How to create a topical medical solution? (diluting 98% purity SADBE)

Hey guys, 

I've got my hands on some 98% SADBE in liquid form and planning to do some DIY experiments following the previous studies of using it against HSV

Would anyone know the right ingredients/proportions to create a topical solution, e.g. 2% as they used in the studies? I've been trying to research this extensively, but cannot really find what type of substances are used in such solutions for the remaining 98%. I saw that e.g. the hairloss solution minoxidil contains alcohol, propylene glycol and purified water, but I have no idea of the proportions. 

I could of course always just dilute it down with body lotion, coconut oil or whatever. But I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way for maximal absorption. I would also need to make sure the mix emulsifies properly. 

Any home chemists / medical broscientists here with more knowledge? 

• 2 months later...

Still looking for advice with this. 

Tried both, body lotion and coconut oil but the SADBE always separates from the other substance. It's nasty stuff if you get a too high concentration on your skin and burns it like acid (it is squaric acid, afterall). 

Edited by viralfrog
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03521479
Recruitment Status  : Suspended (More delayed type hypersensitivity responses (DTH) observed than anticipated.)
First Posted  : May 10, 2018
Last Update Posted  : August 3, 2018

In link to trial.....just saw this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113848403640

https://www.enbipharma.com/en/sadbeforte

You could buy it. Also, there was another thread on here were someone mentions there could be a bad reaction to this and delayed bad reactions. 

Link to bad reactions:

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(09)02206-3/fulltext

Edited by markimrk2
  • 4 weeks later...

On 1/5/2020 at 2:16 AM, markimrk2 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113848403640

https://www.enbipharma.com/en/sadbeforte

You could buy it. Also, there was another thread on here were someone mentions there could be a bad reaction to this and delayed bad reactions. 

Link to bad reactions:

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(09)02206-3/fulltext

The ones from eBay/enbipharma contain capsaicin and are totally unusable for the genital area. This is the main reason I started making my own. 

Anyways anyone considering this be careful, I had a very bad allergic reaction to this. It is tolerable if you only use a bit and wash it off after 20min or so, but any more/longer I get a very bad rash that lasts for almost a week. 

I'll post a thread about this whole experiment at some point, but first I need to use it longer.. 

hi viralfrog, the same happened to me when I applied imiquimod on the genital area. I think that the reaction to immunomodulators is different for each person, depending on his own immune system. They can trigger a bad inflammatory response.

You might want to ask on reddit, quora, and yahoo answers. I am interested in your project, as I was looking to do the same. Remember, in the clinical trials they apply the 2% on the arm, the size of a dime. It's a systemic change from what I understand. It modulates the whole immune system, such that you don't need to apply on the area that experiences outbreaks.

• 1 month later...

My naturopath ordered 2% SADBE from a compounding pharmacy for me for off-label use. Don't put it on the sores because It makes a crazy rash. I learned that the hard way. Just a  circle on the arm to stimulate the immune system. I had been having non-stop outbreaks on my mouth for 5 years suddenly stop two weeks after taking it. I have tried everything and this is the only thing that has ever worked at all. A fucking miracle. 

My mouth is still itchy sometimes and there is some redness, so I will keep dosing every 3 weeks like in the experimental groups in the trial. Squarex changed their website so you cannot find the pipeline anymore-Are they not moving forward with this product anymore?

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, thatsmycat said:

My naturopath ordered 2% SADBE from a compounding pharmacy for me for off-label use. Don't put it on the sores because It makes a crazy rash. I learned that the hard way. Just a  circle on the arm to stimulate the immune system. I had been having non-stop outbreaks on my mouth for 5 years suddenly stop two weeks after taking it. I have tried everything and this is the only thing that has ever worked at all. A fucking miracle. 

My mouth is still itchy sometimes and there is some redness, so I will keep dosing every 3 weeks like in the experimental groups in the trial. Squarex changed their website so you cannot find the pipeline anymore-Are they not moving forward with this product anymore?

