World's Largest Herpes Support Group
luxurypeach

Possible HSV 2 Diagnosis. Very sad.

luxurypeach

Hi everyone,

I went to the doctor today and got swabbed for an ulceration I have on the outside of my vagina. The doctor thinks it could be HSV 2 but I won't know the results for another two to five days. I'm very distraught and feel like life itself is over. I know it's not but I cant help but feel that way. I've attached photos below and want to know if any of you have experienced HSV 2 that looks similar to this. I was prescribed an antiviral medication so I feel certain that this is genital herpes. However, the uncertainty is killing me and not knowing has me feeling the dark. Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.  

Thank you for your time. 

IMG_4733 (1).jpg

Tone123
2 hours ago, luxurypeach said:

Hi everyone,

I went to the doctor today and got swabbed for an ulceration I have on the outside of my vagina. The doctor thinks it could be HSV 2 but I won't know the results for another two to five days. I'm very distraught and feel like life itself is over. I know it's not but I cant help but feel that way. I've attached photos below and want to know if any of you have experienced HSV 2 that looks similar to this. I was prescribed an antiviral medication so I feel certain that this is genital herpes. However, the uncertainty is killing me and not knowing has me feeling the dark. Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.  

Thank you for your time. 

IMG_4733 (1).jpg

As any ulceration there is suspect but that's nothing from what I've seen in people with pos swabs. It could very well be bacteria or something else. It's easier said than done but try to relax until you get the results. Was there any sex days or weeks prior to this showing up?

luxurypeach

Yes there was sex prior to this (probably a week ago), and it was unprotected. Thank you so much for the feedback! I will try to relax

luxurypeach

Just an update: Everything came back negative. It appears to be a severe yeast infection.

Tulip79
2 hours ago, luxurypeach said:

Just an update: Everything came back negative. It appears to be a severe yeast infection.

Goody for you

Ely
4 hours ago, luxurypeach said:

Thnx Good good news for someone, wish y all good salute