World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• whereismyanswer
      I've had this reoccurring monthly for 3+ years though. Do you really think this is something a dermatologist can have an answer to?
    • Kurdt01
      3 prunes every morning and a sitz bath twice a day. 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night. You can add epsom salts to it if you want though just warm water is effective.
    • WilsoInAus
      Just because you have HSV-1 doesn't mean everything that happens on your lips is related to HSV. It does seem like a dermatologist would be a good move if your doctor is not thinking broadly enough.
    • whereismyanswer
      Yes, taken the blood test and came back positive for HSV1.  I wish it was angular cheilitis. I'm going to look into other doctors for treatment options.  
    • Just a human being
      A lot of people don’t understand me nor the importance of the emerging evidence. They think I’m promoting a product or here for financial gain! They mistake a complex social environment with science failing to realise it’s an open poll with many factors affecting the outcomes! They mistake anecdotal trying as the way forward over the importance of the emerging evidence to shed more light on the mechanisms of how clearance could be achieved. That it opens up the further discourse for integrative medicine and related sectors in healthcare. That it means people will no longer have to run around for decades trying to find their answers! Our doctors and scientists are persecuted and ridiculed and too scared to speak the truth! Unless we build a groundswell movement behind it things won’t change. Instead people seek to destroy what they don’t understand! It’s been a tough, frustrating year arguing and advocating for the recognition of integrative medicine. Often with those HSV infected trying to beat it down THE MOST! I guess in any troubled times we have thoughts to turn back to to give us strength. Mine is Lady GaGa. Bullied at school and rejected many many times in her early career Lady GaGa is one of the wealthiest and most influential pop stars. Arguing for her brand of pop music she knew it was the next big thing but getting people to listen was harder.  Lady GaGa often gives inspirational speeches of success after much rejection: “It’s not about winning,” Gaga continued. “What it is about is not giving up. If you have a dream, fight for it. If there is a discipline, or passion, it’s not how many times you get rejected or you fall down or are beaten up. It’s about how many times you stand up and are brave and keep on going.” At the start of the year we looked into the astrology of the year. This is the year of Rahu. Rahu brings change with shocks to break down barriers and taboos. I have to say I groaned at little damn shocks and shakes haven’t I had enough in my life! We have certainly had many! I will not stop standing up for the truth and recognition of integrative medicine! Unity in the community is important. Stop destroying recognition of your treatment. Educate yourself on the complex social environment and start thinking like a scientist! In my years experience failure is due to a complex social environment, psychology, and lack of further information due to repression of integrative medicine. Stop being devisive and START thinking, organising and UNIFYING behind the evidence!!!Again I think of Lady GaGa.    START ROARING FOR CHANGE!             
Sign in to follow this  
Angie040417

GHSV and I'm in my first trimester, very stressed

Angie040417

So I found out in May that I have genital hsv, not sure if its type 1 or 2 as they were unable to isolate it and antibody blood tests were negative. My partner and I had our first outbreak at the exact same time. 

I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant and I cant help but be so upset about the circumstance. Neither of us have had any outbreaks or symptoms since that one initial outbreak.. but I have one baby and I loved the natural vaginal birth so much and I want that again. I just want my baby to be safe. I'm also stressed about the "in utero" transmission risk. 

I cant help but feel like my body is not a safe place for my growing baby.. I should feel amazed and proud of my body, but I dont feel that way. :(

Edited by Angie040417

Happybee
On 10/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Angie040417 said:

So I found out in May that I have genital hsv, not sure if its type 1 or 2 as they were unable to isolate it and antibody blood tests were negative. My partner and I had our first outbreak at the exact same time. 

I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant and I cant help but be so upset about the circumstance. Neither of us have had any outbreaks or symptoms since that one initial outbreak.. but I have one baby and I loved the natural vaginal birth so much and I want that again. I just want my baby to be safe. I'm also stressed about the "in utero" transmission risk. 

I cant help but feel like my body is not a safe place for my growing baby.. I should feel amazed and proud of my body, but I dont feel that way. :(

What doctors say? If you had hsv before pregnancy then antibodies will be built up to protect baby..what I was reading

Angie040417
On 10/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, Happybee said:

What doctors say? If you had hsv before pregnancy then antibodies will be built up to protect baby..what I was reading

Ob/gyns in my state schedule your first prenatal visit at 9 weeks. So I havent seen one yet. I wont have one for another 4 weeks. But I will say that the members of babycenter have been a big help. I guess it's pretty common and theres a group on their site too specifically for pregnant women to support eachother.