World's Largest Herpes Support Group
GotEm

Herpes vaccine to be tested in humans

JHenry
1 minute ago, JHenry said:

Does this suggest a therapeutic application?  “In 98 per cent of mice and 80 per cent of guinea pigs it also prevented the low-level “hidden” infections.

GotEm
10 hours ago, JHenry said:

Does this suggest a therapeutic application?  “In 98 per cent of mice and 80 per cent of guinea pigs it also prevented the low-level “hidden” infections.

Not sure, i believe this vaccine is for people negative of the HSV virus  1/2  to prevent getting the virus - they want to stop the epidemic and then after that work on a cure ... which I think personally is bullshit. What about the people that suffer currently - fix that first that way if anyone does get the virus they can be cured - DONE! obviously  a preventive is great but they should put our pain and suffering first not people that don’t even have it and don’t feel what we feel. 

JHenry
17 hours ago, GotEm said:

While it may be only prophylactic, this is very exciting!  I’ve not had an occurrence in years, but to remove the painful, embarrassing, but required and necessary “disclosure”, at risk of rejection-after 30 years of struggle is something I would gladly live with.  Go Dr. Friedman!  Godspeed!!!

RNY18

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/university-pennsylvania-researchers-say-trivalent-nucleoside-modified-mrna-lnp-vaccine-promising?s=en&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=pv-consumer-general&utm_medium=email&utm_content=[ _currentdayname]

“We’re extremely encouraged by the substantial immunizing effect our vaccine had in these animal models,” said the study’s principal investigator Dr. Friedman, in a press release.

While this study’s conclusion published on September 20, 2019, is very positive news, a human-based vaccine candidate may take several years of development before becoming commercially available."...

T9000
6 hours ago, GotEm said:

Not sure, i believe this vaccine is for people negative of the HSV virus  1/2  to prevent getting the virus - they want to stop the epidemic and then after that work on a cure ... which I think personally is bullshit. What about the people that suffer currently - fix that first that way if anyone does get the virus they can be cured - DONE! obviously  a preventive is great but they should put our pain and suffering first not people that don’t even have it and don’t feel what we feel. 

Curing herpes is probably 10x more complicated than vaccinating against it, but we finally have people working on curative therapies for the past 10-15 years or so. The science just hasn't been there until recently. 

iFdUp
9 hours ago, GotEm said:

A preventative vaccine could prevent encephalitis and it is also a far more proven method, preventing disease before it happens. The resources to create a preventative medicine is also far greater than that of a curative one. 

T9000

The text of this article doesn't actually announce any trials, just the headline.

LightafterDarkness

Great to see another candidate progress forward- hope to see a phase I kick off in 2020. Remember all it takes is 1 goal to succeed, the more shots on goal the better

Sounds like Dr. Friedman was alluding to this paper in his conversation with @mikeherp