Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
MikeHerp

Marugo - Amenalief

Recommended Posts

MikeHerp


This was already posted earlier.

But I just wanted to emphasize, this is pretty good news. 

https://www.maruho.co.jp/english/release/nek5p400000055oj-att/20190909_pr_eng.pdf

Hopefully this will be a continuation of the work they previously undertook.  So a path to regulatory approval, would be shortened.

This would also hopefully mean, cheaper meds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurdt01

Any educated guess what the timeline might be for this to be available in the US? I keep waiting on the price to drop from the Japanese site...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurdt01

At the very least it looks like we may all have some new treatment options within a couple years...that would be life changing for many of us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJRX

This for sure is great news, I hope due to this that the prices will drop. Since I am planning to start using it in the near future.

I also hope that any of the meds will be available in the EU anytime soon when it is approved by the FDA.

Does anyone know if a FDA approval is also counting for the West-EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeike3

price has dropped - 475-510 shipped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
14 minutes ago, Mikeike3 said:

price has dropped - 475-510 shipped

have you tried med?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
32 minutes ago, Mikeike3 said:

price has dropped - 475-510 shipped

It looks like the same price as around a year ago.  

Edited by MikeHerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
9 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Any educated guess what the timeline might be for this to be available in the US? I keep waiting on the price to drop from the Japanese site...

I'm not sure.  I had a feeling that it had been in the process of a phase 2 in the US.  But hopefully somebody can check whether that is actually the case.  I don't remember whether the phase 2 was finished or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
31 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

I'm not sure.  I had a feeling that it had been in the process of a phase 2 in the US.  But hopefully somebody can check whether that is actually the case.  I don't remember whether the phase 2 was finished or not.  

No, phase 2 was not successfully navigated.

An IND application needs to be made before the clinical trials commence. The Pre-IND meeting doesn’t mean the trials have been approved, it’s just a chance to receive feedback from the FDA regarding the drug and the plans for the trials.

Next step is for submission of the IND.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

Trials were previously approved and phase 2 was completed in the US.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00486200

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351940

https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800025919

Alternative Names: Amenalief; ASP-2151; M-5220

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
21 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

Trials were previously approved and phase 2 was completed in the US.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00486200

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351940

https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800025919

Alternative Names: Amenalief; ASP-2151; M-5220

That’s the Atellas trials not related this company’s application.

Astellas is a whole other story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

This is a drug that was licensed by Astellas to Maruho.  Of course, Maruho can piggyback on previous trial results by Astellas in the US.  It's the same drug dude.  

That's why they are talking about phase 3 now, not phase 1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

This is a drug that was licensed by Astellas to Maruho.  Of course, Maruho can piggyback on previous trial results by Astellas in the US.  It's the same drug dude.  

That's why they are talking about phase 3 now, not phase 1.

 

 

I’m not sure about that, Astellas has been suspended.

Either way, a Phase 2 has to be completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I’m not sure about that, Astellas has been suspended.

Either way, a Phase 2 has to be completed.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00486200

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351940

Condition or disease  Intervention/treatment  Phase 
Herpes Genitalis Drug: ASP2151Drug: valacyclovirDrug: Placebo Phase 2

Actual Enrollment  :

695 participants

Actual Study Start Date  : June 21, 2007
Actual Primary Completion Date  : August 12, 2008
Actual Study Completion Date  : August 12, 2008

RESULTS:

Of 695 adults enrolled, 437 experienced a recurrence and received study drug. Median time for lesion healing excluding aborted lesions was 139.8 hours with placebo, 119.6 hours with ASP2151 (100 mg; hazard ratio


, 1.40; P = .065), 106.2 with ASP2151 (200 mg; HR, 1.40; P = .081), 115.9 with ASP2151 (400 mg; HR, 1.25; P = .25), 102.1 with ASP2151 (1200 mg; HR, 1.72; P = .007), and 113.9 with valacyclovir (500 mg twice daily; HR, 1.42; P = .077), indicating improvement in all treatment groups except ASP2151 (400 mg). Incidence of treatment-emergent adverse events was similar across groups.

CONCLUSIONS:

Three-day or single-day courses of ASP2151 appear to be effective and safe options for treatment of episodes of recurrent genital herpes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@MikeHerp way off piste, lets get back to the comments I have made.

In the eyes of the FDA, a phase 2 trial has to be completed. It’s in the press release.

