World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Melika

Marring a guy who has hsv2

Melika

Hi dear members. I really need your help and your experiences. I've been meeting a guy since 7 monthes ago and we decided to get married we are perfect match But recently he told me that he has genital herpes. His OB are about once in a year. Im really confused and its really a hard situation for me. I would like to know if you were in my shoes what would you do? Is it that much unbearable to accept the risk because as i studied for sure i will have this problem. I really appreciate if you could tell me your ideas.

DrumLoop8

I think if you really truly care and love this man, nothing should really stand in the way.

The risks will always be there regardless if it’s with your new hubby or another man you casually date. You just never know these days anymore. But since you know he has it, you both can take the necessary precautions to lessen any exposure. Condoms and antivirals can help tremendously if used and taken religiously.

Hopeful.faith.

There are some success stories of couples never transmitting. It IS possible, but there will always be that risk. As stated above, nothing should get in the way of true love. My significant other told me it doesnt matter and that he would have it with me if it meant us being together. Yes, it sucks having it.... but I think if you really love him it will work out. It’s honestly not unbearable... it can be managed well. BUT you need to make sure you guys will work out forever and consider the fact that you may break up and you could be left with it. Is that something you’re willing to accept? Good luck and I hope it works out for you guys ❤️❤️

Tulip79
4 hours ago, Melika said:

Hi dear members. I really need your help and your experiences. I've been meeting a guy since 7 monthes ago and we decided to get married we are perfect match But recently he told me that he has genital herpes. His OB are about once in a year. Im really confused and its really a hard situation for me. I would like to know if you were in my shoes what would you do? Is it that much unbearable to accept the risk because as i studied for sure i will have this problem. I really appreciate if you could tell me your ideas.

If you are lucky enough to find the one, I would not let a virus get in the way.

sillysister
12 hours ago, Melika said:

Just give yourself some time to adjust to the idea, to know how you really feel about it. For most of us who have hsv ourselves, it's taken more or less time to accept it as a part of our lives, and I don't see how it would be any different to you in that sense. It's not the end of a happy life, and I really hope it's not the end of any truly loving relationship ❤

missyrose

I think if you love the guy  and fully understand the risks involved then then enjoy life some things are ment to be as long as you are on board with it it dosent matter , but if you have doubts you need to talk x