World's Largest Herpes Support Group
feelingalone212

Back to back outbreaks

feelingalone212

Hello guys, it’s been almost a month since being first diagnosed with HSV2. It’s been a rollercoaster. I am now on my 3rd outbreak. My first OB was the most brutal and painful and horrible, it hurt to pee. I was in agony etc. It lasted about 2 weeks but the lesions went away in a few days but it took another week to fully heal. In it’s aftermath, I had horrible itching that has since went away (Thank God!!) My second OB was a painless sore that popped up on the outside of my vagina and a small sore on the bottom of the opening of my vagina lips. I had antivirals on hand and they cleared up quickly with no fuss. I kept taking the antivirals and I felt good . Then I ran out. I had 2 weeks with no OB. Then boom this morning I woke up to a very itchy pus filled sore in the inside of my vagina lip. It’s high up enough that it hasn’t interacted while i’m peeing which i’m thankful for . But it’s annoying and itchy 😞  I’m currently working on getting more antivirals, i’m definitely going on suppressive treatment. I can’t take this guessing game of ‘Will I get an outbreak’ or will I not. I will admit my diet has been poor. I drink a lot of water and I have cut back on alcohol significantly. But I do eat a lot of junk food. I been dealing with a lot of stress so that could probably be triggering it as well. 

Scooby2112

The first several months can be the most unpredictable.  It takes a while after 6 months you should see some level of normalcy.  Activity is typical much reduced as you get past a year.  You could stay on antivirals for a while.  Maybe see how things go after one of these milestones.  

feelingalone212
2 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

The first several months can be the most unpredictable.  It takes a while after 6 months you should see some level of normalcy.  Activity is typical much reduced as you get past a year.  You could stay on antivirals for a while.  Maybe see how things go after one of these milestones.  

Thank you! When I didn’t get a OB for 2 weeks I was so happy and I thought maybe I didn’t need the antivirals and my body has adjusted. Now I see that I need the suppressive treatment. I just want to feel normal and when I have a OB (even the smallest itch or sore) reminds me that I have this. I been doing a pretty good job of keeping my spirits up and I don’t want to fall into a depression again.

Radium

I think it gets better over the months as well.

I'm 3 months in and have had 4 OBs so far – at a rate of 1 per month (mid jul, early aug, mid sept, early oct). First two were really bad - multiple spots of blisters appearing every 3ish days - and lasted for 20+ days in total. The 3rd OB appeared with clear, visible blisters in one spot and some mild irritation and itchiness in another, lasting for 7+ days total. The 4th OB came few days ago with mild blisters and started to fade away just now. Even though there was some itchiness around the area at times, it turned to nothing. Haven't taken antivirals since OB #1.

feelingalone212
2 hours ago, Radium said:

I think it gets better over the months as well.

I'm 3 months in and have had 4 OBs so far – at a rate of 1 per month (mid jul, early aug, mid sept, early oct). First two were really bad - multiple spots of blisters appearing every 3ish days - and lasted for 20+ days in total. The 3rd OB appeared with clear, visible blisters in one spot and some mild irritation and itchiness in another, lasting for 7+ days total. The 4th OB came few days ago with mild blisters and started to fade away just now. Even though there was some itchiness around the area at times, it turned to nothing. Haven't taken antivirals since OB #1.

In my honest opinion I think the anti virals do help! Couldn’t imagine what my OB’s would of been like without it, probably way worst. Is there a specific reason why you aren’t taking them?