World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ely

Herpes

Ely

I get diagnosed don't know is it  1 or one in test i have hsv1&2 igm negative and hsv1&2 igg 29.6 Au /ml positive is somebody knows something about this ranges can't find nowhere online i was to depresed to talk over one month couldn't back to hospital i wanted to die at the moment 

Tone123
5 hours ago, Ely said:

I get diagnosed don't know is it  1 or one in test i have hsv1&2 igm negative and hsv1&2 igg 29.6 Au /ml positive is somebody knows something about this ranges can't find nowhere online i was to depresed to talk over one month couldn't back to hospital i wanted to die at the moment 

It sounds like you took a combined test I will get a type specific test for type 1 and type 2 alone and see what you get you may have oral HSV-1 just like 80% of the world population and we're doing a combined test it'll catch this just doesn't differentiate between the two

Ely

I cant find nowhere this measurement Arbitrary units per ml in tests online, is this some kind of cheap test or 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Ely said:

I cant find nowhere this measurement Arbitrary units per ml in tests online, is this some kind of cheap test or 

It is an older style test but is not essentially that different to ELISA testing as per say the Herpeselect.

I believe with this test there is a single control sample of antibodies to antigen that is defined as 100 arbitrary units per mL. The fluro density of your sample compared to the control sample derives an equally arbitrary estimate of antibodies in the test sample.

Hence the most critical issue here is what is the cutoff value for positive? Is it not 100? is it 20?  

Ely

Thnx so my number 29.6 is high I don't understand one thing more maybe u have explanation also couse I c that u have knowledge, so : how do they make a difference between antibodies to hsv and other condition and is there possibility that other condition produce these so u get positive result for hsv enyway thnx 

WilsoInAus
8 minutes ago, Ely said:

Thnx so my number 29.6 is high I don't understand one thing more maybe u have explanation also couse I c that u have knowledge, so : how do they make a difference between antibodies to hsv and other condition and is there possibility that other condition produce these so u get positive result for hsv enyway thnx 

Your test result should show you a reference range for positive. Does it say something like > 20 positive or > 100 positive?

IgG tests are based on an antigen that’s is extracted from the envelope of the virus itself. It’s called Glycoprotein G. This protein in theory attracts just one type specific HSV IgG antibody.

In practice though, low positive readings are possible as other proteins occasionally stick to glycoprotein G.

However even if you have herpes you test wasn’t type specific. You’d probably have oral HSV-1 from childhood if it is truly positive.

Ely

Well hm cutt of number I don't know there is enything on report like legend its just paper says 28.6 au/ml positive hsv1&2 don't know the strain the real problem  for me is after 12 days from exposure I get tested no igm, igg was positive I had just a small bump but after 10 more days I get uti burning sensation  when urinate lower back pain balanitis my glans was red around urethra little bit tender on touch white chunks under foreskin, generally feel like shit and so depresed so couldn't do another herpes test this hospital only provide some test (I try to change test place) so here they find yielded moderate growth of enterococcus faecalis inside urethra and in my urine now I don't know is this becouse herpes or this bacteria I get antibiotics and after 7 days stops