The drug had previously failed safety in Phase 3 which I suspect invalidates the previous Phase 2 trials. Clearly doing the phase 2 trial again is intended to allay the safety concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

A phase 2 has already been completed dude.  

I've linked to it 3 times in this thread already lol.  All you have to do is point your cursor over this link, and then click your mouse button.  

Do you have a mouse in your computer?  Does the mouse button work?  

The phase 2 in the press release is an "exploratory study".  It's probably for a different indication.  Maybe for suppression.  Who knows.  The bottom line is that, a phase 2 was completed, and the results were published already.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
45 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

A phase 2 has already been completed dude.  

I've linked to it 3 times in this thread already lol.  All you have to do is point your cursor over this link, and then click your mouse button.  

Do you have a mouse in your computer?  Does the mouse button work?  

The phase 2 in the press release is an "exploratory study".  It's probably for a different indication.  Maybe for suppression.  Who knows.  The bottom line is that, a phase 2 was completed, and the results were published already.

 

 

 

No one’s denying that. The failure of the phase 3 study probably requires the phase 2 study.

They are doing a phase 2 study, simplex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

Huh?  lol.  

Again, phase 2 was already completed.  So it's not required.  It's been done.  

"CONCLUSIONS:  Three-day or single-day courses of ASP2151 appear to be effective and safe options for treatment of episodes of recurrent genital herpes."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, MikeHerp said:

Huh?  lol.  

Again, phase 2 was already completed.  So it's not required.  It's been done.  

"CONCLUSIONS:  Three-day or single-day courses of ASP2151 appear to be effective and safe options for treatment of episodes of recurrent genital herpes."

 

And subsequent to that they failed a Phase 3 on the basis of safety. Back to phase 2 to move forward safely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

You're just making shi* up again.  

Phase 2 was already completed.  Phase 2 already showed safety.  So showing safety through phase 2, would be redundant.

FDA has already approved the plan for phase 3, which would be difficult if there was no completed phase 2.  Phase 2 data is critical to approving the plan for a phase 3 trial.  

It's clear you had no knowledge about this drug or the licensing to Maruho, or that it was already tested in the US. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurdt01

Lets just hope maybe we see this and Pritelivir by 2021...I'll only be 42.....so glad to get my life back with time to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, MikeHerp said:

You're just making shi* up again.  

Phase 2 was already completed.  Phase 2 already showed safety.  So showing safety through phase 2, would be redundant.

FDA has already approved the plan for phase 3, which would be difficult if there was no completed phase 2.  Phase 2 data is critical to approving the plan for a phase 3 trial.  

It's clear you had no knowledge about this drug or the licensing to Maruho, or that it was already tested in the US. 

 

The FDA have not approved anything, where does the press release say approved?

A pre-IND meeting is to gain feedback only, it is not part of the approval process, nor compulsory.

I feel the press release is clear enough, but lets wait to see the trials filed as part of the actual IND shall we.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

It says the plan for phase 3 was accepted by the FDA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
8 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

It says the plan for phase 3 was accepted by the FDA.  

Exactly what I said.

the “development plan” for phase 2 and phase 3 was “accepted”.

There is no approval element to a pre-IND meeting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      71,024
    • Total Posts
      480,329
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • Syam Banerjee
      "HVS Eraser"  brings the amazing Solution for any type of Herpes Virus from Your Body in just 21 days. Just check out the free video here --> HVS Eraser Be HVS Free starting today.
    • Naturalady
      Yes, sounds like an outbreak to me. I'll get paper cut like lesions that are tiny, but around the area is red and irritated. I would not say the cut can come and go that quickly, but maybe the redness and tenderness can.
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Dee2315679 for sure it’s a good idea to question. Exactly what test did you have that suggested positive for HSV-2? Did you get a printout with values of your test result?
    • Dee2315679
      I've been diagnosed with HSV2 for close to three months now and I haven't had a break out (🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾) since. I'm not sure if this is normal at all. After being diagnosed, I had them check and they did not see anything that resembles it and I've never had an issue with blister in the past. Someone please let me know if this is normal.
    • Southwestrancher
      I don't own any. I liked it at 50 cents. Now with all the coronavirus stuff it's about 8 or 9 dollars. Not convinced their legit (I've read some negative stuff) but I'm hopeful. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.