World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Contador 123

Please can someone with experience give me a little advice.

Contador 123

https://ibb.co/hVc7NVs

https://ibb.co/NSQGtFB

Hi the above pics are of my tongue and bottom lip. I'm concerned that I may have some sort of allergy or virus happening. The tongue feels quite irritated at times and you can see the red dots visible on the front of it. Also my lip (bottom) is always dry and cracks if I open my mouth quickly without thinking about it. It has been like this for some time now and seems to be getting worse. Is this a sign of something bad or could my constant stress and terrible diet be causing this. I will be seeing my doctor really soon so I just want some pointers if possible.

I have been tested for sti and all was ok, I have no outbreaks of any sort, just tender lips and sore tongue. 

The white patch on my tongue is the flash. 

Screwed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Mate if you’ve been there to help the girls in the sex trucks when they leave the mining sites early in the morning, then you would know. My problem is that what we have here is people pretending to care about people with HIV only to trample all over them in some blind attempt to promote a HSV-2 cure. Yes there’s a link, could it be biological as well as behavioural? Who knows. What I know is that changing behaviour is core to addressing the HIV situation or curing it. We could easily have a HSV-2 cure it will probably not make one bit of difference to the HIV incidence.
    • iFdUp
      Your problem seems to be specific to the behaviour of people who have both HSV and HIV.  There are various efforts underway in the developing world to prevent the spread of STD's via the use of condoms. As you know safe sex doesn't protect you from herpes virus, especially if you are unaware if a partner has it.  So which specific behaviours are you suggesting we curb, instead of putting efforts toward HIV & HSV related cases? 
    • WilsoInAus
      Exactly, HSV-2 and HIV are related to sexual behaviour, but to write it off and say therefore let’s focus on a cure for HSV-2 is criminal. Lets do something about the behaviour NOW.
    • iFdUp
      Thank you, Mike.  I think for individuals to characterize the research of the relation between HSV and HIV as frivolous and only related to the sexual behaviours and habits of people who have the diseases is a great disservice, and is somewhat insulting.  Clearly HIV and HSV can be associated to sexual behaviour. However to write off scores of research papers just because you look down on people who have both diseases is anti-progress and encourages ignorance.  Every bit of HIV research and success with clinicals I hear about makes me that much more hopeful for HSV.  Thanks for sharing this article. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Oh dear, we have been down this road before. “Adjustment” does NOT mean “control”. My statement is accurate.  In fact I am the one that is being less dangerous than you! You suggest that removing HSV-2 will reduces the incidence of HIV. I say changing sexual practices will be more beneficial - and nations should invest in that for a real impact NOW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.