World's Largest Herpes Support Group
skyline

Advise - None stop OB for 2 months

skyline

I was diagnose with HSV1 positive in 3rd August and my lips tingling start around 9th August. 

Taking acylete 5 times per day and apply Acyclovir 5 times per day too... typically the dry lip skin peel off itself after 4 days. Then the next day can see that a new section seem like going to have a new one. 

I think i have like 4 - 5 times since 9th August the dry lip skin peel off and until now still not return back to "normal" lip. 

Any advise? 

skyline
4 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @skyline, what sort of test did you have for 3 August that suggested you were positive for HSV-1?

Blood test

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, skyline said:

Blood test

That probably means you've had HSV-1 for a long time. Much of the population obtains the virus in infancy and you are probably amongst this group.

What you are experiencing is not related to herpes. Seems like you are having a dry lip episode that has a number of causes but the most likely one is dehydration. I'd stop all drugs and drink 2-3 litres of water a day for the next week and see what transpires.

If you have concerns see your doctor in case there is a bacterial infection or other issue.

skyline

yup.... worry that LYSINE actually causing the this lip heaty issue. I am like drinking 2-3 liters of water everyday now but still.... perhaps should do like you say to stop all the drugs now and see. 

WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, skyline said:

yup.... worry that LYSINE actually causing the this lip heaty issue. I am like drinking 2-3 liters of water everyday now but still.... perhaps should do like you say to stop all the drugs now and see. 

Lysine does nothing for herpes, that's a myth, so yes you can stop that. Only take supplements that you were taking before you learnt you had HSV-1.

I'd just focus on a healthy diet with lots of water. Antivirals are not doing this, I'd suggest you probably do not need them for your particular infection. Only take what your doctor prescribes.