World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

LightafterDarkness

Belgium Study of 2LHERP for oral HSV

LightafterDarkness
Posted (edited)

Looks like a Phase IV(edit: thanks @iFdUp) study kicking off in Belgium in Feb 2020 for the usage of 2LHERP. Could be of major interest if we have any Belgian Members here. Anyone familiar with this compound?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04065971?recrs=abdf&cond=Herpes+Simplex&draw=2&rank=5

Edited by LightafterDarkness

iFdUp

That lists its self as a Phase 4 trial. 

Apparently this treatment was already available and is now being investigated for previously unrealized potential. 

wiza

Is there anyone that tried this? 

It looks to be available in Belgium already and has Status "Authorised" on famhp website. 
There are Leaflets and SPC available on the famhp website if you go to https://www.famhp.be/en then "PIL and SPC of a medicine" and search for the 2LHERP. 

Have sent an email to the company to check if this is available in my country(Europe), otherwise thinking of ordering from some random Belgian pharmacy... but would like to have some further information. 

Google translate of the RCP available on famhp:

5.1. PHARMACODYNAMIC PROPERTIES
The indication for 2LHERP® is mainly based on the homeopathic use of
strains that make it up. Documentation regarding clinical verification of
the indication includes the results of clinical monitoring carried out with 2LHERP®.
Although clinical research logically focuses on very
specific, the results of these studies separately do not warrant an indication
more specific for 2LHERP® at the moment. Overall, the different
However, the studies described below make it possible to consider the indication as
clinically likely. The studies presented are post-multicenter studies
marketing.
This medication does not replace other therapies that have activity
superior and demonstrated in EBM in a comparable clinical setting.
A retrospective follow-up on 30 patients with herpes was carried out.

Genital herpes :
10 women and 3 men with an average age of 54.4 years (from 24 to 68 years),
suffering from genital herpes for an average of 5.2 years (from the first episode to 27 years)
and with an average of 6.7 herpes episodes per year were treated with
2LHERP®, 1 capsule / day, for 3 to 6 months. The follow-up revealed a
disappearance of seizures in 69.2% of cases (9/13), a decrease in intensity and
the frequency in 15.4% of the cases (2/13) and an unchanged clinical state in 15.4%
cases (2/13).

Orofacial herpes:
12 women and 5 men with an average age of 41.5 years (from 13 to 73 years)
suffering from orofacial herpes for an average of 8.3 years (2 months to 34 years) and
with an average of 6 herpes episodes per year (except for a first case
rash) were treated with 2LHERP®, 1 capsule / day, for 3 to 6 months. For 16
of the 17 patients, herpes episodes stopped during treatment and were not
no longer reappeared after treatment. The follow-up revealed a disappearance of
attacks in 16 cases out of 17 (94.1%). For the only remaining case (5.9%), a decrease
frequency and intensity has been observed.
This follow-up did not reveal any side effects and the tolerance to the drug was rated as good to very good.

wiza

Did some more research and this looks to be the initial study done on 2LHERP: https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1054/homp.1999.0429, not fully available through that link though. 

I found some posts from Italian / Spanish forums talking about the formula, but the only "feedback" i found was from a response to a blog-post about Micro-immuneteraphy, so it might be "biased". Also translated using Google translate. 

Capture.PNG.a7172f8ffd5d6476e271e1d602e99ed7.PNG

Also sent an email to to the company and got the response:

"Thank you very much for your interest in Micro-immunotherapy and the Labo'Life medicines.

For the time being Micro-immunotherapy is mainly practiced in central and southern European countries, such as France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic and Portugal. Unfortunately I can't recommend you any doctor who practices Micro-immunotherapy in Sweden. But we are working on it...

In any case, you can order the medicine 2L HERP in some online pharmacies and get it shipped to your country. Please find one popular place to buy Labo'Life medicines under the following link: REMOVED LINK 

Attached please find some brochures with information about Micro-immunotherapy and how to take the medicines.

In case you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I'm not really sure what to think about this... thinking if should give it a try, but 43€ x 6 is not so fun for something you know little about. Is there anyone that have heard of this compound or even better tried it? 

hk81

I could check if my health insurance is supporting homeopathic treatments.  I know that some insurances do that in Germany, if there is a prescription from a doctor. In that case it would not cost me much..