Glad to hear that! I've had some success too so far but I need to use it more regularly. 

I think I'll make a 2% solution next and will use it 3 times a week on a non-genital area. I prefer not the arm, as it still leaves a visible rash. Ill rather apply it on a body part that is not visible and won't catch sun, like on my glutes. 

ManagingIllness
On 3/19/2020 at 1:17 AM, thatsmycat said:

I'm glad you have had success. In my post right before yours, I mentioned placing it on the arm, as it changes the whole immune system - it's systemic.

You say you tried everything. Does that include Amenalief? I would like to know if SADBE was more effective for you than Amenalief.

Viralfrog, did you ever find a formulation for your homemade SADBE Treatment? 
If so, how long have you been using it and have you seen any results? 
Thanks in advance!

On 5/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, ManagingIllness said:

I'm glad you have had success. In my post right before yours, I mentioned placing it on the arm, as it changes the whole immune system - it's systemic.

You say you tried everything. Does that include Amenalief? I would like to know if SADBE was more effective for you than Amenalief.

Yes I have tried Amenalief at 100mg/day and 200mg/day and saw absolutely no difference. I feel SADBE has been more effective. 

On 5/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, Laguna said:

Viralfrog, did you ever find a formulation for your homemade SADBE Treatment? 
If so, how long have you been using it and have you seen any results? 
Thanks in advance!

I've been just mixing it with Coconut oil. There might be something better, but I haven't found yet. 

I have seen some positive results, but I cannot be 100% sure it's because of SADBE. Usually, the following happens:

• I get an outbreak
  • I apply some SADBE 
  • I get some irritation on my skin, which heals and OB disappears

What I believe is that my immune system does not recognise my outbreaks as severe enough to react to them. The SADBE then triggers my immune system to heal the irritation, which in turn heals the outbreak simultaniously. I'm not entirely sure if this is how SADBE works, but I think so? 

On 5/8/2020 at 6:58 AM, Herpesser said:

How can we use Sadbe?

I recommend to read the articles you can find online about it (google SADBE HSV) and let me know if you have some specific questions. 

@viralfrog thanks for the additional information. What about using it daily as an immunostimulant? Have you tried this or just on OBs? Have the OBs reduced in frequency or intensity since using the SADBE on them? 
I am still using the Turkish SADBE oil 2x day on various pulse points. I'm also not sure if it is helping. I do feel tired-ish afterwards so I know it is getting into my system transdermally. 

21 hours ago, Laguna said:

@viralfrog thanks for the additional information. What about using it daily as an immunostimulant? Have you tried this or just on OBs? Have the OBs reduced in frequency or intensity since using the SADBE on them? 
I am still using the Turkish SADBE oil 2x day on various pulse points. I'm also not sure if it is helping. I do feel tired-ish afterwards so I know it is getting into my system transdermally. 

I'm currently using it 3 days a week as an immunostimulant, as on OBs the aftermath it's just so painful (or more like itchy!). 

To describe my outbreaks, I basically have an ongoing infection that flares up or stays mild. It seems to never go completely away. Since using SADBE it seems milder than usual, and the flare ups are less frequent. 

1 hour ago, viralfrog said:

I'm currently using it 3 days a week as an immunostimulant, as on OBs the aftermath it's just so painful (or more like itchy!). 

To describe my outbreaks, I basically have an ongoing infection that flares up or stays mild. It seems to never go completely away. Since using SADBE it seems milder than usual, and the flare ups are less frequent. 

At least you are seeing some improvement! If I'm correct, I recall the protocol for warts is 3-6 months? Hopefully, it will get better and better for both of us! 

• 9 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 12:17 AM, thatsmycat said:

How’s it going? Is this still working? I’ve been trying to find a doc to write this script for me but no luck so far. Weekly outbreaks though and I really need something… Weekly outbreaks though and I really need something… Getting desperate.

