World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Cammm

HSV 1 igg test of 36 H, urethritis

Cammm

Hello, I was dating a girl that has what she told me was hsv2 for two months. I really liked her but decided not to have penetrative sex with her but I did end up having sex with her for only the second time, she was taking antivirals and I wore a condom but here’s the kicker the condom broke completely and I was exposed for what I’d guess was 30 seconds. About 5 days later I had very clear signs of urethritis, my flow of urine was slower, burned when I peed. I looked inside my urethra and there was a white raised patch. I went to the doctor and told him this, he told me to stop looking in my urethra and made me feel crazy because I had no lesions on the outside. The discomfort peeing and white patch lasted about one month, and then I went to get a PCR swab of my urethra 2 separate times, but the lab did not refrigerate my results both times so they couldn’t test for it. The clinic literally told me this is a clusterfuck, and the window of opportunity is gone to do the swabs. I waited six weeks for my igg tests to come back and I was negative for hsv2 but positive for hsv1 with an igg score of 36h. Which my doctor said was oral herpes that I got from when I was a kid. The number is so high and I’ve never seen anyone else test that high with Igg. I’ve been told that if you have oral herpes already, which I think I did because I had fever blisters once when I was 18, 25 now, that it is not possible to get hsv1 genitally because you have the virus already. I don’t know how true that is either. Anyway now I had shooting pain mainly in my buttocks that shoots down the back side of my leg and into my foot, as well as a weird pattern on my penis gland that has been there for over a month, it’s irritated and red. I don’t know where to go from here and I just want a definitive answer. 

blurneworder

It is possible to get HSV1 and HSV2. You might be testing too early to detect HSV2.

The irritation inside your penis, burning when you pee, leg pains and red glans are highly suspect. A lot of others on this forum with genital herpes report the same symptoms as you.

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, blurneworder said:

It is possible to get HSV1 and HSV2. You might be testing too early to detect HSV2.

The irritation inside your penis, burning when you pee, leg pains and red glans are highly suspect. A lot of others on this forum with genital herpes report the same symptoms as you.

Like who? This guy needs answers not fake bullshit.

What about your experience? You had all these symptoms yet you do not have genital herpes.

Please reflect why it is you failed to share that with another human in need, in pain, in fear. 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Cammm your HSV-1 result is perfectly normal for a person with an established infection. It’s neither high nor low, but normal and positive.

Interestingly, most people with HSV-1 who become infected with HSV-2 don’t really experience any symptoms of note beyond a lesion that they don’t even attribute to herpes.

It is true that you cannot obtain a genital HSV-1 infection easily if at all.

RainyDay2
On 12/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, Cammm said:

Hello, I was dating a girl that has what she told me was hsv2 for two months. I really liked her but decided not to have penetrative sex with her but I did end up having sex with her for only the second time, she was taking antivirals and I wore a condom but here’s the kicker the condom broke completely and I was exposed for what I’d guess was 30 seconds. About 5 days later I had very clear signs of urethritis, my flow of urine was slower, burned when I peed. I looked inside my urethra and there was a white raised patch. I went to the doctor and told him this, he told me to stop looking in my urethra and made me feel crazy because I had no lesions on the outside. The discomfort peeing and white patch lasted about one month, and then I went to get a PCR swab of my urethra 2 separate times, but the lab did not refrigerate my results both times so they couldn’t test for it. The clinic literally told me this is a clusterfuck, and the window of opportunity is gone to do the swabs. I waited six weeks for my igg tests to come back and I was negative for hsv2 but positive for hsv1 with an igg score of 36h. Which my doctor said was oral herpes that I got from when I was a kid. The number is so high and I’ve never seen anyone else test that high with Igg. I’ve been told that if you have oral herpes already, which I think I did because I had fever blisters once when I was 18, 25 now, that it is not possible to get hsv1 genitally because you have the virus already. I don’t know how true that is either. Anyway now I had shooting pain mainly in my buttocks that shoots down the back side of my leg and into my foot, as well as a weird pattern on my penis gland that has been there for over a month, it’s irritated and red. I don’t know where to go from here and I just want a definitive answer. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a very high possibility that you now have genital herpes, my friend.  The exact same thing happened to me.  She wasn’t my girlfriend, but we were talking.  She has confirmed HSV2 by swab.  I had never had issues with my penis nor my nerves before meeting her.  Tried to have sex with her once, condom breaks, all hell ensues.  Penis burning, lymph node swelling, nerves going haywire, itching all over genital area, constipation, burning sensations/pain in the legs, buttocks and feet, etc.   

Doctors have cleared me for all STDs time and time again, and unfortunately, just as you said.... once that primary outbreak time frame is up... you may never get another swab-able breakout again in your life.  I am walking proof of that so far.

