World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LoneWolf

HELP

LoneWolf

So I have genital herpes, it’s been about two years now. I just got on acyclovir and it has helped with clearing out reoccurrences BUT I’ve been dealing with a sore inside my lip and it sits against a tooth. It has yet to heal, I have tried uploading photos but it says the image is too big. There’s no puss, no bump, it’s just white and the surrounding area is a little red. Yes, it will occasionally hurt but other than that I sort of forget it’s there. I’m trying to figure out if it could have transferred somehow. I haven’t been sexually active in a while and I’ve never had anything like this in my mouth besides cutting my gum with my toothbrush. Any advice on how to clear it out or on what it could be? I’ve been taking 400mg of acyclovir since I thought it was an outbreak somehow but it’s not budging like it does when I have a reoccurrence on my labia. 

Roxanne11

Google 'canker sore' and see if that is what it resembles? Canker sores are super common inside the mouth - I use to get them a lot when I had braces from rubbing or whenever I bit the inside of my mouth too hard. They are not contagious at all - just harmless ulcers. There is no hard evidence as to what causes them but they are common. Canker sores have no relation to herpes. 

Edited by Roxanne11

Tone123

I would go with canker sores as well being inside the mouth and all. Hsv1 is usually on the lips. Did you ever redo bloodwork to know exactly what kind you have in the genital region. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Vintage7
      If you really want freedom then take Valtrex 1000 mg daily.  You can actually skip a day or two during the week so like 5 out of 7 days.
    • Vintage7
      I posted in another section but ive been herpes free for 8 months since I had a heart attack.  Im young for a heart attack so I was caught off guard but no Valtrex meds and no flare ups for 8 months.  Im used to 4-5 flare ups a year with meds and every 4-6 weeks with no meds.  I think its either the blood thinner med or the blood pressure med.  I just don't know but I feel better than I have felt in a very long time.  Better if this goes on over a year and more.
    • Vintage7
    • Vintage7
      Its a crazy bug does weird things depends on your immune system.  Most people have raised red bumps looks like shingles in a way(blisters).  Some flare up frequently some flare up once and never happens again.
    • Vintage7
      Hey i got it when I was 17 and I was all alone back in the 80's.  I was really bummed out.   They didn't have good medication either.  Now 5 out of ten peole have it and you can take Valtrex 1000mg and have maybe 1-3 flare ups a year.  Im married for over 20 years and have 3 awesome kids.  Its as bad as you make it. and don't think there won't be a cure in less than 10 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.