World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Marebear

Still not feeling 100%

Marebear

People have told me and I have read that it can take up to 4 weeks to recover from a first hsv2 outbreak. 

I am about 3 weeks out from first sign of symptoms and almost 3 weeks from first starting valtrex

Things still feel slightly tender. Not sore or painful per se. And tender when I have to pee or first start to urinate. Again not painful, just kinda tender feeling. 

My perineum area has felt slightly itchy and maybe a tiny bit swollen,I can't really tell (maybe it's all in my head) and I'm still having a little milky colored discharge. That is not constant, just every once in a while. 

I was on loads of antibiotics before I had my results back and then diflucan. 

I guess I'm wondering is this all normal? Will it get better? I feel like I'm never going to get 100% better and I'm scared to have sex again because I'm afraid it will be painful. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Muscha
3 hours ago, Marebear said:

People have told me and I have read that it can take up to 4 weeks to recover from a first hsv2 outbreak. 

I am about 3 weeks out from first sign of symptoms and almost 3 weeks from first starting valtrex

Things still feel slightly tender. Not sore or painful per se. And tender when I have to pee or first start to urinate. Again not painful, just kinda tender feeling. 

My perineum area has felt slightly itchy and maybe a tiny bit swollen,I can't really tell (maybe it's all in my head) and I'm still having a little milky colored discharge. That is not constant, just every once in a while. 

I was on loads of antibiotics before I had my results back and then diflucan. 

I guess I'm wondering is this all normal? Will it get better? I feel like I'm never going to get 100% better and I'm scared to have sex again because I'm afraid it will be painful. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I hope this goes away soon.  I cant offer much help other than I have read similar things as you. Hopefully someone else will offer some insight.

Tulip79

If you have been taking antibiotics, you may have developed a yeast or bacterial infection.

iFdUp

In my experience you're never going to feel 100% again, at least not for very long. 

I always sort of feel something going on, or do feel something going on. Then again, I have never used anything like valtrex

heididehk

During the treatment for my first HSV2 outbreak I was also taking loads of antibiotics to cure my pelvic inflammation disease, which led to a serious yeast infection. 

Now im second month in and having my second outbreak and I’m starting to get white yellow-ish discharge again. I’m confused if this is yeast infection or herpes! I feel like we’re in a similar situation. How do you tell! Lol 

Muscha
On 9/23/2019 at 11:28 PM, iFdUp said:

In my experience you're never going to feel 100% again, at least not for very long. 

I always sort of feel something going on, or do feel something going on. Then again, I have never used anything like valtrex

Hi Marebear.  Please disregard this nonsense.  This guy is a glass half empty kind of guy.  You know, the chicken little type who always screams...."the sky is falling, the sky is falling" Just continue working with your Dr., eat right and get your rest. You may have other outbreaks but I'm told they get less intense and less frequent. You sound like a strong person and already know this kind of negativity is not for you.  I think you will be just fine going forward.

Marebear

I've been seeing progress and I contacted my Dr, he gave me some diflucan. Things seem to be looking up!

Edited by Marebear