I strongly believe my initial break out was a single bump that I never got swabbed because my doctor wrote it off as a large ingrown hair of some sort in my pubic region.  I was skeptical, because I never get ingrown hairs there out of nowhere, and the timing of it days after HSV2 exposure was too damn coincidental.  But i wanted to believe my doctor. That was my one shot to swab, havent had another bump like that since, but the rest of the herpes symptoms re occur constantly.

The blood tests are worthless.  Don’t waste your time with them.  I continue to test negative for herpes by blood even though it is almost 100% certain I have this disease now.  The blood tests don’t look for the virus.  It looks for antibodies.  Im sure you are aware of this by now, but the virus hides in your nerves, and in your spine, not in your blood, and for some of us it does a very good job of that, fooling you into thinking a blood test is the definitive solution which couldn’t be further from the truth.  You may or may not have detectable antibodies for the strain of HSV you are infected with, and until they can create a test that looks for the virus without the need of an active lesion, that will never resolve you of being truly negative for genital herpes.  Trust me when I tell you I’ve been down that road.  

The only thing you can trust is your symptoms.  Herpes symptoms will usually reoccur throughout your life, and for me, my outbreaks do not come with lesions.  They come with burning, itching, and pain.

For me, the Itching which eventually turns to burning primarily throughout my genital area is the telltale sign.  I can feel the nerves in my skin now.  It’s like I’m constantly aware of it all, even in locations you wouldn’t expect.   Like you, I was fortunate enough to know that my giver was infected with HSV2.  So I was able to connect the dots.  Sadly, many people are not so fortunate, and walk around clueless to what they are now carrying inside their bodies, probably trying their best to attribute their symptoms to something else.  And you can’t really blame them, when HSV is such a clusterfuck in terms of getting diagnosed.

Drs. will write it off as nothing, and “that everyone has it.”  I made it 32 years without having it.  Unfortunately, my time came to get it and let me tell you, life was much more pleasant when I didn’t have it.  Good luck, I hope you find your definitive answer sooner than later, but if you don’t, as I said before, trust your symptoms above all else.  

Tone123
3 hours ago, RainyDay2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a very high possibility that you now have genital herpes, my friend.  The exact same thing happened to me.  She wasn’t my girlfriend, but we were talking.  She has confirmed HSV2 by swab.  I had never had issues with my penis nor my nerves before meeting her.  Tried to have sex with her once, condom breaks, all hell ensues.  Penis burning, lymph node swelling, nerves going haywire, itching all over genital area, constipation, burning sensations/pain in the legs, buttocks and feet, etc.   

Doctors have cleared me for all STDs time and time again, and unfortunately, just as you said.... once that primary outbreak time frame is up... you may never get another swab-able breakout again in your life.  I am walking proof of that so far.

I strongly believe my initial break out was a single bump that I never got swabbed because my doctor wrote it off as a large ingrown hair of some sort in my pubic region.  I was skeptical, because I never get ingrown hairs there out of nowhere, and the timing of it days after HSV2 exposure was too damn coincidental.  But i wanted to believe my doctor. That was my one shot to swab, havent had another bump like that since, but the rest of the herpes symptoms re occur constantly.

The blood tests are worthless.  Don’t waste your time with them.  I continue to test negative for herpes by blood even though it is almost 100% certain I have this disease now.  The blood tests don’t look for the virus.  It looks for antibodies.  Im sure you are aware of this by now, but the virus hides in your nerves, and in your spine, not in your blood, and for some of us it does a very good job of that, fooling you into thinking a blood test is the definitive solution which couldn’t be further from the truth.  You may or may not have detectable antibodies for the strain of HSV you are infected with, and until they can create a test that looks for the virus without the need of an active lesion, that will never resolve you of being truly negative for genital herpes.  Trust me when I tell you I’ve been down that road.  

The only thing you can trust is your symptoms.  Herpes symptoms will usually reoccur throughout your life, and for me, my outbreaks do not come with lesions.  They come with burning, itching, and pain.

For me, the Itching which eventually turns to burning primarily throughout my genital area is the telltale sign.  I can feel the nerves in my skin now.  It’s like I’m constantly aware of it all, even in locations you wouldn’t expect.   Like you, I was fortunate enough to know that my giver was infected with HSV2.  So I was able to connect the dots.  Sadly, many people are not so fortunate, and walk around clueless to what they are now carrying inside their bodies, probably trying their best to attribute their symptoms to something else.  And you can’t really blame them, when HSV is such a clusterfuck in terms of getting diagnosed.

Drs. will write it off as nothing, and “that everyone has it.”  I made it 32 years without having it.  Unfortunately, my time came to get it and let me tell you, life was much more pleasant when I didn’t have it.  Good luck, I hope you find your definitive answer sooner than later, but if you don’t, as I said before, trust your symptoms above all else.  

Have you had the western blot and do you feel it too isn't as reliable? I mean they discover most diseases by blood testing, and the immune system has to recognize a foreign invader. Hsv2 even if it goes in hiding it sheds often so the body will recognize something. What I'm trying to figure out is if these antibodies spike upon infection or after one has an outbreak?  

