World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
shadow750

looking for advice

shadow750

I was diagnosed awhile ago. I was involved with the same guy for 4 years when I was diagnosed. We both had it by then and it wasn't an issue. After he moved I have avoided serious relationships for fear the guy would think the worst of me if he found out. I am in my 30's and moving abou 1000 miles away. I do want to marry and children. At one point do you tell someone you have Herpes? How do you prevent someone else from getting it. My doctor never answers my questions and doesn't think Valtrex once a day treatment works. What have some of you done?

luv2dancebas

I'm new to this myself but from all that I've read there is about a 4% chance of exposing someone to the virus if you are on suppressive therapy and not experiencing an active OB. When you add condoms you cut that 4% in half. the best way to protect someone is to be on suppressive therapy, use a condom and never has sex during an outbreak. I've not had to tell anyone yet and frankly I'm not looking forward to it. Most of what I've read is that you want to tell them before becoming initimate but after you decide they are someone that you would want to be initimate with. Like that narrows it down :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Ashia
      Hey there. Best thing to do is to go in and specifically ask for a herpes IgG blood test and a swab if you have any active sores / bumps present. That's the only way to know for certain. Your symptoms do not sound like the typical symptoms one would experience, but, each person experiences this virus differently. Best to get checked before assuming the worst. Best of luck to you! 
    • asian_gg
      Good question. I want to know the answer too. I apply Abreva to the infected area preventively and take multivitamin to boots up immunity. I am not sure how effective my method is but it is better than doing nothing I guess. 
    • honkschonks
      My assumption and ignorance of herpes was oozing puss filled blistering sores, pain and sickness. You get it by sleeping with whores and sketchy people. Boy was I wrong. I know this is long but hopefully some of you can relate. A week ago I woke up to small painless blisters on my penis out of nowhere. Never happened before. No pre-itching, no pre-tingling, no redness, no sick feelings, no pain, no discharge. I hadn’t slept with anyone in over a month, so wtf. The next morning they were gone, with cuts/sores left behind. They didn’t itch or hurt, only as much as a cut would. I left them alone. I went to a doctor and showed him a photo of the blisters (because they were already gone), he said looks like herpes. How could it be? No woman I’ve ever slept with in the past two years has mentioned it before, during or after me. I didn’t have one night stands. I had regular friends with benefits who could tell me. The doctor did a swab. I asked for a blood test and he said there’s no point. He was certain, so I went to another doctor. He looked at the photos and said it doesn’t look like herpes. I was confused. I asked for a blood test. He was hesitant, but I got an IGG. Now in the past couple years I have had some cuts between my buttcheeks. I always chalked it up to yeast or not wiping enough or too much. It always came out of nowhere, no sickness, no brutal pain, no ooozing puss filled blisters. I never went to a doctor about it. It was uncomfortable, but eventually went away after a week or two. I had assumed genital herpes meant penis, and I wasn’t having anal sex. On this very forum when I was doing research waiting for results, someone said I was being ridiculous thinking I have herpes with non-symptoms like these. Well, today I went in for my swab results. I’m still waiting for the IGG test, but the herpes culture came back positive for HSV2 isolated. The doctor is certain the IGG will come back positive. I’m not really sure how to deal with all this. Right now I feel like a leper, like damaged goods, but also if I’ve had this for years and had no idea until now, I also feel like it’s no big deal. Not a single person in the past two years has got it from me to my knowledge or were incredibly lucky to get a version that shows no symptoms. My concern is explaining that to people going forward who have my prior assumptions, and will not want me. One doctor told me I should for legal reasons go back a year and tell everyone I’ve been with. Another doctor said that’s not realistic. I didn’t have a major episode where I can pinpoint infection, so how far back should I go? I don’t have contact info for many of these people now. I’m not sure what to do. I have so much more to say. I look forward to talking to you all, and am happy this forum exists. Thanks for listening.  
    • MrKyGuy
      Thanks for the reply - I’ll try not to think about it and I’ll update in a couple weeks either way. 
    • Lumberjuanfifty
      Hello , I'm new to this page. Never though I'd sse so much support from people regarding this so called ( hsv) To be honest I dont even know what's wrong with me . I've tested negative in everything. So a little background, I had sex with a person months back. Then later I found out she was married, her husband calls me uo and says HEY MANUEL GO GET TESTED   I know you and my girl were going out behind me back. But in  reality i had no clue she was married only had sex once. But then after he called me i started seeing weird things going on down their. No burning or anything like that. But I do once in a while get a TINGLING SENSATION. AND LATELY IVE BEEN GETTING VERY TINY RED DOTS oN MY PENIS. when I'm fully erect it turns really red. But no sores or anything like that. The weirdest thing is  semen  feels very very thick. I've never ever experienced anything like that In My life. I'm scared to death to be honest. I cant sleeep nothing at all. It just feels very dry and red  whe erect. What could this possibly be???!!! I would post a picture but in very embarrassed. I'm 30 years old. Had one partner my sons mom for 15 years.  But iva had 2 partners aside from here since we broke up. In the last year. Plese anyone can help me out. I'm in full depress mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.