Jump to content

Both parents already positive for HSV can have children without infection to baby.


Recommended Posts

Hi,

Suppose both husband and wife are positive for HSV 2 and symptoms are not present. No treatment going on. Can try for children and have healthy baby without any risk of passing infection to baby?? For sure we will go for C-section delivery but still want to know any risk after this??

I have read in recent studies that baby may get herpes virus DNA from parents in the uterus like other DNA. Is that DNA cause severe symptoms in baby for herpes?

Can this virus passes to baby via placenta in mother's uterus??

Please advise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No childbirth is not a concern for mothers with a well established infection and a doctor who is caring for you and the child.  
 

They can take the appropriate precautions which may involve antivirals nearing time for delivery.  
 

hormones fluctuate during pregnancy and after which can affect the rate and severity of outbreaks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lifeonhopes said:

Hi,

Suppose both husband and wife are positive for HSV 2 and symptoms are not present. No treatment going on. Can try for children and have healthy baby without any risk of passing infection to baby?? For sure we will go for C-section delivery but still want to know any risk after this??

I have read in recent studies that baby may get herpes virus DNA from parents in the uterus like other DNA. Is that DNA cause severe symptoms in baby for herpes?

Can this virus passes to baby via placenta in mother's uterus??

Please advise.

There are more risks associated with a C-section than vaginal delivery with herpes. Make sure you speak to your doctor about these risks.

About 1 in 5 babies born this very day are to mothers with genital herpes.

HSV 1/2 does not travel down the placenta to the baby.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

No childbirth is not a concern for mothers with a well established infection and a doctor who is caring for you and the child.  
 

They can take the appropriate precautions which may involve antivirals nearing time for delivery.  
 

hormones fluctuate during pregnancy and after which can affect the rate and severity of outbreaks. 

Thanks for replying.

If mother and father are symptom less before pregnancy so you see that after pregnancy mother can get outbreak??

Is there anyone who have children after herpes infection. Please guide with your experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lifeonhopes said:

@WilsoInAus Thank you for replying. But which risk's you are highlighting for C-section??

I want to know about only risk that is infection to baby? Hope you don't see any risk in this?

Babies born by c-section do experience more longer term health problems than vaginal births for reasons not yet fully understood.

I think though you are getting ahead of yourself, there is no evidence you have genital herpes here. Your best bet is to seek out a type specific IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 5:19 AM, Lifeonhopes said:

Is there anyone who have children after herpes infection. Please guide with your experience.

I have two kids and at the time I didn't know I have GHSV2 (only worked that out afterwards). Both are healthy happy kids. I know I have herpes and we trust my husband must have it, but he doesn't think it even worth finding out for sure. Herpes has never been a problem to any of us, unless I count it occupying my thoughts a bit too much since finding out. Well, I'm working on that 😅

There must be tons of mothers like me  who just didn't know and still had good natural deliveries & healthy babies. I understand the mental burden is there when you are aware of your infection and the risk - but still, the same risk was there anyway also in my case. Realistically, you are better off because you can tell your healthcare provider about your situation and they can take actions if neccessary.

And I don't think your husband's having herpes makes any difference, except for making trying for a baby more fun for you both because you don't need to worry about infecting each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 9:46 AM, sillysister said:

I have two kids and at the time I didn't know I have GHSV2 (only worked that out afterwards). Both are healthy happy kids. I know I have herpes and we trust my husband must have it, but he doesn't think it even worth finding out for sure. Herpes has never been a problem to any of us, unless I count it occupying my thoughts a bit too much since finding out. Well, I'm working on that 😅

There must be tons of mothers like me  who just didn't know and still had good natural deliveries & healthy babies. I understand the mental burden is there when you are aware of your infection and the risk - but still, the same risk was there anyway also in my case. Realistically, you are better off because you can tell your healthcare provider about your situation and they can take actions if neccessary.

And I don't think your husband's having herpes makes any difference, except for making trying for a baby more fun for you both because you don't need to worry about infecting each other.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

  • Similar Content

    • Dubneedshelp
      By Dubneedshelp
      Hey guys. I was just diagnosed with genital herpes after a visual examination. I've had all the possible symptoms - fever, chills, aches, sore throat, bumps on vaginal area and discomfort when peeing. I'm waiting to find out what strain I have and I have so many questions/am just feeling so terrible so would appreciate any help. 
      1: Does it really matter which strain you have? Should you still disclose this diagnosis to potential future partners? 
      2: Has anyone noticed small bumps on their fingers from the infection? Are these contagious? I have small bumps on one finger that haven't broken but are uncomfortable when touched. 
      3: Is it possible to have infection in both the mouth and genital area at one time? Most of the stuff I've read has said if you have bumps on the vagina then it's genital herpes but my throat is so sore and seems to have bumps way at the back - no sores yet. 
      4: Linked to Q.3, if I have genital herpes can I spread infection by kissing alone?
    • HodJ311
      By HodJ311
      I had sex with a girl I didint know very well and woke up with 2 medium size bumps the next day idk if it’s herpes or not thinking about getting tested it’s been 3 days .
    • name12
      By name12
      hello,
      i was here in june with what I thought was maybe an oral ob.  At that point it had been post exposure by 4 months and i ended up testing neg 1&2 igg.  i just tested again and was neg for both, no new contact. 
      Monday night my nose all of a sudden became EXTREMELY itchy in just one nostril.  the next morning and day all of these white bumps popped up all over it.  I put abreva all in my nose.  this morning i woke up and it was irritated but all the white bumps were gone.  I calmed down but then i just looked and it looks like there's little erosions inside my nose now.  The dr refuses to swab.  Does this look like herpes?  I'm attaching pics of my nose with the blisters and with the erosions, I circled the erosions.  Also including a pic of my lip from june for reference. 
       
      Sorry for the image quality of my nose, one is scarily detailed and the one of the bumps is very blurry.  hard to get a good nostril shot as it turns out
      maybe i have a false neg hsv1 test result?
      Feeling so defeated it is frustrating to not know what is going on and i feel humiliated by the drs who think i am being crazy for suggesting herpes.



    • Shanshine
      By Shanshine
      How can GHSV-1 be transmitted genital to genital? How rare is it? 
    • Shanshine
      By Shanshine
      This question has been eating me up for some weeks now, but I am wondering how can ghsv1 thrive in a part of the body it isn’t usually suppose to show up on? If HSV1 typically causes cold sores and the virus attacks a specific ganglia area, how can it survive else where? This makes me wonder are the types of HSV important since you can get in orally or genitally? 


  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      71,664
    • Total Posts
      484,841
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • StayStrongOk
      @dont quit!, Great effort by you to not pass it to your daughter. Fortunately, kissing is not the only way to show affection. I am sure you are already channelling through other means 🙂
    • Bd2132
      That is good to hear! I have my appointment this evening, so hopefully they agree it is something else. It has not changed in appearance since Friday when I originally posted also. 
    • t1berius1
      Thanks Wilson. Really appreciate the answer and contribution to this community! I guess I will sweat bullets for 12 weeks to get a better answer. 
    • n0v0c41n3
      Thanks for the input, I definitely did not know that prior to getting it I did want to input that I still only have the labia swelling but it hasn't progressed any further.
    • dont quit!17
      I'm sorry about your outbreak but as a Pfizer recipient that vaccine is potent and harsh with side effects. Wait until you get the second dose. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.