World's Largest Herpes Support Group
blurneworder

Folliculitis and its connection to herpes

blurneworder

From an August 2019 report. . .

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070456-clinical#b2

"An uncommon form of folliculitis is due to an infection with herpes viruses. This form of folliculitis can be caused by an infection by herpes simplex viruses 1 and 2 and is found in areas adjacent to a primary cold sore. It is spread by shaving. These lesions appear as grouped or scattered vesicles. [18, 19]

Varicella-zoster virus may present with exclusive follicular involvement.  Most patients present with erythematous hyperkeratotic papules in a dermatomal distribution; however, dissemination can occur in immunocompromised patients. [20] In contrast to the characteristic lesions seen in most herpes infections, vesicles typically do not occur. Biopsy is often required to confirm the diagnosis. [19]"

WilsoInAus

Again you only post this to scare people.

Bacteral folliculitis is a bacterial condition and very common. Herpes folliculitis describes multiple sores coming off the nerve endings. It has been described in a handful of cases only. It is not caused by shaving as this Dolly article suggests.

Remember descriptions such as folliculitis, balanitis and vaginitis are not conditions on their own. They are umbrella terms covering a range of causes and need an adjectival phrase.

Hence to have bacterial vaginitis or yeast balantis is zero indication of herpes.

blurneworder
28 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Again you only post this to scare people.

It's for informational purposes, not to scare anybody. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• hk81
      I have had an infection of HSV1 at the end of 2016, diagnosed through an urethral swab. After that, I have had a cascade of symptoms increasing year after year, which I have not been able to diagnose correctly. I am still struggling with the diagnosis and it would be interesting to compare opinions. Symptoms: - Constant irritation on the glans, rash. Small red wounds inside of the urethra. This is what I have associated with my typical symptom of herpes - In the last year: constant conjunctivitis. A bad pink eye lasting for a few days, once in the left eye, the next week in the right eye, and so on - Since a few months: red dots appearing on my fingers and then disappearing after a few hours. Occasionally turning into blisters. Once 2 swollen painful fingers   A doctor made some blood exams and he didn't bother to comment them before throwing me out of his door, saying "you are negative to herpes. you have an obsession and you need a psychologist" - IgM: < 0.9, IgG: > 30 I understand that this means an exstablished infection and I could not expect it to be different. I have no idea what it means the fact that my IgG is so high. I have read that IgM negative in some cases means that there is no recurrence / active or acute infection, but not always. - RF IgA (normal range 0 - 14): 62. I have read that this is an index of an established Rheumatoid Arthritis. This could probably correlate to the symptoms on my fingers. What I do not know is: can it be generated as a consequence of a herpes infection, as an autoimmune disease? Is this the possible reason why some people describe of symptoms getting worst after some years, or having nerve pain?
    • WilsoInAus
      She did see a doctor, it’s thrush.
    • RNY18
    • RNY18
      https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/z3b4x4/this-woman-is-telling-partners-she-has-herpes-with-a-comic?utm_source=vicefbus&fbclid=IwAR3xAXuZBdT-zVsukvq24WZ3Tqaltv-RTt2ukN9PtVk8xJx1PB0ZeHcWBoQ   "Now, Katie just passes the pamphlet to potential paramours when it’s time to dish herpes details, usually as soon as she senses sex is on the horizon. “It’s kind of nutty but people seem sort of charmed by it,” Katie said. “It’s also kind of silly, so it lightens the situation.”..."  
    • Tulip79
      Glad you got it checked out, now you know.  It looks painful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.