I've also been checking for articles and opinions online, but I'm afraid that there is some bias. The only reassuring thing is that they are running the new trial to give evidence about the efficacy. I suppose that outcome cannot be biased

wiza

Just wanted to update, i ordered two boxes and will give it a try to start with. 

I don't have much faith that this will work, but i believe it's worth a try.. I'll try and remember to report back. 

And of course i would still like to hear from someone that already tried it.

I agree with you hk81, you start hoping when they start declaring a new study. 

ManagingIllness

Homeopathy is quackery for the desperate. The journal article linked to above is a homeopathy journal. In other words, that journal has no legitimacy. Here is a primer on homeopathy:

lennyblastoff
On 2/10/2020 at 4:12 PM, wiza said:

Just wanted to update, i ordered two boxes and will give it a try to start with. 

Keep us updated 

Graph14

What’s the status/update on this product ? Did anyone notice a difference?

Naturalady
Posted (edited)

I just ordered 2 boxes of 2LHERP and will definitely post my results. It might take an extra 3 weeks to arrive the website said due to Covid-19. It's being shipped from Ontario, Canada. Has Wiza used the pills yet? I took a variety of homeopathic remedies for 3 years with mild results, but still had daily symptoms and recurrent outbreaks every month. Let's see if this proves any better. I learned about this product from a clinical trials site that was recruiting for a phase 4 study for long term effects of the medication against the recurrence of genital herpes. I don't know why others said the study was for oral herpes. The med is used for both types, HSV1 and HSV2.

https://www.findmecure.com/clinicaltrials/show/nct04235322?condition=Genital Herpes

Edited by Naturalady

missyrose

This is a very small study so i wouldnt get to exited by the results having said that what works for one person is good ,but not may work for somebody else.

Naturalady
Posted (edited)

@Missyrose what a way to try and be a bummer and bring someone down! If you have nothing to add that helps, then don't add anything. Of course we all know by now that some things work for some, but not for others. In the original study, 2LHERP stopped outbreaks in  41% and another 32% only experienced 1 or 2 relapses during the 8-50 months of follow ups.  I never put all my eggs in one basket when trying out different things for HSV anymore. Maybe you don't have daily symptoms with outbreaks weekly for 14 years, like me, but I will try a product that's been around for 20 years. It must be helping people if they're doing another phase 4 trial to see if it's stopped all recurrent outbreaks in oral (one study) and genital (another study). Trials are not cheap and so there must be some anecdotal evidence to make them think it's been helping people in Europe stop recurrent outbreaks. It's a Belgium product, but sold around Europe. I've tried crazier and more expensive things. I spent thousands and thousands so far. Right now I take cannabis (RSO) at night before bed along with Lauricidin, oregano oil, and olive leaf extract. After 5 straight nights of doing this my outbreak is almost gone, but usually there's another one forming. But I hope doing this each night will keep that from happening. 

I also took LDN (low dose Naltrexone) recently for over a week and my symptoms were really reduced, but then I got side effects from the LDN of dizziness and headaches. Which one is worse dizziness with headaches or continual outbreaks, ugh!! After I stopped taking the 1.5 mg of LDN is when my now outbreak started, about 5 days later. I am getting a new prescription of LDN at a lower dose of 0.5mg. I'll see if that can suppress the virus, but without getting the adverse effects. I hate taking pharma drugs, but this one is an immune modulator so it should help with other health issues I have, too, like lupus. 

Edited by Naturalady

Naturalady

@Cas9 I don't need another person's opinion of if I have the virus or not. I have been diagnosed and symptoms are consistent with everyone else's symptoms who have HSV genitally. If you don't know what they symptoms are, then maybe you should google it. I've done hundreds of hours of reading on the internet. I've had many ObGyn visits. It's probably likely due to my lupus diagnosis that the hsv is able take such control of my body. If there's a vitamin or supplement, I'm 99% certain I've tried it. I don't think antivirals are good for the body, so I don't take them. I have tried them and they worked a bit, but I still have symptoms. I currently have a sore and it burns. I had HPV, but my body cleared that and have been negative for that the last 2 times I tested for it, most recently 2 months ago. I've looked into what else it could be, but it's just hsv2

Cas9
Posted (edited)

@Naturalady

Given the unusual frequency of your condition I was wondering whether it's all due to herpes; i.e. it could be other things in addition to herpes. I mean, who gets herpes weekly? By the time it emerges and goes away another OB occurs. That makes it essentially, non-stop. Very unusual. But if you're satisfied with your diagnosis then I wont try to help.

