World's Largest Herpes Support Group
RLR48

Still confused.....

RLR48

Nearly 2 years ago I was diagnosed with HSV1 from oral sex which presented itself in my rear. My boyfriend at the time never told me he had HSV1 and he had a beard and mustache so I never saw any sores.  I have not come to terms with all this.  Needless to say, I have not been with anyone since the diagnosis.  I’ve tried dating and have had a hard time feeling I will be tossed aside. My GYNO is great and says it’s very common at “my age” and kind of shrugs off my dread.  Thought I’d reach out to this community to help me work through the thoughts and fears.  My sister visibly has HSV1 all her life yet having it on your face is far different than in your lower region. Thoughts? Guidance? 

WilsoInAus

Hey @RLR48 the reality is that you are no different to your sister in terms of issues HSV-1 brings to your love life.

You are also no more infectious than a person with oral HSV-1, maybe less so.

Guys with HSV-1 already are not at feasible risk of reinfection, so dating those guys is no issue.

Did you get diagnosed with a swab? Was it properly typed?