SYDNEY- Anyone in the CBD/Inner West area of Sydney?

Hi guys, 

I've been on this group for a while now, and met some amazing friends in England! It's nice to have the support of someone who knows what you're going through when you start dating etc. 

Anyway, I've recently moved to Annandale in Sydney and wondered if there was anyone close to the area who fancied having a chat, meeting up a few times for coffee or drinks and just go through life together! 

A bit about me: I'm 22 and a lifeguard, I'm quite girly and into makeup but also a bit of a nerd as I like reading. I'm really into cocktails but equally love going for brunch 😝

Send me a message if you're in the area and don't mind an English accent 😂 x

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 4:52 AM, Sarah889 said:

Hi guys, 

I've been on this group for a while now, and met some amazing friends in England! It's nice to have the support of someone who knows what you're going through when you start dating etc. 

Anyway, I've recently moved to Annandale in Sydney and wondered if there was anyone close to the area who fancied having a chat, meeting up a few times for coffee or drinks and just go through life together! 

A bit about me: I'm 22 and a lifeguard, I'm quite girly and into makeup but also a bit of a nerd as I like reading. I'm really into cocktails but equally love going for brunch 😝

Send me a message if you're in the area and don't mind an English accent 😂 x

Hi... Im from indonesia... And we have small group for asia herpes.. Maybe about 400 peoples in the group... And we also ussualy have a meet in near area 

