World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lotus

L-Glutathione Reduced for Oral Herpes?

lotus

My herpes infection spread on my lip...I think after I took 500 mg glutathione 3x day for 1 dy. I have read conflicting reports/reserach re using it and amino acids. This website states that olive leaf(which is great) has an ability to interfere with critical amino acids production required by viruses such as herpes," however, research has shown that glutathione was reduced significantly in the first 24 hrs of onset and inhibited over 99% of replication of HSV-1.

If viruses need amino acids to propate where does the glutathione fit in and which amino acids are they talking about?

I will call Dynamiclear tomorrow where this was posted.

Thanks

Cindy Robinson

Amino acid balance

Hi Lotus,

In the Immune Support product literature it mentions that the herb Olive leaf may interfere with amino acid production that is required by the herpes virus.

This is actually related to the delicate balance of the Lysine and Arginine amino acids, which when altered can help to reduce herpes outbreaks and retard the growth of the virus.

This theory relies on the level of Lysine in the diet being sufficiently high enough to slow down the body's formulation of Arginine, an amino acid required by herpes to grow and become active.

You still require some Arginine as a part of your natural, balanced diet because it plays a vital role in basic body functions and is beneficial and necessary. However, by supplementing your diet with Lysine and incorporating herbs, such as Olive leaf, into your treatment regime you can help to support your body's immunity against herpes.

I recommend 1250mg of Lysine per day to help prevent an outbreak and to inhibit the virus, and up to 2500mg when symptoms are active.

In regards to L-glutathione, this amino acid is not mentioned here and is generally not relevant when talking about how the herpes virus works. However, in reasonable doses it may be beneficial as it does have anti-oxidant and immune boosting properties.

Preliminary in vitro (in the test tube) studies show that glutathione inhibits herpes simplex virus type 1 replication, however more studies are needed in this area.

Source: http://www.instituteforvibrantliving.com/glossary/l/lglutathione.php

lotus, I hope this helps to answer your question, please feel free to email if I can be of any other help.

Cindy

lotus

I take L glutathione reduced when active as there is research stating that people with hsv have lower amount of this mother of all antioxidants!

Sanguine108

Try a product called Herpetic Nosodes by Professional Formulas

It's a homeopathic remedy that is basically like a therapeutic vaccine.   I used to get breakouts every morning.  Now, I don't...   Prodrome/tingling was mild-moderate and now it's meager to mild, if at all.

It's $16 for a bottle.  Worth a try.   Have been the most effective remedy I've tried.   It's so effective that I'm not going to mention the amazing St. John's Wort (except for just then). ;)

lexyz22
5 hours ago, Sanguine108 said:

Try a product called Herpetic Nosodes by Professional Formulas

It's a homeopathic remedy that is basically like a therapeutic vaccine.   I used to get breakouts every morning.  Now, I don't...   Prodrome/tingling was mild-moderate and now it's meager to mild, if at all.

It's $16 for a bottle.  Worth a try.   Have been the most effective remedy I've tried.   It's so effective that I'm not going to mention the amazing St. John's Wort (except for just then). ;)

I've looked online but cant find any ingredients to that Herpetic Nosodes product, are you sure its not just snakeoil?

Sanguine108

Explaining homeopathy would just make you more skeptical.  It's $16. If it doesn't work then you're $16 short.   Other products are selling for $50, $70, $90.  Ridiculous prices.  $16.  I actually got mine from distributor/wholesale so I only paid $8.   

I've experimented with my fair share of remedies and this one is legit, to me at least.   I used to breakout every morning and now I don't.   

https://www.pureformulas.com/herpetic-nosode-2-oz-by-professional-formulas.html