Edited by Cas9

hk81

@Naturalady I also have very frequent symptoms; transient redness and inflammations in the places where I had blisters before. But now, before a blister starts to grow, the outbreak is stopped. I've been thinking if I'm having an autoimmune related problem too (because they are really too frequent!), or if it's really a strong inflammatory immune response to reactivation.

How was your lupus diagnosed?

Laguna

@Graph14 thanks for posting! That makes a lot of sense in theory that it could work this way. I hope it does! @wiza @Naturalady please keep us posted. 

Naturalady
Posted (edited)

@hk81 I was diagnosed with lupus by a blood test called ANA IFA (anti nucleic antibody). Basically it sees if your body is attacking its own tissues. My naturopath ordered other blood tests that narrowed it down to lupus, as opposed to other autoimmune conditions. 

I'm hopeful that the lower dose 0.5 naltrexone will still help against the HSV. LDN modulates the immune system, whether it needs up or down regulation. Mine seems to need up regulation. I feel I am in good care with my naturopath who listens to me and orders blood tests that are helpful. I just spoke to him about some new blood test results. My hsv 1 and 2 are lowering. I am anemic and have low stomach acid. For years my CBC said my alkaline phosphatase levels were below normal. I was always told by western medicine doctors that it means nothing and only if my levels were above normal range would it be a concern. My naturopath today told me it means I have low acid levels in my stomach which means I am not absorbing vitamin D, protein and iron because of that.  All 3 of those were low. He looks at my whole health picture. He also has me on DHEA to increase my total testosterone.  I'm going to take biters or something else to increase acid levels in stomach. I didn't think I had symptoms of low acid levels, no heart burn. I guess I have a few little things that need attending to. My latest blood test for lupus showed it  decreased a lot. From 640 down 80. Hopefully it will keep going down, until it goes into remission.  The key is to get my immune system functioning in a balanced way again, and that should get the hsv under control. 

I took cannabis 6 nights so far with oregano oil, lauricidin and olive leaf, and sometimes astragalus. My symptoms have been milder, and ob is healing quicker. I also put on an herbal antiviral ointment or cannabis ointment at night which helps with the symptoms of burning, tingling, itching and helps in the healing of the red inflammed skin. 

Edited by Naturalady

Voyager2

@Naturalady. Just a thought. I've been taking Acyclovir for decades and it really works in my case. If you gave up on it 14 years ago, you might consider getting a new prescription and just trying it for a month. Our immune systems change over time.  It can't hurt. 

Just a human being
Posted (edited)

I absolutely support this research. I support any ethical company providing factual information through clinical research. I think the thought that things may work for one or not another is a valid contribution. I also agree people should be adding positively to this movement a challenge I understand myself when you are suffering. It s actually lack of information to analyse (info i’m working hard on) of factors and variables also context and a complex social environment (something I also work hard on to unpack and communicate) that I have witnessed muddying the waters for those HSV infected. (Particularly for those with complex cases).  Their suffering resonated with me which is why I took up HSV activism. I m excited by the indisputable and conclusive data in the proof of concepts coming out of the Barcalona 2020 Novel Concepts. {I believe it will contain all required biological evidence and trials} Although no doubt many will try to dispute it. It is important to support this work as it will help open up the medical reasons why some fail or have more difficulties. Otherwise you are just guessing, speculating or have no idea really. { Especially if you don’t have important information of the process.} { Synthetics are entirely unnecessary for most (😘) and there is often no actual honest data in social context . } Unless one understands the process, how treatment actually works and can identify the actual reasons for a failure rate it isn t science (and unless one understands this they cannot guess on what the failure rate actually is. Most measures take two years of data to get the real drop off rate over factors). [actual failure rate in ideal situations incredibly low! Some people do need reputable integrative assistance.] Further research will follow which is paramount. Without clinical data the community at large will not listen and confusion will continue! Clear data on cost effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy is what you want to see in clinical data. I support the recognition of integrative medicine opening up to the broader recourse which is why I think this is a great post!