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• madman
      Before I explain my case, I would like to apologize for my English. English is not my mother language. I am a 30 year old man. Since June 26, 2020 I have developed discomfort in my penis, specifically in the glans. I didn't get any sores, I didn't have any discharge and no scars. But I have had banalitis and some redness. I told you my story (It's pretty long): - On June 20 (one week before the symptoms) I had protected sex (I used a condom) with a friend. We had coital sex and I gave her oral sex. I didn't see any external physical problems on her. - On June 26 in the evening, I started to have a burning sensation when I urinate. I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was because I hadn't drunk much water during that day. - The mild-burning continued for a week. From this point on I started to think that I had a bacterial infection or some allergic reaction. That's why I decided to have some general tests (hemogram, urine test, cholesterol, etc.) before going with the doctor (that's what they always ask for). - On July 8 I visited the general practitioner. He performed a complete physical examination. He examined my penis and he told me that he didn't see anything abnormal. He also examined the tests and didn't notice anything unusual. All he saw was that I have high cholesterol and Eosinophil was a little high too. Regarding cholesterol, it's a hereditary thing, because I'm thin, I play sports, and I eat well. Regarding Eosinophil, I suffer from pollen allergy. The only thing he concludes is that I have a possible urinary tract infection and he ordered me a single dose injectable antibiotic (Fosfomycin). He told me that he doesn't think I'm allergic to latex condom because I've always used a condom in my life. - I took the shot. But the discomfort continued. - On the night of July 15, a terrible burning starts on the outer left side of my glans and it was a little bit red. That night I couldn't sleep because of the pain. So I decide to go on July 16 to see another general practitioner. The doctor examined me physically and saw nothing unusual. She performed a blood test again, but finds nothing strange. That's why she ordered to realize a urine culture. I got the urine culture but no bacteria came out. - On July 17 I decided to visit a Urologist. He examined me physically (again). And he told me that I didn't have anything unusual on my penis, just a little red. That's why he decides to perform the prostate exam. When he is examining me, I can say that it hurt a little, but I don't know if it was because of the pain that I already had in my penis or if it was the prostate. The thing is that he told me that I have a prostatitis and that can be cured with a series of antibiotics. He prescribed me 3 injections (3 days), plus 7 days of antibiotic pills. He also told me that the discomfort could take 1 or 2 months. - The first day I started the antibiotic treatment was horrible. Here is when I started to feel really bad. I began to feel weak and unwilling to do anything. But I thought that was normal because of antibiotic, so I continued with the treatment. Halfway through the treatment I didn't feel any improvement. I called the urologist, to explain how I have been feeling, but he told me that I had to finish my treatment. - This is when I start to worry. That's why I contact the girl I slept with to explain my concern. She told me that she could gladly support me, but she didn't suffer from any illness, that in her life she had only slept with one man (her ex-husband). And I'm the Second one. Then she suggested to me to see another urologist.  - On July 27 I visited a second urologist with the girl. He performed (again) a physical exam and a sonogram. He didn't find anything strange. He only saw that my penis was a little red. He told me that it can't be prostatitis because I'm so young and there is nothing unusual about the tests. He believed that during sex, I probably hurt my penis. And he only gave me some pills to calm the pain. He also says that just in case we take a pill of azithromycin (antibiotic). And that's all... - Obviously I didn't experience any improvement. So I call him to explain, and he prescribes me a hydrating cream (this was useless and worst, the burning feeling didn't go away). - At this point my desperation increased and I decided to start looking on the internet. This is when I meet Mr. VHS. This is why I decide to go to a laboratory and take the igm and igg tests for both HVS-1 and HVS-2. - After 3 days the I get the test results: igM HVS-1 negative, igG HVS-1 positive, igM HVS-2 negative, igG HVS-2 negative. I send these results to the urologist and he tells me that these tests do not mean anything. He told me that I have no lesions and that virus is present in almost everyone, that this is not the cause of my pain. - Here I begin to fall into depression. The pain didn't decrease and that burning sensation was always there. - August 6 I saw a family general practitioner, he told me the same thing as the previous doctor. That herpes is not the cause, that I don't have any lesions. - August 14 I decide to visit another urologist (a third one). It told me that the cause "could be" the HVS-1 virus. But that physically he didn't see anything. He explained me that the sores can be very small and not seen with the naked eye. He prescribes me valacyclovir for 7 days. The first three days I didn't feel any improvement. On the 4th day the symptoms decreased a little, but they did not disappear completely and at the end of the treatment the symptoms continued. - August 18 I visited a dermatologist because I'm starting to get a rash on my cheeks. I explain my situation and she also examines my penis. Regarding my cheeks, she says it's dermatitis. And that she doesn't see any herpes lesions on my penis. She says that I don't have herpes on my genitals, and recommends a moisturizing ointment (which hasn't helped at all). - I contact the doctor again at the end of the treatment. I tell him that the symptoms have gone down a bit but that I still feel a burning sensation. He prescribes painkillers, but does not prescribe any more antivirals. He just tells me that if I continue to be in this condition, I should get circumcised (because I am not). - There is a maximum of 1 or 2 days that the pain decreases. But it come back again. - August 21 I visit a last urologist (a very expensive one), he practice me a physical exam. He does not find any lesions. I have my prostate examined again. And he thinks it's prostatitis. With regard to the HSV-1 test, he told me that almost the entire population has it, and that it's usually found in the mouth. He gives me a treatment of antibiotics for 20 days. But I still have the discomfort. I don't really know what to do. I don't know what I have in my intimate parts. I am very tired. On one side the igG test says that I have the virus, but I've never had cold sores or something in my lips or around my mouth. And I don't have any lesions in my genitals. I've already been treated with antibiotics and antivirals. What do you think about this? Do you have any suggestions?
    • Runner278
      Just wanted to provide a quick update. I had my EMG and MRI that did not provide any insights for my nerve pain. I have increased my gabapentin to 1200mg a day. That seems to be helping. I have a follow up appointment with my PCP in a month. I’ll update this as thread as I have more info. 
    • Cas9
      The last time Mike spoke about this he said they were planning to start guinea pig studies in September. Hopefully they did. But even if they didn't, it would likely start in the next month or two. They said it's going to take at least a few years to complete.
    • Franky26
      Hey Mike. Do you know if FHC started there genia pigs  study yet ?  Thank you
    • hk81
      I agree with Franky26. It's the first time that gene editing is done in humans for a virus. Sterilizing or not, the results will show to the world the effects from it and its safety and it will possibly motivate other researchers to follow the same approach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.