RainyDay2

To answer your first question, no I have not had the Western Blot, and after spending hundreds of my own dollars as well as hundreds of insurance dollars on IGG blood tests over a lengthy time, I don’t have any interest in spending another 300 or so more of my own money and wasting time on another blood test I don’t feel confidently about either.  Again, as accurate as they claim it to be, it still is a blood test looking for detectable antibodies that I may or may not have.

Like you, I wish I could find more information about antibody creation in the body when it comes to herpes and why we all have such varying detectable levels, but research information on this is almost impossible to find.  

Given how common it is to come across so many others stuck in my limbo situation on online forums dedicated to herpes, one will logically conclude after dealing with these symptoms personally and knowing their beginning source was exposed sex with an HSV2 positive woman, that the blood test isn’t trustworthy enough to provide peace of mind when it comes to this virus.  I have visited a HIV forum, and you will find almost no one who has been tested that is confused about his or her HIV status after a certain timeframe.  It is because it has a test that people can be confident in.

my hope is that at the very LEAST, some test is developed for HSV as well that can detect the actual virus in those without the need of active lesions, but being that herpes is so tossed aside by the medical community and misdiagnosed daily, my hopes arent extremely high.

Tone123
4 minutes ago, RainyDay2 said:

To answer your first question, no I have not had the Western Blot, and after spending hundreds of my own dollars as well as hundreds of insurance dollars on IGG blood tests over a lengthy time, I don’t have any interest in spending another 300 or so more of my own money and wasting time on another blood test I don’t feel confidently about either.  Again, as accurate as they claim it to be, it still is a blood test looking for detectable antibodies that I may or may not have.

Like you, I wish I could find more information about antibody creation in the body when it comes to herpes and why we all have such varying detectable levels, but research information on this is almost impossible to find.  

Given how common it is to come across so many others stuck in my limbo situation on online forums dedicated to herpes, one will logically conclude after dealing with these symptoms personally and knowing their beginning source was exposed sex with an HSV2 positive woman, that the blood test isn’t trustworthy enough to provide peace of mind when it comes to this virus.  I have visited a HIV forum, and you will find almost no one who has been tested that is confused about his or her HIV status after a certain timeframe.  It is because it has a test that people can be confident in.

my hope is that at the very LEAST, some test is developed for HSV as well that can detect the actual virus in those without the need of active lesions, but being that herpes is so tossed aside by the medical community and misdiagnosed daily, my hopes arent extremely high.

I understand how you feel truly but note igG test looks for 1 response and that's the igG.  The western blot looks for 14 I believe and it looks for the whole immune response. I would look into it and put it behind you. You're doing your own head in sitting idle. I spent thousands myself so what's 300 more. Ya know.. the only thing I want to find out now is about antibodies being spiked upon infection or upon the outbreak. It's discouraging reading similar stories of people testing negative but later having pos swabs (I know it's rare but still) then few months later have pos blood. Kind of leads me to believe once an outbreak accurs antibodies spike up.. that's the igG tho the wb detects 14 more other then igG.  You got to have some kind of immune response for it. The wb is the more reliable test that's offered today. Just sucks it's not available to everyone. It should be and soon will be.

Tone123

Then you have people that's truly asymptomatic and test pos igG without ever having symptoms. This virus is truly confusing 

WilsoInAus

@RainyDay2 What you choose to believe is up to you. Whether you are 0%, 50% or 100% sure you have herpes or not is of no relevance to another person. 
Facts are you have never swabbed positive and blood tests are negative. They’re simple facts that people can think about and answer the question “what one ought to think” - that’s how we support others and it’s how we support you.

What ought you think about your facts?

Sparky112

Okay, same  guy who wrote the original post just had to create another account. The girl tested positive for hsv1 and not hsv2, she’s had breakouts so she assumes it’s hsv1 genital antibody count 2.02. I tested positive for hsv1 antibody ct 36. I’ve had the symptoms I listed above as well as a high antibody count. But if I had the fever blisters 7 years ago I shouldn’t be able to get this virus as I don’t have a compromised immune system. I was drunk at the time but not drunk enough to not notice the condom rip. Is this all a load of shit? Does it not matter if you already had hsv1 orally? The more I look into this the fucking more I realize nothing at all has been done. If I do the western blot test can it tell me if I had a recent infection or a prexisting one? 

Edited by Sparky112

WilsoInAus

Hey @Sparky112 lets slow down. Remember very often we are the ones that over complicate matters.

However the simplest most rational explanation with the fewest assumptions is almost invariably correct.

For you. you’ve had HSV-1 a long time since childhood I would suggest. What is going on for you genitally is not herpes. You are unlikely to get infected.’even if you did, you wouldn’t experience symptoms worse than what you experience orally.