World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
livelaughlove

what about marriage and HSV?

livelaughlove

even though i have HSV 1 below the waist I still want and hope to remarry one day. are there any good stories about people either marrying someone who doesn't have HSV? or is my only option someon who has HSV? i plan to continue to date and meet people as I always have and I refuse to let this make me shy away from relationships...i figure i'll probably have a lot more guy friends who fall into the "just friends" status than i probably would have before getting HSV. i don't feel that i have to mess around with all of them. anyway, does the partner that doesn't have it agree to get it if they marry or do they continue to protect the other partner? i just feel so ignorant about all of this. :-|

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hockeyawesome1
      What’s Excision?
    • Hockeyawesome1
      Get some garlic concentrate pills 1000mg. I take one a day, eat whatever I want and stay symptom free. 
    • Isab
      I understand how you feel. My boyfriend had always been cautious of physically being with me before, but now I’m afraid that he’ll never want to take that step. Ive accepted the fact that it’s something I’ll have to live with, but what still scares me is the impact that my herpes will have on people around me- especially sexual partners. I kissed him before I knew that I was carrying the virus (but I know for sure that I had it at the time) I’m scared to tell him that he might have it too because of me! I’m just trying to say that i understand your worry of what impact this will have in your relationship.
    • Hockeyawesome1
      Oh ok. If a cure does come along sometime in my life that would be awesome! Especially for the younger generations that will never have to worry about HSV. I’m still pretty young (22) and got a lot of my life left to do great things regardless if a cure ever comes 
    • Isab
      I just got my diagnosis. My lips have been suffering from herpes for at least three years now, but because I have so many allergies and sensitive skin I always thought that it was an allergic reaction and dismissed the idea of herpes. How am I supposed to live a normal life now knowing that I can’t ever kiss my boyfriend without making him carry this burden. I was ashamed before to have my lips look swollen and pustulating in public, but now that I know it’s herpes I can’t help but hide more. This makes me feel like even more of an outcast, especially since I’ve been suffering with other skin problems like huge face cysts and very bad acne for years. What do I do? What am I even supposed to think or feel at a moment like this? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.