Jump to content

Almost 7 Years Positive & Extremely Happy


JenniferHoney

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JenniferHoney said:

Hi! I’m Jennifer and I caught genital herpes when I was 19 going on 20. It was devastating at the time but coming here and finding support helped me sooo much. Now I’m a 26 year old mommy of 1, getting married soon and couldn’t be happier! Everyone is capable of happiness. Nobody is exempt. ❤️

Nice post. Encouraging to those who think it's all over after they get herpes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for you ❤️. I too am in a good place. It will be 5 years this January for me and HSV2 is a non issue in my life. I live a normal, healthy and happy life. No OBS. I’ve been on suppressive therapy for 3 years and it’s been life changing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aries86 said:

Happy for you ❤️. I too am in a good place. It will be 5 years this January for me and HSV2 is a non issue in my life. I live a normal, healthy and happy life. No OBS. I’ve been on suppressive therapy for 3 years and it’s been life changing. 

What is your suppressive therapy consists of? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 2:36 AM, Screwed said:

What is your suppressive therapy consists of? 

I’m on Acyclovir 400mg twice a day. I used to go several days without taking it but then I’d get muscle twitches and myalgia so I’m  pretty consistent with it now and I live like I don’t have the virus at all. It’s worked like a miracle  for me and I won’t ever stop taking it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, Aries86 said:

I’m on Acyclovir 400mg twice a day. I used to go several days without taking it but then I’d get muscle twitches and myalgia so I’m  pretty consistent with it now and I live like I don’t have the virus at all. It’s worked like a miracle  for me and I won’t ever stop taking it. 

That’s pretty awesome! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this. I am hitting my 5 year anniversary this coming May and I haven't found anyone in the 5 years. I am turning 36 this year so I hope things turn around for me as they did for you. Congrats ❤️ Does taking the acyclovir twice a day help keep it at bay and from spreading to your partner? I am scared about this and on valtrex 500mg once daily but I am debating upping my dose to 1 gram a day. Obviously when married, I don't want to be always wearing condoms for life,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 1:58 AM, AloneForever said:

Thanks for this. I am hitting my 5 year anniversary this coming May and I haven't found anyone in the 5 years. I am turning 36 this year so I hope things turn around for me as they did for you. Congrats ❤️ Does taking the acyclovir twice a day help keep it at bay and from spreading to your partner? I am scared about this and on valtrex 500mg once daily but I am debating upping my dose to 1 gram a day. Obviously when married, I don't want to be always wearing condoms for life,

Things will turn for you! ❤️ I don’t take anything. It’s been behaving these passed years lol, so I’ve been good with that. My husband and I don’t use any protection. To be honest, after having conversations with him (he was my boyfriend at the time) he’s made it clear that he isn’t worried about it (even though I still am sometimes) We aren’t the most careful of people but things have been positive for us. I was especially worried when it came time to have our son but things went Well there too. My advice is not to not let it get to you so much. Of course, at first it’s a big deal but over the years it became something I don’t even think about anymore & I hope it becomes that way for you 💕 Sending positive energy your way! ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
JenniferHoney
On 12/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Jeremy Spokein said:

You give me hope, Jennifer. Thank you for your post ❤️

I’m so happy that I’m able to do that! ❤️ life isn’t over for us 😊

On 12/25/2020 at 12:25 AM, Sundari said:

Thank you for sharing this! And though late, congratulations!

it’s not a problem and thank you! 💕😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, JenniferHoney said:

Hi! I’m Jennifer and I caught genital herpes when I was 19 going on 20. It was devastating at the time but coming here and finding support helped me sooo much. Now I’m a 26 year old mommy of 1, getting married soon and couldn’t be happier! Everyone is capable of happiness. Nobody is exempt. ❤️

Congrats! I wish many blessings and happiness to your family 💗 your post gives me hope, I’ve had it for 4 years now and still have not found the courage to open up again and get back out there. Its always encouraging to hear stories like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
JenniferHoney
On 3/19/2020 at 1:58 AM, AloneForever said:

Thanks for this. I am hitting my 5 year anniversary this coming May and I haven't found anyone in the 5 years. I am turning 36 this year so I hope things turn around for me as they did for you. Congrats ❤️ Does taking the acyclovir twice a day help keep it at bay and from spreading to your partner? I am scared about this and on valtrex 500mg once daily but I am debating upping my dose to 1 gram a day. Obviously when married, I don't want to be always wearing condoms for life,

I’m sooooo sorry I’m so late! Thank you so much and you will find that perfect person ❤️ I don’t take anything. Nothing at all. I used to when I was first diagnosed because I thought I had to but I don’t take anything. My husband and I have been together for 5 years and I haven’t given it to him either 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferHoney

This may be TMI but we don’t use condoms either lol, I think your body also comes into play. How our immune systems are and work as well. How strong they are. Outbreaks are caused by different reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      72,001
    • Total Posts
      486,776
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Fernie hope you are going well. The doctor is spot on here. Many people with HSV-1 end up with slightly elevated results for HSV-2 that does not indicate infection with HSV-2. This persists from test to test for some people. The Westernblot would be useful to you, but will just confirm what is being said to you. Most people actually with HSV-2 test above 3.5 on those sorts of tests. 
    • Fernie
      Just got off the phone with a doctor and they said based off the history of my tests, it’s most likely a false positive.    they also said that because I have hsv1 that that could be causing the false positive 
    • ChattyB
      How do you know you have hsv-2 orally.  I read that having hsv-2 orally is highly unlikely. 
    • Fernie
      I’m so confused and don’t know what to do.    Sorry for posting here so much but I’m just lost.   I’ve tested normal on these dates 7/14/2020 0.72 IGG , 10/28/2020 0.89 IGG.    Then I tested low positive 6/6/2021 1.11 IGG.    I went back after that test to confirm the abnormal results on 7/29/2021 0.78 IGG were the results which led me to believe that the first abnormal results were just wrong.    Fast forward to now I just got my results back this morning from 11/27/2021 1.17 IGG, were the results. I’m just so confused, don’t know what to do. I’m going to have a consultation over the phone with a physician today and I also reached out to Terri from Westover Heights.    At this point I’m considering a western blot and I’m so paranoid I also signed up for another full panel std testing. I’m just so confused and stressed out.  Hope my buddy @WilsoInAus sees this  
    • ChattyB
      Did you find out what's going on. I'm having the same exact shit
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.