World's Largest Herpes Support Group
rose19

unsure if it's herpes

rose19

I had unprotected sex August 29th with a girl who told me she was clean, 2 weeks later I started getting this redness around urethra that disappeared after 2-3 days. This happened 4-5 times since then and I have tested negative to every std except herpes (waiting for results).

The redness does not hurt or itch even when touched and no sores. 

https://ibb.co/cwDGczW

Edited by rose19

Cas9
27 minutes ago, rose19 said:

I had unprotected sex August 29th with a girl who told me she was clean, 2 weeks later I started getting this redness around urethra that disappeared after 2-3 days. This happened 4-5 times since then and I have tested negative to every std except herpes (waiting for results).

The redness does not hurt or itch even when touched and no sores. 

https://ibb.co/cwDGczW

To get a more accurate result from testing, you'll need to wait a few months after the infection. Do the IgG test.

rose19

1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

To get a more accurate result from testing, you'll need to wait a few months after the infection. Do the IgG test.

Will do, but can redness that goes away in 2-3 days be alarming for herpes?

Ely

Did u have Uti or eny bumps on glans feeling sick like fever eny other symthoms

rose19

No uti no bumps and no fever at all. Just really stressed out. 

rose19
2 minutes ago, Ely said:

Did u have Uti or eny bumps on glans feeling sick like fever eny other symthoms

I went to the doctor 3 days after the redness appeared but it was already gone and she said it must just be irritation if it leaves that quickly. What scares be is that it comes back every week or 2.

Ely
Just now, rose19 said:

I went to the doctor 3 days after the redness appeared but it was already gone and she said it must just be irritation if it leaves that quickly. What scares be is that it comes back every week or 2.

Maybe alergie or candida, hsv will do more than redness I think I am not the doctor u need to go again seek for doctor opinion

rose19
10 minutes ago, Ely said:

Maybe alergie or candida, hsv will do more than redness I think I am not the doctor u need to go again seek for doctor opinion

Going back on Tuesday, problem is that it's going to be gone by then...

Ely
28 minutes ago, rose19 said:

Going back on Tuesday, problem is that it's going to be gone by then...

Get ur urine culture test if they find bacteria also bacteria can do redness, dont clean glans with soaps only with warm water this is also possibile, drink more water i wish u to solve ur problem fast I think its not look like std 

Scooby2112

Take a picture with you to the doc but redness with no other symptoms is unlikely to be herpes.  

Edited by Scooby2112

rose19
4 hours ago, Ely said:

Get ur urine culture test if they find bacteria also bacteria can do redness, dont clean glans with soaps only with warm water this is also possibile, drink more water i wish u to solve ur problem fast I think its not look like std 

Thank you, will keep updating.

rose19
4 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

Take a picture with you to the doc but redness with no other symptoms is unlikely to be herpes.  

The thing is that online it says that not everyone gets sores during an outbreak... But the redness is already going away. I will show the doctor the pictures and hopefully it won't be herpes...

rose19

Does every outbreak come with sores and pain? Because my situation causes no pain, it's only uncomfortable when looking at it.

Fred R
9 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

My current situation. Similar. Very nervous, a couple times a day u get some groin pain. Lymph nodes feel swollen in pelvic area as well. Ben EXTREMELY stressed this is day 14 since potential exposure. 

F1038E10-BF6E-4553-A7BE-70B48B04DC2C.jpeg

Fred R
9 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

My current situation. Similar. Very nervous, a couple times a day u get some groin pain. Lymph nodes feel swollen in pelvic area as well. Ben EXTREMELY stressed this is day 14 since potential exposure. I’m reading into NGU. Finding its more often a chlymidia caused infection?? But I just finished a 7 twice daily dosage of antibiotic for urethritis ??????

blurneworder
1 hour ago, Fred R said:

My current situation. Similar. Very nervous, a couple times a day u get some groin pain. Lymph nodes feel swollen in pelvic area as well. Ben EXTREMELY stressed this is day 14 since potential exposure. 

F1038E10-BF6E-4553-A7BE-70B48B04DC2C.jpeg

I also had redness that showed up, and it's never subsided. It happened soon after I had unprotected sex.

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

I also had redness that showed up, and it's never subsided. It happened soon after I had unprotected sex.

But what does he do with this anecdote?

You tell him you do not have genital herpes!

Fred R

I’m not sure if I’m following u here? U tell me it’s not herpes as an anecdote ? 

Fred R

U can see the patch just under the ring of the head...to left center, a cluster. It was a bit itchy before I through some cream in it....this js simultaneous with leg itch and hands irritation  

16627584-F7B9-410C-9DF1-220640AB928F.jpeg

Not to mention the pain in my neck and groin right now are on fire 

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Fred R said:

I’m not sure if I’m following u here? U tell me it’s not herpes as an anecdote ? 

Yes you have to ignore it, some people just want to needle your fears and current state of obsessiveness to fuel their own needs.

However this is about YOU and what you OUGHT to think about YOUR own symptoms.

That can only be done from the broad context of knowledge and empathy for your specific circumstances.

You are getting well beyond the timeframe for a feasible primary outbreak, which is not ambiguous when it comes to herpes as an adult.

Symptoms other than lesions follow the lesions, not precede them for a primary outbreak.

Don't give into your fears, not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

In the pic above, I see a perfectly normal penis, what you describe are your penile stems.

rose19
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Yes you have to ignore it, some people just want to needle your fears and current state of obsessiveness to fuel their own needs.

However this is about YOU and what you OUGHT to think about YOUR own symptoms.

That can only be done from the broad context of knowledge and empathy for your specific circumstances.

You are getting well beyond the timeframe for a feasible primary outbreak, which is not ambiguous when it comes to herpes as an adult.

Symptoms other than lesions follow the lesions, not precede them for a primary outbreak.

Don't give into your fears, not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

In the pic above, I see a perfectly normal penis, what you describe are your penile stems.

But can't the redness just be a very mild outbreak? Or is lesions the only indicator?. Thanks 

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, Fred R said:

@WilsoInAus this is a good point. A red rash is a mild outbreak no? 

No, herpes does not cause a general rash. Some people term the  single or multiple herpes lesions as a rash.

Rash is a general and often misused term.

While all redness may be termed a rash, few rashes are herpes lesions.

Ely
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

No, herpes does not cause a general rash. Some people term the  single or multiple herpes lesions.

Rash is a general and often misused term.

What exactly is herpes lesion is there specific type how that look like when u Google it it comes so many forms that man doesn't really know what to look for