least I think) Body had pain on one side of the body, burning tingling, on hands and buttocks and swollen underarms. I also had a low grade fever. (which are all known sypmtoms). I'm so tired of testing at this might be next week
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Samantha1997 this is all a bit confusing for you. I’m afraid that the best interpretation I can give right now is that you have a childhood HSV-1 oral infection that is producing erratic combined IgG test results. It would seem likely that you do not have a HSV-2 infection. And likely that you do not have genital herpes. However your suspicions need investigating. clarity could be achieved with the following: - a swab of a freshly emerging lesion - IgG testing that is type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.