17 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

How’s it going? Is this still working? I’ve been trying to find a doc to write this script for me but no luck so far. Weekly outbreaks though and I really need something… Weekly outbreaks though and I really need something… Getting desperate.

Kurdt01, order the SADBE from China using ALIBABA.com Find the liquid Squaric Acid. You will need to message a few suppliers to get a price per your location. It will take several weeks to arrive. Then, follow Graph14's  instructions here on one of his posts how to mix it with acetone. Or you can DM me. 

I am on day 45 of using it. I'm still taking 400mg per day of acyclovir but I am like 95% better than before on acyclovir alone or 99% better than when I was on nothing at all. SADBE is a self experiment. It's trial and error at this point and can have reactions. I've had a severe skin reaction like a burn where I applied it the 2nd time. But after a week it has not gotten worse. But SADBE is the best we've got at this point. 

Have you done all your bloodwork to see if there are any underlying conditions? Autoimmune? It is important that you do before you use the SADBE!!!! It will not work as well if you have any other chronic conditions. If you have an autoimmune condition. You should know beforehand and then start really slow with the SADBE. Get ready for the SADBE with a good diet and supplements. Hang on friend, we'll get through this! 

• Like 2
dont quit!17
On 3/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, thatsmycat said:

Is SADBE still effective for you? Thats interesting you went the naturopathic route. It sounds like they are might be more open to ordering meds off label. 

dont quit!17
2 hours ago, Laguna said:

Kurdt01, order the SADBE from China using ALIBABA.com Find the liquid Squaric Acid. You will need to message a few suppliers to get a price per your location. It will take several weeks to arrive. Then, follow Graph14's  instructions here on one of his posts how to mix it with acetone. Or you can DM me. 

So it doesn't come mixed at the right percentage?

2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

So it doesn't come mixed at the right percentage?

Oh no! Getting it from China it comes at 97-98% pure Squaric acid, and diluting it to 2% is the route some of us are taking if it's the only way to get it. It is definitely done at your own risk and with your own research. If you are able to get it from a pharmacy after getting a prescription from a physician then it will come mixed correctly. But every doctor I tried hadn't even heard of Squaric acid or just known of it as a last resort treatment for warts. 

Edited by Laguna
Addtl info
  • Like 1

Please know that self-administration of SADBE is high risk and can be dangerous. It is promising but the two trial/studies were very small and the rest is anecdotal. So if you are going to use it, then just take full responsibility for yourself and if there are any reactions like severe skin irritation at application site or any other unknown side effects, you will need to be prepared for that. You may not have any reaction.

Also, I have had 2 doctors who I told and both were supportive in my self treatment but one doctor almost lost her mind when I told her I acquired it and self administered. She said in some cases she can refuse to treat because she doesn't know how the medication she prescribes will interact. 

• Like 1
dont quit!17
9 hours ago, Laguna said:

Oh no! Getting it from China it comes at 97-98% pure Squaric acid, and diluting it to 2% is the route some of us are taking if it's the only way to get it. It is definitely done at your own risk and with your own research. If you are able to get it from a pharmacy after getting a prescription from a physician then it will come mixed correctly. But every doctor I tried hadn't even heard of Squaric acid or just known of it as a last resort treatment for warts. 

personally I wouldn't take it unless it was already mixed at 2%. certain substances could inactivate the acid, so I'm not educated enough in the field to dilute the stuff.  

On 3/8/2021 at 1:37 AM, dont quit!17 said:

personally I wouldn't take it unless it was already mixed at 2%. certain substances could inactivate the acid, so I'm not educated enough in the field to dilute the stuff.  

Right, but the only way to get it diluted professionally is with a prescription or if it gets approved by the FDA! I personally couldn't wait for either of those things to occur. I am having a severe skin reaction at the application site. But no more prodromes. It is trial and error. I believe I left it on my skin far too long. 3 hours under a Tagaderm patch then wash the area with soap and water. The 2% solution I made definitely did not deactivate! 

• Like 1