I recently discovered these red marks on my penis

Theairplanelanded

I had sex with a girl and then I started over thinking it. I think it might have been due to irritation but I don’t know. I’m stressing does this look like herpes?

A98A2E7C-B1BC-4803-A26E-B6A0F730CA3C.jpeg

Tough to tell in my opinion.  Not looking like typical symptoms.  Looks like more redness than normal but I don’t have your before shot.  

I would see a dr regardless if you are worried.  A person seeing it in person will be much better than a bunch of us.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• WorryandSpot
      By WorryandSpot
      Hi everyone,
      I have noticed a very small crater on my penis, right next to the urethra opening. It's shallow, small and painless. There's not really any identifiable features other than it being a small indent, like literally the skin just dips down. There's nothing inside it, no pus or weeping or liquid. No 'top' to it. It appears reddish/pinkish, like the skin around it. It is not sore or painful to touch. I have had it 3 days.
      Here are pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ywiFWeL - it's difficult to photo without it being somewhat lost.
      I have to also say that I've had discomfort of the lower abdomen for a few weeks. I don't have pain while urinating but there's a general discomfort of the urethra. Not burning, but discomfort - around 2/10 in scale.
      I have had this 'crater' or 'indent' come and go before. Maybe around 3 months ago, I remember it was around for a handful of days, and faded again. No scab or healing over, it just sort of faded.
      So does this seem to correlate with a mild outbreak or recurrence? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Has anyone experienced anything similar?
      Doctor's have been extremely slow to help. It's so hard to see someone without waiting weeks, and when I finally do they have little knowledge or barely any time. With many craters, the first answer is often syphilis, but I had that test done before and it came back negative. I haven't had sex since and was well within the test window. I last had sex around 18 months ago, unprotected. I haven't had a Herpes test before.
      I know many of you help keep this website a source of valuable information and ease so many people's anxieties or confusion, thankyou to all of you for your time and work.
    • SafetyMan
      By SafetyMan
      Hello everyone,
      First thankyou so much for taking the time to read/reply. I could use your help so badly.
      I had sex unprotected one year ago. A week afterwards I had some itching of the foreskin so went to the doctor, and was advised it was Balanitis. I got some cream and it went away within a few days. Since then I had a full STI panel of Chlamydia, Gonhorrea, Syphilis, HIV, and Hepatitis - all negative. Last week I had sex with someone new. She was a virgin, and we used a condom. Now since then, for the last 6 days I have had burning down my urethra - not while peeing, but just in general. I went to the doctor and they advised that it could be more Balanitis, so I got more cream. However, the woman I slept with now has flu, enlarged lymph node in neck, and a sore throat. I have also noticed these tiny tiny bumps or marks near the opening of my penis (pictured). I am not sure if I have always had them or if I'm just seeing them now. 
      Would these show a year afterwards, right when I have sex again (and with a virgin, with a condom)? Are my symptoms in line with Herpes? 
      Thanks for your advice, there's not much info on the internet.

• Jensport
      By Jensport
      Please join us Sept 1 @ 8PM PT / 9PM MT / 10PM CT / 11PM ET for a  live Q&A session with national expert, nurse practitioner Terri Warren, RN, ANP.    More details about the event are in the link below, where you may also post your questions ahead of time.     https://www.reddit.com/r/HerpesCureResearch/comments/pbdbfw/qa_with_terri_warren_rn_anp_september_1st_2021/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
      Warren has been in practice for over 20 years.  She specializes in the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) and has served as principal investigator or sub-investigator on more than 120 clinical trials evaluating testing mechanisms for STIs, efficacy for experimental Herpes vaccines, and pharmacologic interventions for numerous human infections, primarily HSV.
    • Oops97
      By Oops97
      Had unprotected sex like 2-3 months ago. For a long time nothing came up. The I saw bumps appear between my thighs, thought it was razor bumps. Then my skin started shedding a lot, kinda like when kids cover their hand in glue and peel it off if that makes sense. I scratched/picked at some of them (and those were the only ones that “popped” and they were like open sores. Now they just go through this cycle of scabbing the the scab gets peeled off by my clothes or whatever and it starts all over. They don’t hurt, it tingled here or there, and I wouldn’t say it’s itchy but I’ve had the urge to scratch around it recently but I wouldn’t say it was often. And something similar formed on my elbow. I’m trying to get in to get tested ASAP but it’s hard. Any help? Input? 
    • Lola800
      By Lola800
      I've only ever been with one person, and that's my boyfriend, he on the other hand has been with other people in the past but he's never had anything on him...and we're both faithful to each other, been together for almost two years.....

• Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Hey @Fernie hope you are going well. The doctor is spot on here. Many people with HSV-1 end up with slightly elevated results for HSV-2 that does not indicate infection with HSV-2. This persists from test to test for some people. The Westernblot would be useful to you, but will just confirm what is being said to you. Most people actually with HSV-2 test above 3.5 on those sorts of tests. 
    • Fernie
      Just got off the phone with a doctor and they said based off the history of my tests, it’s most likely a false positive.    they also said that because I have hsv1 that that could be causing the false positive 
    • ChattyB
      How do you know you have hsv-2 orally.  I read that having hsv-2 orally is highly unlikely. 
    • Fernie
      I’m so confused and don’t know what to do.    Sorry for posting here so much but I’m just lost.   I’ve tested normal on these dates 7/14/2020 0.72 IGG , 10/28/2020 0.89 IGG.    Then I tested low positive 6/6/2021 1.11 IGG.    I went back after that test to confirm the abnormal results on 7/29/2021 0.78 IGG were the results which led me to believe that the first abnormal results were just wrong.    Fast forward to now I just got my results back this morning from 11/27/2021 1.17 IGG, were the results. I’m just so confused, don’t know what to do. I’m going to have a consultation over the phone with a physician today and I also reached out to Terri from Westover Heights.    At this point I’m considering a western blot and I’m so paranoid I also signed up for another full panel std testing. I’m just so confused and stressed out.  Hope my buddy @WilsoInAus sees this  
    • ChattyB
      Did you find out what's going on. I'm having the same exact shit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.