World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Jas14

Good days, Bad days

Jas14

I've had hsv for 2 years. Theres good days & bad. I have more anal, vaginal tingling, burning, itch, yeast infections, lower back pain, random shots of pain in weird areas of my body, episodes of numbness (that's passed). Oh what fun!! I do suffer from mild neuropathy in my feet & ankles that I take gabapentin for. Also have body ache, fatigue sometimes. I dont take daily antivirals, guess just letting my antibodies do their thing. Oh and Prozac, yeah no one told me some anti-depressants bring on flare ups. That was awesome. I'm still having residual hsv symptoms from taking it. So be careful taking those.

The guy who gave it to me swore he had nothing, but I know he knew something & I hope he rots in....you know where. I found someone who loves me, hsv and all. So guess I'm here to say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah I have bad days, where I can't be 100% for my kids & feel like crap but I say to myself just a bad day..tomorrow will be better. Hang in there y'all you're not alone. Keep your heads up. If anyone wants to chat get in touch. Sending hugs Xxx

missyrose

aww thats  awesome glad youve found somebody good luck

ILoveSilence

10 hours ago, Jas14 said:

The guy who gave it to me swore he had nothing, but I know he knew something & I hope he rots in....you know where. I found someone who loves me, hsv and all. So guess I'm here to say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah I have bad days, where I can't be 100% for my kids & feel like crap but I say to myself just a bad day..tomorrow will be better. Hang in there y'all you're not alone. Keep your heads up. If anyone wants to chat get in touch. Sending hugs Xxx

Hi, Jas! Glad you have found someone! 

Listen, I know this is a weird question but I am getting a lot of conflicting information. A lot of people keep saying that herpes is "just a skin condition". But then I come across posts such as yours. Is it normal to have it THIS bad? I apologise if my question is rude, but I am really trying to get a measure of risk involved for my significant other

Jas14
On 9/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, ILoveSilence said:

Hi, Jas! Glad you have found someone! 

Listen, I know this is a weird question but I am getting a lot of conflicting information. A lot of people keep saying that herpes is "just a skin condition". But then I come across posts such as yours. Is it normal to have it THIS bad? I apologise if my question is rude, but I am really trying to get a measure of risk involved for my significant other

Everyone's different. For me I dont have defined lesions, warts I have more internal nerve issues (tingling, burning, aches). There are people with both on here. This is not just a skin issue. Look at a lot of the comments on here. My body reacted a certain way to it. Some others might react otherwise. 

Jas14
On 9/28/2019 at 7:21 PM, missyrose said:

aww thats  awesome glad youve found somebody good luck

Thanks! Good luck to you too.

heididehk

I just hope the outbreaks won’t hit me so hard or so frequently I can enjoy the ease of travelling again.....  im in pain and I’m daydreaming when I can ride a bike again... go to a national park and do some paragliding..,. 

Jas14
9 hours ago, heididehk said:

I just hope the outbreaks won’t hit me so hard or so frequently I can enjoy the ease of travelling again.....  im in pain and I’m daydreaming when I can ride a bike again... go to a national park and do some paragliding..,. 

You will! How long since being diagnosed??

heididehk
8 hours ago, Jas14 said:

You will! How long since being diagnosed??

It’s been 1.5 months...  I have only felt like myself for 2 days 😭 am I being impatient? I come from a fast-paced city lol... 🙈

Jas14
17 hours ago, heididehk said:

It’s been 1.5 months...  I have only felt like myself for 2 days 😭 am I being impatient? I come from a fast-paced city lol... 🙈

You have to be patient. Try not to stress cause that is no help to hsv. One day at a time. You will get there. Get your rest & eat healthy. I take Vitamin C & a multivitamin. Some people like Lysine. Lot of great advice on here.