World's Largest Herpes Support Group
feelingalone212

Could this potentially be a second outbreak?

feelingalone212

Hey guys, so I am currently at the end of my first ever outbreak. My first outbreak was HELL. I been keeping a close eye down there and all the sores seem to had gone away or so I thought...2 days ago I noticed a sore pop up on the top of my vagina, it doesn’t look like how my last sores look. It’s very inflamed but not painful to touch , it isn’t pus filled either. I have no other sores anywhere, just some redness and dry flaky skin around my bikini line. It doesn’t burn when I pee either, which is a relief because that was the most dreadful symptom in my opinion. I still have some itching down there that has been kinda unbearable to deal with at work for these past few days. I tried some home remedies  I saw recommended on here ...I did an epsom salt bath, I put coconut oil down there, aloe Vera ,  apple cider vinegar (this helped for a little bit) But the only thing that seems to provide relief is a nice shower with antibacterial soap.

i really can’t live like this. I don’t know if this is the aftermath of my first outbreak or if this could potentially be a second outbreak?? Please help 

heididehk

Hey! I’m newly diagnosed but I’ll speak from my experience of having a yeast infection 2 days after my first outbreak was cured. 

I first noticed the cheese-like discharge followed by intense internal itching for two weeks. I took tablets and most of the itchiness went away. Could it be you having an outbreak and yeast infection at the same time (because i did)? (Btw I actually found yeast infection more unbearable than my second outbreak) 

i also talked to somebody on tumblr  with herpes and she told me the itchiness hadn’t stopped until 2 weeks after her first and only outbreak. 

Hope this gives you some ideas! 

Heidi 

feelingalone212
5 hours ago, heididehk said:

Hey! I’m newly diagnosed but I’ll speak from my experience of having a yeast infection 2 days after my first outbreak was cured. 

I first noticed the cheese-like discharge followed by intense internal itching for two weeks. I took tablets and most of the itchiness went away. Could it be you having an outbreak and yeast infection at the same time (because i did)? (Btw I actually found yeast infection more unbearable than my second outbreak) 

i also talked to somebody on tumblr  with herpes and she told me the itchiness hadn’t stopped until 2 weeks after her first and only outbreak. 

Hope this gives you some ideas! 

Heidi 

Hey thank you for the reply! I thought I might have a YI but I only had slight discharge and it wasn’t thick it was more thin but mostly I am extremely dry down there. I even tried inserting a YI cream and that kind of made it worst, I had extreme burning and itching all night long and now i’m noticing some white bumps inside the vagina lips🤦🏻‍♀️ I feel miserable. Anyway i’m back on the anti virals, I’m going to take it for 5 days and see what happens. I also just got my period so i don’t know if that’s going to help or harm the situation. I think I may have irritated down there by taking too many showers in a day and washing down there with antibacterial soap. But it was the only relief I was feeling!!! 

heididehk
On 9/23/2019 at 1:13 AM, feelingalone212 said:

Hey thank you for the reply! I thought I might have a YI but I only had slight discharge and it wasn’t thick it was more thin but mostly I am extremely dry down there. I even tried inserting a YI cream and that kind of made it worst, I had extreme burning and itching all night long and now i’m noticing some white bumps inside the vagina lips🤦🏻‍♀️ I feel miserable. Anyway i’m back on the anti virals, I’m going to take it for 5 days and see what happens. I also just got my period so i don’t know if that’s going to help or harm the situation. I think I may have irritated down there by taking too many showers in a day and washing down there with antibacterial soap. But it was the only relief I was feeling!!! 

How are you feeling? Did the antivirals help? 

heididehk

I think I’m having internal outbreaks too... they can be quite painful and itchy :(.. I hope the outbreaks eventually subside and if they do happen maybe they can move over to the labia or something....