Almost 7 Years Positive & Extremely Happy

JenniferHoney

1 hour ago, JenniferHoney said:

Hi! I’m Jennifer and I caught genital herpes when I was 19 going on 20. It was devastating at the time but coming here and finding support helped me sooo much. Now I’m a 26 year old mommy of 1, getting married soon and couldn’t be happier! Everyone is capable of happiness. Nobody is exempt. ❤️

Nice post. Encouraging to those who think it's all over after they get herpes.

• Like 3

Happy for you ❤️. I too am in a good place. It will be 5 years this January for me and HSV2 is a non issue in my life. I live a normal, healthy and happy life. No OBS. I’ve been on suppressive therapy for 3 years and it’s been life changing. 

5 hours ago, Aries86 said:

Happy for you ❤️. I too am in a good place. It will be 5 years this January for me and HSV2 is a non issue in my life. I live a normal, healthy and happy life. No OBS. I’ve been on suppressive therapy for 3 years and it’s been life changing. 

What is your suppressive therapy consists of? 

• Like 2
On 1/5/2020 at 2:36 AM, Screwed said:

What is your suppressive therapy consists of? 

I’m on Acyclovir 400mg twice a day. I used to go several days without taking it but then I’d get muscle twitches and myalgia so I’m  pretty consistent with it now and I live like I don’t have the virus at all. It’s worked like a miracle  for me and I won’t ever stop taking it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, Aries86 said:

I’m on Acyclovir 400mg twice a day. I used to go several days without taking it but then I’d get muscle twitches and myalgia so I’m  pretty consistent with it now and I live like I don’t have the virus at all. It’s worked like a miracle  for me and I won’t ever stop taking it. 

That’s pretty awesome! 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this. I am hitting my 5 year anniversary this coming May and I haven't found anyone in the 5 years. I am turning 36 this year so I hope things turn around for me as they did for you. Congrats ❤️ Does taking the acyclovir twice a day help keep it at bay and from spreading to your partner? I am scared about this and on valtrex 500mg once daily but I am debating upping my dose to 1 gram a day. Obviously when married, I don't want to be always wearing condoms for life,

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 1:58 AM, AloneForever said:

Thanks for this. I am hitting my 5 year anniversary this coming May and I haven't found anyone in the 5 years. I am turning 36 this year so I hope things turn around for me as they did for you. Congrats ❤️ Does taking the acyclovir twice a day help keep it at bay and from spreading to your partner? I am scared about this and on valtrex 500mg once daily but I am debating upping my dose to 1 gram a day. Obviously when married, I don't want to be always wearing condoms for life,

Things will turn for you! ❤️ I don’t take anything. It’s been behaving these passed years lol, so I’ve been good with that. My husband and I don’t use any protection. To be honest, after having conversations with him (he was my boyfriend at the time) he’s made it clear that he isn’t worried about it (even though I still am sometimes) We aren’t the most careful of people but things have been positive for us. I was especially worried when it came time to have our son but things went Well there too. My advice is not to not let it get to you so much. Of course, at first it’s a big deal but over the years it became something I don’t even think about anymore & I hope it becomes that way for you 💕 Sending positive energy your way! ☺️

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
JenniferHoney
On 12/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Jeremy Spokein said:

You give me hope, Jennifer. Thank you for your post ❤️

I’m so happy that I’m able to do that! ❤️ life isn’t over for us 😊

On 12/25/2020 at 12:25 AM, Sundari said:

Thank you for sharing this! And though late, congratulations!

it’s not a problem and thank you! 💕😊

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, JenniferHoney said:

Hi! I’m Jennifer and I caught genital herpes when I was 19 going on 20. It was devastating at the time but coming here and finding support helped me sooo much. Now I’m a 26 year old mommy of 1, getting married soon and couldn’t be happier! Everyone is capable of happiness. Nobody is exempt. ❤️

Congrats! I wish many blessings and happiness to your family 💗 your post gives me hope, I’ve had it for 4 years now and still have not found the courage to open up again and get back out there. Its always encouraging to hear stories like this. 

• 8 months later...
JenniferHoney
On 3/19/2020 at 1:58 AM, AloneForever said:

I’m sooooo sorry I’m so late! Thank you so much and you will find that perfect person ❤️ I don’t take anything. Nothing at all. I used to when I was first diagnosed because I thought I had to but I don’t take anything. My husband and I have been together for 5 years and I haven’t given it to him either 

JenniferHoney

This may be TMI but we don’t use condoms either lol, I think your body also comes into play. How our immune systems are and work as well. How strong they are. Outbreaks are caused by different reasons.