Good post @LightafterDarkness

Edited by Just a human being
We need to think critically to what is going on around us. The 5CC hold critical science for those HSV infected particularly those worse effected. Remember: lovealways it isn’t easy when ur hurting 💝💝💝💝🦋💝💝💝

TCBH
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, Naturalady said:

@Missyrose what a way to try and be a bummer and bring someone down! If you have nothing to add that helps, then don't add anything. Of course we all know by now that some things work for some, but not for others. In the original study, 2LHERP stopped outbreaks in  41% and another 32% only experienced 1 or 2 relapses during the 8-50 months of follow ups.  I never put all my eggs in one basket when trying out different things for HSV anymore. Maybe you don't have daily symptoms with outbreaks weekly for 14 years, like me, but I will try a product that's been around for 20 years. It must be helping people if they're doing another phase 4 trial to see if it's stopped all recurrent outbreaks in oral (one study) and genital (another study). Trials are not cheap and so there must be some anecdotal evidence to make them think it's been helping people in Europe stop recurrent outbreaks. It's a Belgium product, but sold around Europe. I've tried crazier and more expensive things. I spent thousands and thousands so far. Right now I take cannabis (RSO) at night before bed along with Lauricidin, oregano oil, and olive leaf extract. After 5 straight nights of doing this my outbreak is almost gone, but usually there's another one forming. But I hope doing this each night will keep that from happening. 

I also took LDN (low dose Naltrexone) recently for over a week and my symptoms were really reduced, but then I got side effects from the LDN of dizziness and headaches. Which one is worse dizziness with headaches or continual outbreaks, ugh!! After I stopped taking the 1.5 mg of LDN is when my now outbreak started, about 5 days later. I am getting a new prescription of LDN at a lower dose of 0.5mg. I'll see if that can suppress the virus, but without getting the adverse effects. I hate taking pharma drugs, but this one is an immune modulator so it should help with other health issues I have, too, like lupus. 

Hi Naturalady,  I totally get what you're going through.  I think women in general can have a harder time with HSV.  It tends to manifest differently and more often especially if you're still menstruating and/or have autoimmune issues too.  I deal with all that.  I'm too am about to venture into the world of LDN for psoriasis and Hashimoto's.  In my research I came across this youtube video made by a guy who too was having headaches from LDN.  For him the fix was to take a different dosage each day.  One day he would take 1.5 mg the next 3 mg and then the next 1 or 2 mg--very random.  Here's a link to his video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JjmyXMNV8&t=5s.  He did have headaches for two weeks at the start but felt fine after his body adjusted.  Hope the lower dosage works.

Edited by TCBH
grammer

Just a human being
On 5/10/2020 at 12:36 AM, hk81 said:

@Naturalady I also have very frequent symptoms; transient redness and inflammations in the places where I had blisters before. But now, before a blister starts to grow, the outbreak is stopped. I've been thinking if I'm having an autoimmune related problem too (because they are really too frequent!), or if it's really a strong inflammatory immune response to reactivation.

How was your lupus diagnosed?

Although at times some people can have a more vicious strain there is usually something going on medically for those with more persistent issues. It s not necessarily auto immune. Low immunity/low endocrine function and imbalanced bio chemistry is the reason for some. 

Laguna
11 hours ago, Just a human being said:

Although at times some people can have a more vicious strain there is usually something going on medically for those with more persistent issues. It s not necessarily auto immune. Low immunity/low endocrine function and imbalanced bio chemistry is the reason for some. 

After many years I'm coming to understand this. Much due to this website and the members' posts. Now, how to figure out where my imbalance is. I'm thinking my thyroid is low even though the tests are "normal." I have all the symptoms and my mother has Hashimoto disease. Any suggestions as how to pin point bio chemistry imbalances? 

Just a human being
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Laguna said:

After many years I'm coming to understand this. Much due to this website and the members' posts. Now, how to figure out where my imbalance is. I'm thinking my thyroid is low even though the tests are "normal." I have all the symptoms and my mother has Hashimoto disease. Any suggestions as how to pin point bio chemistry imbalances? 

Functional doctor can be worthwhile. I m a fan of HTMA(it s real science! Don’t deny truth in healing! It originated in the 30’s. It’s crazy it s taken till 2020 to prove it works! It s publishing!)  

Look who is local to you. I know Cat had a post on a functional Dr. Some of them are amazing, or have their own expertise: limits and advantages. Some are average.  @Screwed looked like they had a reputable dr. I just know a few things surface level. I like at the moment the Walsh schools of thought.  I will be treating with a Walsh practitioner this year. 

Edited by Just a human being