World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
livelaughlove

dating sites???

livelaughlove

ok, well since i've only had HSV 1 below the waist for about 4 months now i've checked out the dating sites for HSV and it seems that there are no other people in my situation in my area on most of the sites. most of the sites mention HSV2 and there are only handful, maybe 3 males in my area at the most? it makes me think, or perhaps my brain wants me to think that what i have isn't so bad? where is everyone else at with this? i know that i'm not the only one in the area! since most of the physical signs have subsided and valtrex kills any other physical signs like the tingles..i feel like i get a false sense of security in that my HSV1 doesn't excist sometimes...anyone esle feel this way? i do want to be concerned and have no desire to put anyone else in harms way without them knowing first--i'm really too nice of a person for that---but it almost makes me feel like what i have is no big deal and this bothers me:(

HowDoITellHer

I have HSV1, and after seeing a couple of "lesions" god I hate that word...anyway, my GF noticed two tiny pimples...and after this whole debate with my ex...anyway. I have HSV1 and I wish I didn't have it because I know it's not as severe as HSV2 which makes the emotional impact almost two-fold. You think it's something you can get away with, but you know it's not. Do you know what I mean?

livelaughlove

yes i understand completely...according to my Dr..."oh good you have HSV 1 and not HSV2 so you'll have less outbreaks and perhaps no more at all"...but where do i fit in? i feel like the middle child or something...yes, i wish i didn't have HSV1 but it's supposedly less threatening than HSV2...but according to who? is a potential partner going to accept you because you have HSV 1 and not HSV 2? i kind of think the reaction is going to be the same regardless.

inspired83

I think most people stay away from the sites. Not that it is a bad to be on it or stay away from it, just that they don't seem that popular. I've looked. I've even signed up for one. I didn't get very good responses. I mainly got how guys wanted to compare how long or how bad they have had with obs. Or that they never posted a picture. Granted, I'm sure most didn't post a picture in fear that someone they actually know would see them, more embarassed propbably.

I guess it depends on how you feel about the site. I'm sure there are plenty different ones that you could try and see if there are more people in your area. But this is just my experience with it, it may go better for you and others. Good luck! :-)