World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Miligan

Nerve Pain

Miligan

Hello,

I was diagnosed with genital herpes a year ago, but before I even had a typical outbreak symptom I had pain all down the back of my leg. I thought I had pulled my muscle at the time and it had become inflamed. Now that I know I have herpes the leg pain seems to coencide with an outbreak. Has anyone else experienced this sort of burning leg pain? It feels like my nerves are hypersensitive.

Thanks

VVK

Hi Miligan,

Yes, that is a reported symptom of genital herpes and I have seen it posted on these forums before. It's called sciatic pain. OTC painkillers are usually used to alleviate it somewhat, if needed.

Strong

Nerve pain is the worse syndrome of my outbreaks. I get one tiny blister but the nerve pain feels like I've been kicked so hard on my butt cheek and like some one is pinching the hell out on my labia. it sucks. My precious honey still wants to be physical anyways and it is pretty painful at first but then during it goes away ( figure because of edorphines ) but after it is worse. Like I got into a fight with my whole groin area.

Long story short the nerve pain for me is the worse. Worries me alittle. Like how can you feel pain like this and it not do damage?

Strong

bty, I live on advil but wish I had something stronger during an ob. It sucks but I have had countless ob's since my first.... Weird thing is I have'nt kept track of when my first was. I think maybe july. But my ob's have been so different every time. I would say though mine are minor but frequent. I have come to terms with them. Nothing I can do about it. Just hope it's the first year thing.

alwaysalone

Hey,

I got a BAD amount of pain in my leg when I had my first outbreak. The only time I get it now is if it's REALLY a Bad OB. My leg usually hurts a lot and is soar. I have never really taken anything for it so I can't recommend anything. I get nerve pain in other areas too. Well you know. The area down there. Sometimes it's very painful to where I almost limp when I walk. This is usually VERY hard to hide while at work and I try to just stay home when the OBS are really bad.

estoy_perdida

VVK,

you mentioned that the pain is called sciatic pain-is it involved with the sciatic nerve? I get pain in my legs too (the worst was during my first ob). I hope that the pain is just that-pain, and hopefully not damaging to the nerve!!

VVK

Yes, it is concerned with the sciatic nerve. It is probably from the herpes outbreak and not just nerve damage. I don't know whether herpes damages the sciatic nerve over time.

estoy_perdida

Ok, thanks for the reply! I'll see if I could find any information on the nerve damage part.

stiLLbeautiful

Don't know if anyone still reads this thread.. but I get terrible back pain when I have OBs.. almost to the point where my back gives out.:confused:

DavidE

Hiya - I'm a 47 year old man - I've had GH for 26 years.

As the years have gone on the attacks have become fewer, with much longer intervals between them, and the lesions have become less and less severe.

I've often wondered however if there was a relation between the attacks and the INCREDIBLE nerve pain that comes along on occassions, but until today, I've always put it down to having a bad back. Today however my Osteopath checked my back and told me he only had to do minor corrections, and couldn't see it causing me the type of pain I'm suffering.

The nerves in my legs, buttocks and arms are SCREAMING though, and finally, having read this forum (and many others) the penny has dropped. I'll be off to the Dr in the morning.

My last attack three weeks ago was the first one in about a year, and so far as lesions were concerned was limited to two, which lasted 3 or 4 days. Fairly minor in the great scheme of things. The nerve pain however has become more and more excruciating over the past few weeks, and has got to the point of being debilitating.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to the chain - it makes sense now.

David

lifesstillgood

It doesnt have to be herpes causing your nerve pain. I know it seems easy to blame in on that though. Go to a real doctor and get checked.