World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ElegantAngel

what a x-mas present....

ElegantAngel

I found out today I have Herpes I and II. Merry X-mas to me! Oy. I'm a 20 year old college theatre student, and get this, you know how the statistic say one out of 5 people of herpes? Guess how many people I've slept with? That's right 5. How ironic. So far things have been very supportive. My current partner didn't freak out like i thought he would he was very calm about it, and is going to get tested, and my parents didn't flip out either so I guess I'm ok. I just feel kinda lonely now. I know many people have this, I mean why would the statistics be so high?

I'm in a daze right now. I'm going to the doctors on Friday to discuss what to do.

I started thinking about making this into a play (I am a playwright) and was curious if anyone would want to contribute a story to the play (everything would be anonymous).

I dunno, I think this is a healthy way of coping. I'm just a very confused student that wants santa to take this lovely present back. *sigh*

alwaysalone

hello hello,

sorry you had to get it on the big XMAS but lets face it there is no good day for it either. the best thing to do is to face it head on and take it by the horns. you cant get rid of it so now it is best to educate yourself on how to live with it. like we do :p have no fear we are all here for support though. good job on telling your partner and its a good thing that they are going to get tested now. there are a lot of great people on this site so look around and see what you can find and learn what you can. lots of good information too. pm if you need anything.

Fin

I feel your pain

Wow, that is crazy!! I remember it as exactly 4 days after the New Year in 2006 when I was diagnosed..Way to bring in the New Year right!! lol..Yeah, I agree that there really isnt any good day to get this, however, I think you are handling it in a very constructive way by contemplating turning it into a play..Even if you never produce, it would be an interesting story to tell..Hell, I write songs and sing, and I tried to turn my experience and feelings into a song..Thats what us creative types do!! Thank Goddess that we have a release!!!

Damaged

HI ElegantAngel, I am sorry to hear your news. I agree the play would be interesting and I would share annonymously if interested. I like everyone else here try to do our best to pull us all through this lifelong partnership. Some are stronger than others. I am not there yet. I think your play would be a good exorcism. Take care and be strong. Try to remember you are equally precious as others. This is the hardest part for me. God Bless.

Damaged

marriedwchildren

ElegantAngel

Well I to have had a nasty xmas present and new and birthday. Today is my 43 birthday and I was just diagnosed New Years Eve:( I am married 24 years next month and my husband has had cold sores since I met him, I have never had one. We have always been careful with oral sex. But xmas eve 8 days after he had a cold sore, we had oral sex and 3 days later my symptoms came out with a vengence. I am taking 2000mg valtrex for 10 days and I still have no relief from the ulceration and today I will call the doc and get answers. I am now at my angry stage the nurse called me with my results and as of today NO call from my DOC. So I do understand 100% how you feel I jump around everyday with different emotions! I only seen my husband cry 2 times in all these years, the first was when is Mom died and the second was when I received this terrible news. He has always said he would protect me and he says now all he can see is my tears and pain and that is super hard for him.. But I know we have a strong marriage and it sounds to me like you too have strong support from your family lean on them they will be there for you:smile:

marriedwchildren

ElegantAngel

Yes you could use my story for your play, to let people understand that you do not have to be young, premiscuous to get this disease. Sure did I think it would happen to me NO, but it did and now I have to rethink that ols stigma about who gets STD'S. So yes if I anything about my story can change people's minds on this disease then YES use what you can, and I hope it will help others to understand. I will admit I am still shocked and sad and in pain, but I know this to will pass in time!