World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mr_cbm

Could it be herpes ?

Mr_cbm

Hi,

One year ago, I had a tingling/burning sensations on my glans. I was stressed .. A lot ! I have made some research before and Internet told me it could be herpes ... Stressful ...

I saw a Dr and he told me it is herpes - he could see vesicles ... Well .. I never saw them ... I don't know how he could see something ... Anyway, he asked for a blood test and a swab (PCR)

Blood test was for HSV1/2 (non specific), NEGATIVE (Igg 0.7 and the range for neg-equivocal-pos is 0.9-1.1)

PCR test NEGATIVE too. But ... I was stupid, I washed my genital with 10-15min before the swab (it was the end of the day and it was not smelling good)

Went to see another doctor, told me it could be a mycosis and she gave me a cream. Maybe 10 days after, I was better. She asks for another blood test to confirm the first one.

HSV1/2 (non specific), NEGATIVE (Igg <0.5 and the range for neg-equivocal-pos is 0.9-1.1). Even if I had symptoms, I had sex with my gf (unprotected, we have done all classic STD tests)

I was pretty OK for a year but during end of september ... Again ! I went to see my doctor (a new one because I wanted one closer of my house). She told me it could be an atypical herpes (but she was not sure at all) and she asked for another blood test to confirm the 2 before. However, I think she doesn't know a lot about herpes, she had to check on the internet some fact about herpes ...

So, another blood test HSV1/2 (non specific), NEGATIVE (Igg <0.5 and the range for neg-equivocal-pos is 0.9-1.1)

I had tingling/burning sensation for 5-6 days maybe then nothing. During this time, I was on holiday, travelling with some friends, maybe it's why I had nothing.

I came back to my house and sensation coming back too ! Maybe 10 days of symptoms. Then another travel with my friends and no symptoms during 3 days. And again, it restarted after ...

I am very stressed because of this ... I never had painful blisters, pain at all, ...

I had, once, 3-4 years ago, some bumps/buttons with disturbing sensations on my glans but no flu like, no pain, etc and never had something like this again.

I have a gf, I'm with here since 1 year and a half and she does not have symptoms.

Edited by Mr_cbm

Scooby2112

No.  Multiple repeat tests negative a strong sign it’s not herpes.  Although the stress could be causing pelvic floor dysfunction.  

Mr_cbm

Well .. I hope

It' strange because it's recurrent but random ...(3 years without symptoms or at least unnoticed then symptoms then nothing for a year and then, symptoms again that going back and leaving for 1 month and a half)

I talked to my biologist who did my blood test and swab and she told me that my test suggests it is not herpes. However, I have to see a dermatologist to explain my symptoms.

Still hoping it's not herpes but I'm not sure ...

Mr_cbm

Hi ! Some news

Still having issue, was OK for 3-4 days then it started again today. Tingling/burning and redness.

I saw a dermatologist yesterday. I had just some little redness. She told me "maybe a little psoriasis, not herpes for me and your tests are negative (serology & pcr)"

I don't know what to think ...

Scooby2112

A dermatologist and negative tests is good results to trust.  

Mr_cbm

I guess... But still thinking it could be a misdiagnosis... 

For me, it doesn't look like a psoriasis... 

She gave me some corticoid cream. Inside the package, there is a warning "do not apply on herpes, mycosis,..." and other disease. Let's see if it's useful.. I start treatment today. 

And if it's herpes... Then symptoms are going to be worse with corticoid and maybe I will have a sore to swab. Who knows ? 

Scooby2112

Yep.  But be careful.  Too much steroid on the genitals can cause skin thinning and skin damage.  

Mr_cbm

Some news !

I applied steroid (Nerisone) for 5 days twice a day, as she told me. Not better but not worse. Still having some tingling sometimes and some sensibility.

Now I must apply the cream on the glans for 20 days before sleeping.

Fred R

Just curious did u ever have any other symptoms ?  @Mr_cbm

Edited by Fred R

Mr_cbm

Well, sometimes I can feel a little little pain on the left of my glans. 

But no ulcers, just redness as usual

I'm in "constant outbreak" since end of September... Just some days of rest every week and again and again.. 

Scooby2112

Have you used anything topically before the steroid?   

Fred R

How can u be in outbreak if u never tested positive ?